Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sageghost

Pets Gallery

2,765 posts in this topic

ouija ouija
19 minutes ago, Ravenesse said:

Does he look in distress or in pain? Nope. He's happy as a clam in Dewey Beach mud where nobody's digging for him.  

There's a difference between control and punishment.

'Does he look in distress or in pain?' I would say he looks in fear of pain and therefore there's an element of distress showing.

'There's a difference between control and punishment', from his perspective I think not.  

• Like 5

Iilaa'mpuul'xem
7 hours ago, Ravenesse said:

Does he look in distress or in pain? Nope. He's happy as a clam in Dewey Beach mud where nobody's digging for him.  

There's a difference between control and punishment.

If its a "prong collar" he won't look in any distress or pain unless you are correcting him. its designed to inflict pain, any time a dog pulls or misbehaves... Control through punishment is never a good direction to go. 

While carrying out any dog training with any breed, never use any physical violence to try to get a positive result, many dog trainers try to get control through fear, “education ends where violence begins" never use harsh tools or equipment, this is the direction quick fix trainers use.. Beautiful dog though.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Ravenesse

Pfft. He doesn't fear anything.  When the prong collar goes on, he knows he's in my control and he's going out in public.  Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Pet Smart. And he knows he must be on his best behavior.  When wearing the e-collar, he's working and training at home.  Lounging around the house - he only wears a regular leather collar.  

X

7 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

'There's a difference between control and punishment', from his perspective I think not.  

And there is where you're wrong. Dogs this powerful, when well trained, actually like knowing what's expected of them. 

Punishment is beating them into submission, until you get the desired behavior.  Training is what you do to get them to WANT to do the desired behavior.  

Iilaa'mpuul'xem
7 minutes ago, Ravenesse said:

Pfft. He doesn't fear anything.  When the prong collar goes on, he knows he's in my control and he's going out in public.  Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Pet Smart. And he knows he must be on his best behavior.  When wearing the e-collar, he's working and training at home.  Lounging around the house - he only wears a regular leather collar.  

X

And there is where you're wrong. Dogs this powerful, when well trained, actually like knowing what's expected of them. 

Punishment is beating them into submission, until you get the desired behavior.  Training is what you do to get them to WANT to do the desired behavior.  

I can sense your bad energy in your posts, you have no idea about dog behaviour or their psychology, using quick fix tools to get a solution, rather than working with the dog, understanding the breed and its instinctive behaviour, I see dog owners like you all the time and know how the story ends. 

I get the desired behaviour without a single training session, I don't believe in dog training, having said that I do it for clients that really want it... The only thing needed to get the desired behavior is patience, understanding and calm energy.. I bet you have non of these... I have over 70 dogs, many reactive and aggressive when they come to me and they all end up balanced and calm.. no e collars, no harsh training tools, just a slip lead and my energy.. 

Nice to know you can use a regular collar in the house, where a dog doesn't need one at all... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ravenesse
1 hour ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

If its a "prong collar" he won't look in any distress or pain unless you are correcting him. its designed to inflict pain, any time a dog pulls or misbehaves... Control through punishment is never a good direction to go. 

While carrying out any dog training with any breed, never use any physical violence to try to get a positive result, many dog trainers try to get control through fear, “education ends where violence begins" never use harsh tools or equipment, this is the direction quick fix trainers use.. Beautiful dog though.. 

Close, but no cigar.  Stating prong collars are only used to inflict physical violence and pain on the dogs is not accurate. It's actually the opposite. Our Dobermans follow our voice and hand commands.  But we put prong collars on them in public for an extra measure of control.  

• Sad 1

Ravenesse
38 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

I can sense your bad energy in your posts, you have no idea about dog behaviour or their psychology, using quick fix tools to get a solution, rather than working with the dog, understanding the breed and its instinctive behaviour, I see dog owners like you all the time and know how the story ends. 

I get the desired behaviour without a single training session, I don't believe in dog training, having said that I do it for clients that really want it... The only thing needed to get the desired behavior is patience, understanding and calm energy.. I bet you have non of these... I have over 70 dogs, many reactive and aggressive when they come to me and they all end up balanced and calm.. no e collars, no harsh training tools, just a slip lead and my energy.. 

Nice to know you can use a regular collar in the house, where a dog doesn't need one at all... 

Are you for real? I have 2 Dobermans that I work with daily so that they are sociable.  I have bad energy and no idea about my dog's psychology or their breed?  And I use quick fix tools rather than working with them???

You have more than 70 dogs -most reactive and aggressive. And you don't believe in dog training?  And that patience, Understanding, and calm energy will turn them into family pets?

Let me know where you are. I'd love to bring my Dobermans to you for to calm them with your energy. 

What state are you in?  I'll come to you. 

Iilaa'mpuul'xem
10 minutes ago, Ravenesse said:

Are you for real? I have 2 Dobermans that I work with daily so that they are sociable.  I have bad energy and no idea about my dog's psychology or their breed?  And I use quick fix tools rather than working with them???

You have more than 70 dogs -most reactive and aggressive. And you don't believe in dog training?  And that patience, Understanding, and calm energy will turn them into family pets?

Let me know where you are. I'd love to bring my Dobermans to you for to calm them with your energy. 

What state are you in?  I'll come to you. 

Sociable dogs don't need quick fix tools, your dogs are not sociable or you would use a regular collar or slip leash.. I have 70 dogs on my books, many with issues that needed behaviour modification to allow them to become family pets..I am UK based but take your dogs to Brandon Fouche, he is US based and helps dog owners like you.. and yes I am for real and the fact you said "Let me know where you are. I'd love to bring my Dobermans to you for to calm them with your energy"... tells me your dogs are not sociable. I am not going to derail this thread and continue this discussion, My time is better spent loading the dishwasher. I know all I need to know about you and your experience with dogs already.Have a lovely day. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GlitterRose

Ugh...the pet gallery should be a place where I can go to look at cute animals...not a place where people are trashed for their training practices.

When you have a big dog that might not be safe around strangers, you have to make sure they don't go after anyone. 

• Like 6

Ravenesse
36 minutes ago, Iilaa'mpuul'xem said:

Sociable dogs don't need quick fix tools, your dogs are not sociable or you would use a regular collar or slip leash.. I have 70 dogs on my books, many with issues that needed behaviour modification to allow them to become family pets..I am UK based but take your dogs to Brandon Fouche, he is US based and helps dog owners like you.. and yes I am for real and the fact you said "Let me know where you are. I'd love to bring my Dobermans to you for to calm them with your energy"... tells me your dogs are not sociable. I am not going to derail this thread and continue this discussion, My time is better spent loading the dishwasher. I know all I need to know about you and your experience with dogs already.Have a lovely day. 

In case you didn't catch my sarcasm, when you're done calming your 70 aggressive dogs and loading your dishwasher, You can come load mine while I take my Dobermans to Dairy Queen for ice cream.  

• Haha 1

Ravenesse

I agree!  My dogs are people, children, and pet friendly. :-)

• Like 4

Iilaa'mpuul'xem
8 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Ugh...the pet gallery should be a place where I can go to look at cute animals...not a place where people are trashed for their training practices.

When you have a big dog that might not be safe around strangers, you have to make sure they don't go after anyone. 

My apologies ChaosRose and to the Moderating staff. My passion and love sometimes gets the better of me.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

XenoFish
29 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Beware the roaming pack of feral chihuahua's. No one's ankles are safe.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

GlitterRose
2 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Beware the roaming pack of feral chihuahua's. No one's ankles are safe.:lol:

Those things can be vicious. Lol.

I remember a family member had one that went after my ankles. 

• Like 4

XenoFish
1 minute ago, ChaosRose said:

Those things can be vicious. Lol.

I remember a family member had one that went after my ankles. 

I had 5 chi-chi's one of them died of old age, the other a seizure. They yap a lot, but never got vicious with any one. The second oldest one is a lap dog through n' through. I have a Prince Charles Cavalier and he's an idiot dog. Dumbest dog I ever had. 

• Haha 1

GlitterRose
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I had 5 chi-chi's one of them died of old age, the other a seizure. They yap a lot, but never got vicious with any one. The second oldest one is a lap dog through n' through. I have a Prince Charles Cavalier and he's an idiot dog. Dumbest dog I ever had. 

Lol...not the sharpest tool in the shed, eh? 

• Like 1

XenoFish
2 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Lol...not the sharpest tool in the shed, eh? 

Not at all. Never seen a dog that would repeatedly miss the front door, standing right in front of it. 

• Haha 1

GlitterRose
Just now, XenoFish said:

Not at all. Never seen a dog that would repeatedly miss the front door, standing right in front of it. 

It's ok, I had one that would lift the wrong leg.

Sniff and sniff and sniff...find the exact perfect spot to pee...then lift the wrong leg and pee in the exact opposite direction.

I called it being dyslegsic. 

• Haha 5

XenoFish

screen-shot-2014-10-05-at-11-38-52-pm.pn

• Like 3

SecretSanta
4 hours ago, Ravenesse said:

In case you didn't catch my sarcasm, when you're done calming your 70 aggressive dogs and loading your dishwasher, You can come load mine while I take my Dobermans to Dairy Queen for ice cream.  

My husband runs a few DQ’s and he always gives free ice cream (vanilla cup) or crumbled hamburger to the doggies. 

• Like 4

openozy
19 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

That's a nasty-looking collar he's got on .............

Sort of suits him though.

Ravenesse
22 hours ago, openozy said:

Sort of suits him though.

Looks can be deceiving. (Snarky)  Don't judge a book by its cover. 

Miss Meeseeks
1 hour ago, Ravenesse said:

I was gonna say :huh: he looks a bit nasty but as a gentle energy field or vibes I suppose. 

• Like 2

openozy
2 hours ago, Ravenesse said:

Only joking ,he's awesome, I own 11 dogs, American bulldogs,jack russells and whippets.Haven't seen a good Doberman in years till him. Cheers.

Avalanche
Posted (edited)

My maine coon cat Timber who sadly passed on this friday the 13th and my other best mate moz they were brothers both born 2002

Resized_20170226_213040.jpeg

Resized_20180425_124642.jpeg

Edited by Avalanche
  • Like 1
  • Sad 8