Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sageghost

Pets Gallery

3,001 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Overdueleaf
1 minute ago, XenoFish said:

I just checked the site on my phone and still can't see them. Thought it might be my ancient laptop acting up, doesn't seem so. This is what I get when I try to open them in a different window.


{"error":{"code":"EP-4010","requestId":"66e01f20-fddb-11e9-c000-08e0991ce31c"}}

Try now, I decided to not be lazy and actaully save the pictures to my laptop then upload. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
3 minutes ago, Overdueleaf said:

Try now, I decided to not be lazy and actaully save the pictures to my laptop then upload. 

:tu:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daughter of the Nine Moons
1 hour ago, Overdueleaf said:

Linus and Remmy. They stole the Wooda's bed, probably because it is in front of the heater vent

1896103069_linusandremmy.thumb.jpg.eb0cb8c602474097b6bc44a4b94d505a.jpg

 

1 hour ago, Overdueleaf said:

Stuppy and remmy

remmystuppy.thumb.jpg.9cab421665774cc4b1ce0d509aaa244e.jpg

I see both

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 10/9/2019 at 11:24 AM, Scholar4Truth said:

That head tilt and little smile is so cute ^_^

BEAUTIFUL!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
On 10/31/2019 at 5:21 AM, third_eye said:

Long day.... 

Goof ball... Someone obviously had a nice day... 

~

Man, they're growing up bigtime.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Corgi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Corgi?

Pembrokeshire Corgi.

Born with just a nub tail. B)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish
1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Pembrokeshire Corgi.

Born with just a nub tail. B)

So you've got a loaf of bread dog.:lol:

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Scholar4Truth
3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

There's a bug on the wall!!!

20191106_130421_resize_80.jpg.d97464f27adcab0196b5f1e11ac65697.jpg

Sad puppy dog eyes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Overdueleaf

Old man Wooda and Remmington enjoying their "fire"

woodafire.thumb.jpg.d5b2fffe992028ec5d2addfe8ea92626.jpg

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlebrowndragon

Sometime in the not too distant future I am hoping to get a dog, a small breed.  I have seen a few "Westies" - West Highland terriers - around locally and they seem such friendly, good natured  little dogs that I thought I might go for one of those.  Does anyone here own a Westie?  Any advice to offer?  Can anyone recommend any other type of small breed dog?

 

PS: I love all the pet pictures in this gallery.

Edited by littlebrowndragon
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
23 hours ago, littlebrowndragon said:

Sometime in the not too distant future I am hoping to get a dog, a small breed.  I have seen a few "Westies" - West Highland terriers - around locally and they seem such friendly, good natured  little dogs that I thought I might go for one of those.  Does anyone here own a Westie?  Any advice to offer?  Can anyone recommend any other type of small breed dog?

I always liked my Lhasa apsos. You keep them "puppy cut" and they don't mat, shed or smell. They are also friendly as can be. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daughter of the Nine Moons

I've always loved Lhasa apsos

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
On 11/18/2019 at 9:41 AM, littlebrowndragon said:

Sometime in the not too distant future I am hoping to get a dog, a small breed.  I have seen a few "Westies" - West Highland terriers - around locally and they seem such friendly, good natured  little dogs that I thought I might go for one of those.  Does anyone here own a Westie?  Any advice to offer?  Can anyone recommend any other type of small breed dog?

 

PS: I love all the pet pictures in this gallery.

My mother's aunt owned a Westie.  It was a cool dog but she never trained it. She was in her 70's when she got it and it was a little too high energy for her.  I would recommend them if you have time to spend training and walking it every day.  They are terrirers so there is a personality there and smart for little dogs.

If you want an energetic, smart smaller dog you could look in to a Jack Russel as well.  They are very cool dogs but you do have to train them or they will train you.  It really depends on what you want your dog to do.  If you want a nice lap dog a papillon (not sure I spelled it correctly pap ee on)  is very nice. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

If you want an energetic, smart smaller dog you could look in to a Jack Russel as well.  They are very cool dogs but you do have to train them or they will train you.  It really depends on what you want your dog to do.  If you want a nice lap dog a papillon (not sure I spelled it correctly pap ee on)  is very nice. 

Jack Russel terrorists.

We had one for whistle pigs which would lock onto a lasso and you could twirl her around. :lol:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
4 minutes ago, Piney said:

Jack Russel terrorists.

We had one for whistle pigs which would lock onto a lasso and you could twirl her around. :lol:

I had a co-worker who had 3 and he made harnesses for them and would have them pull him on his roller blades a mile every day like a mush team.  He even trained them to follow the mush commands, gee & ha or what ever.  He had figured out that a mile was really all they could go without stress.  They were so well trained that he could leave the front door open and go in and out and they would not step over the threshold unless he said they could. 

My dad had one that he did not train and it trained him.  It was a rotten little dog until it got old and couldn't hear anymore.

 

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
Just now, Desertrat56 said:

I had a co-worker who had 3 and he made harnesses for them and would have them pull him a mile every day like a mush team.  He even trained them to follow the mush commands, gee & ha or what ever.  They were so well trained that he could leave the front door open and go in and out and they would not step over the threshold unless he said they could.  My dad had one that he did not train and it trained him.  It was a rotten little dog until it got old and couldn't hear anymore.

We were "sitting one" that tried to eat a hole into the kitchen wall and bit the throat out of one of the teacup poodles. Luckily he missed the arteries and the poodle was OK. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
24 minutes ago, Piney said:

We were "sitting one" that tried to eat a hole into the kitchen wall and bit the throat out of one of the teacup poodles. Luckily he missed the arteries and the poodle was OK. 

 

Yeah, they can be awful dogs if they don't get trained when they are young, very stubborn and single minded.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
littlebrowndragon
3 hours ago, Piney said:

I always liked my Lhasa apsos. You keep them "puppy cut" and they don't mat, shed or smell. They are also friendly as can be. 

I just googled a photo of the breed.  I recognise it.  Someone locally has one of those dogs and it really is a very cute, friendly little thing.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Piney
1 hour ago, littlebrowndragon said:

I just googled a photo of the breed.  I recognise it.  Someone locally has one of those dogs and it really is a very cute, friendly little thing.

That's the best part. My youngest would walk around with him draped like a stuffed toy, sometimes even upside down and he was bomb proof as long as you didn't hurt him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt221
On 11/18/2019 at 4:41 PM, littlebrowndragon said:

Sometime in the not too distant future I am hoping to get a dog, a small breed.  I have seen a few "Westies" - West Highland terriers - around locally and they seem such friendly, good natured  little dogs that I thought I might go for one of those.  Does anyone here own a Westie?  Any advice to offer?  Can anyone recommend any other type of small breed dog?

 

PS: I love all the pet pictures in this gallery.

westies are a great little dog  i don't know a lot about them but i knew someone who owned one it was a poaching dog rabbits and rats where her speciality but also she was great fireside companion and gentle as can be around kids

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.