Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sageghost

Pets Gallery

2,588 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Michelle
15 minutes ago, StarMountainKid said:

What's up with these stupid cats?

Usually it's because they haven't been spayed or neutered. It breaks my heart how many feral cats have to be euthanized because so often owners let their pets roam to breed at random. I was fortunate enough to find a litter before they became feral and found homes for them. That is so often not the case. :(

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
susieice
9 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Usually it's because they haven't been spayed or neutered. It breaks my heart how many feral cats have to be euthanized because so often owners let their pets roam to breed at random. I was fortunate enough to find a litter before they became feral and found homes for them. That is so often not the case. :(

That's so true Michelle. My cat, who is strictly indoor, was also part of a feral litter. He's neutered and is happy to rule me and his house. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarMountainKid

There was a feral dog that used to visit the neighborhood last summer. It was a big dog, we called it Red. It looked healthy and never bothered anyone. If it saw any neighbor outside it would bark at them from a distance then run away. It sort of became another neighbor no one complained about. We grew to have some affection for it.

There were a couple of little dogs belonging to a neighbor that ran around loose sometimes. O'l Red used to pal around with them and play with them. When they weren't around I could tell Red was lonely for them, used to walk around hoping they'd be let out.

I felt sorry for the dog, though it wasn't skinny or anything. There's a river and woods not far away that I suppose it actually lived in most of the time. Then after the summer was over the dog never showed up again. Dog catcher might have eventually got it as I suppose it also roamed around in other neighborhoods.

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
3 minutes ago, susieice said:

That's so true Michelle. My cat, who is strictly indoor, was also part of a feral litter. He's neutered and is happy to rule me and his house. 

Anyone who truly loves animals, will have them fixed, unless it is for selective breeding. Otherwise, I don't think they should have a pet...period. Some breeders shouldn't have them either.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
On 4/15/2018 at 5:49 AM, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Another one of Buster xx 

rsz_019_2.jpg

Let's get back to these beautiful babies...OMG! :wub:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarMountainKid

The first live video I've made, maybe not too interesting. Rescued a kitten from under a neighbor's house.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tcgram
3 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

The first live video I've made, maybe not too interesting. Rescued a kitten from under a neighbor's house.

 

What a cute baby!!   :wub:

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightAngel
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

The first live video I've made, maybe not too interesting. Rescued a kitten from under a neighbor's house.

 

 

Not interesting, are you crazy?! :lol:

I'm crazy about cats, as you can see on my avatar picture, so that might be the reason why I love this video so much.

Thank you soooooo much for sharing, it gave me a big smile on my face ;)

 

Edit: The only criticism I want to give you here is the fact that you told the older cat to get out of the way.... the older cat just wanted to give the little kitten some love :blush:

Edited by LightAngel
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarMountainKid
9 hours ago, LightAngel said:

 

Edit: The only criticism I want to give you here is the fact that you told the older cat to get out of the way.... the older cat just wanted to give the little kitten some love :blush:

That was my cat, he just wanted to be in the scene, show-off that he is. He was so interested in me holding the camera before I edited it out, the whole video would have been a close up of his nose. :)  So I had to push him away a little. 

I promised him he'd be in my next video, so he wasn't too mad at me. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
LightAngel
8 hours ago, StarMountainKid said:

That was my cat, he just wanted to be in the scene, show-off that he is. He was so interested in me holding the camera before I edited it out, the whole video would have been a close up of his nose. :)  So I had to push him away a little. 

I promised him he'd be in my next video, so he wasn't too mad at me. 

:tu:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
StarMountainKid

Sorry to say the little kitten didn't make it. It had its mama, but it slowly became weaker and finally succumbed.  I knew the symptoms, and there was really nothing to do for it to regain it to health.

I took a kitten with similar symptoms to a vet once, and he said when they stop eating there's nothing to do for it. It seems when a kitten starts becoming weak, it's already too late. The vet didn't know what the problem was, he offered a few suggestions, but it seems not all kittens in a litter survive for whatever reasons.

image.png.3293541ee258dc66718c4fa4b401ff6c.png

  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daughter of the Nine Moons

This is one happy little girl.

 

IMG_20180603_215408_011.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Likely Guy
2 hours ago, Daughter of the Nine Moons said:

This is one happy little girl.

Way true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.