Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pets Gallery

Sageghost

On 8/29/2020 at 8:07 PM, ThereWeAreThen said:

We bought him a couple of years ago when my daschund b**** passed away, I was really skeptical when my mother said she was buying a poodle I honestly thought "What those pompous things you see on tv". The first day he arrived everyone in the house fell in love.

Even when hes being a pain in the ass, no one can stay mad at him for more than a few hours. He gets away with murder! :lol:

Poodles are underestimated,they are extremely intelligent and human orientated,I know of a guy who has working poodles that are great hunters.I'd like one crossed with a whippet.

• Like 6

Just now, XenoFish said:

That's a floof. 

She needs a bath and brushed out, but don't let the floof fool you, she will eat anyone who comes into my house unannounced.   

• Haha 3

Just now, tcgram said:

She needs a bath and brushed out, but don't let the floof fool you, she will eat anyone who comes into my house unannounced.   

Probably won't attack me. My dad's cousin has a ex-police dog (german shepard) that he has to warn people about. I meet her and she brings me a toy, doesn't go near my cousin at all. But wouldn't leave me alone the entire time. I get along better with animals than people. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 4:07 AM, ThereWeAreThen said:

We bought him a couple of years ago when my daschund b**** passed away, I was really skeptical when my mother said she was buying a poodle I honestly thought "What those pompous things you see on tv". The first day he arrived everyone in the house fell in love.

Even when hes being a pain in the ass, no one can stay mad at him for more than a few hours. He gets away with murder! :lol:

They are the smartest dogs on the planet with some exceptions that I attribute to bad breeding. 

• Like 4

On 9/1/2020 at 12:56 AM, openozy said:

Poodles are underestimated,they are extremely intelligent and human orientated,I know of a guy who has working poodles that are great hunters.I'd like one crossed with a whippet.

No, crossing a poodle with a whippet could result in some very strange, nervous dogs that might decide to try to rule the world.  :lol:

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

No, crossing a poodle with a whippet could result in some very strange, nervous dogs that might decide to try to rule the world.  :lol:

Whippets are the least highly strung dogs around and very tough hunting dogs.Mine have even punched above their weight catching wild pigs while I've been out rabbiting.Poodles are an old hunting breed also,you will get a very good lurcher from the cross.But you are right about them ruling humanity,all dogs do, lol.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, openozy said:

Whippets are the least highly strung dogs around and very tough hunting dogs.Mine have even punched above their weight catching wild pigs while I've been out rabbiting.Poodles are an old hunting breed also,you will get a very good lurcher from the cross.But you are right about them ruling humanity,all dogs do, lol.

I have only been around whippets that were show dogs.  But I would have never let one hunt anything bigger than a rabbit.  I sometimes think breeding for show instead of practicality should be a crime as it ruins a lot of breeds.  Show dogs should  be bred for the best of what the breed is designed for but fads take over and even standard poodles have suffered as a breed for it.  I still don't think it is a good idea to breed two such disparate type dogs.  Too many problems, you get a litter of 6 puppies, 5 that are strange, dumb or have health issues and if you are lucky you get one that is what you were looking for or at least healthy and smart.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I have only been around whippets that were show dogs.  But I would have never let one hunt anything bigger than a rabbit.  I sometimes think breeding for show instead of practicality should be a crime as it ruins a lot of breeds.  Show dogs should  be bred for the best of what the breed is designed for but fads take over and even standard poodles have suffered as a breed for it.  I still don't think it is a good idea to breed two such disparate type dogs.  Too many problems, you get a litter of 6 puppies, 5 that are strange, dumb or have health issues and if you are lucky you get one that is what you were looking for or at least healthy and smart.

I totally agree with you,dog showing and breeding for it is the downfall of most breeds, although most breeds wouldn't still exist if it didn't happen.I'd only use dogs from working lines in the crossing for hunting purposes.Working dogs have superior intelligence, health and stable temperaments in most cases.Even in a working bred litter you may only get two out of 6 that excel at the job,two or three mediocre ones and one or two that don't make it.Whippets are the exception though with many show bred dogs doing well in the field,they may appear shivery, prancing little lap dogs but give them a day out ferreting and you'd be surprised.Whippet/poodles do make good lurchers but whippets crossed with any other agile breed do also.The pigs mine have caught were just in the wrong place at the wrong time,I have dogs for pigs as is the one in the avatar.

Edited by openozy
  • Like 1

Sorry the picture is weird, I know. I had to use a editor to put it on here.

LEFT TO RIGHT: Lassie, Brownie, Charlie

Edited by Chronus

11 minutes ago, Matt221 said:
On 9/2/2020 at 10:33 PM, openozy said:

what you get as you say is a cracking little lurcher like this i'd have one at the drop of a hat............apparently the wife would'nt

I really like that dog Matt,might be better suited over your way when I see how wooly the coat is and imagine it full of Aussie burrs lol.But it looks capable and trainable.I bet if you took a pup of that breeding home the mrs would love it.

• Like 1

Just now, openozy said:

I really like that dog Matt,might be better suited over your way when I see how wooly the coat is and imagine it full of Aussie burrs lol.But it looks capable and trainable.I bet if you took a pup of that breeding home the mrs would love it.

i'm not over struck on broken or long haired dawgs either to much mud and crap get in their coats although my saluki lurcher don't seem to bad as for mrs matt 2 dogs at time is plenty lol

• Like 1

My step dad took Archie for a walk and decided to make a youtube video. :D

WARNING: ITS NOT CLICKBAIT! I REPEAT ITS NOT  CLICKBAIT!

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Nyana

373020157_Nyanainthegarden26-4-20.thumb.JPG.6760d65d18ce1377a0cfa9c6160b1db8.JPG

My companion and friend for 17 years, who fell asleep for the last time, 16th September 2020

You do not walk beside me,

I can not hear your purr,

I can not stroke your pretty head,

Or run fingers through your fur.

You'll no longer greet me,

When I'm returning home.

No longer sit beside me.

So I do not feel alone.

But although you are not here now,

Time forced us to be apart,

You re not really gone yet,

You're forever in my heart.

He looks a bit chonkey

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Chronus said:

He looks a bit chonkey

Wow, you skipped all the lessons on sensitivity didn't you?

"He" was a she and she was long haired.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Wow, you skipped all the lessons on sensitivity didn't you?

"He" was a she and she was long haired.

Was a joke sorry

54 minutes ago, Chronus said:

He looks a bit chonkey

Uncalled for... Jeez

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Nyana

373020157_Nyanainthegarden26-4-20.thumb.JPG.6760d65d18ce1377a0cfa9c6160b1db8.JPG

My companion and friend for 17 years, who fell asleep for the last time, 16th September 2020

You do not walk beside me,

I can not hear your purr,

I can not stroke your pretty head,

Or run fingers through your fur.

You'll no longer greet me,

When I'm returning home.

No longer sit beside me.

So I do not feel alone.

But although you are not here now,

Time forced us to be apart,

You re not really gone yet,

You're forever in my heart.

I just loiter here in the shadows but feel I needed to say "How sorry I am for your loss". I know how much it hurts and the pain you feel from experience.

My thoughts are with you. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Waspie_Dwarf said:

Nyana

Looks a lot like my cat. Except mine has more grey to her. Yeah, I bet she was a lap cat wasn't she or did she do the "I lay on your feet" thing like mine did?

• Like 4