Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Still Waters

Up to 750,000 UK Covid test kits recalled

Still Waters

Up to 750,000 unused coronavirus testing kits manufactured by diagnostics company Randox have been recalled from care homes and individuals due to concerns about safety standards.

At the beginning of the coronavirus crisis, the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) is understood to have operated a haphazard policy for obtaining testing kits and it faced criticism for the purchase of millions of kits that turned out to be significantly less effective than originally claimed by pharmaceutical companies.

The recall ordered by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) comes after the UK government instructed care homes and members of the public to immediately stop using Randox testing kits in mid-July following fears over sterility.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/08/up-to-750000-uk-randox-covid-test-kits-recalled-over-safety-concerns

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

stevewinn
Posted (edited)

who cares, i mean, there is absolutely no need to test anyone any more. the public have moved on, only the few are still listening to public health advice.

beaches this weekend up and down the land. parks the same. shielding stopped on the 1st August. everyone back to work.

some companies are getting rich quick off these so called tests. never had test kits for the Hong Kong flu which killed more than Covid as in the UK

https://www.newsweek.com/californians-flout-social-distancing-tens-thousands-crowd-beaches-amid-heat-wave-pandemic-1500300

Edited by Still Waters
Replaced copyrighted image with source link

LV-426
8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

who cares, i mean, there is absolutely no need to test anyone any more.

blackadder-quotes-series-3-mad-jack-macm

I mean... seriously... :rolleyes:

The mad conspiracy theories some adhere to, the apparent eugenics tendencies some have adopted for COVID-19, and so on... I've learned to live with them.

Stating that testing isn't important in the middle of a global pandemic, with so many unknowns, is a whole new level of bonkers though.

8 hours ago, stevewinn said:

the public have moved on, only the few are still listening to public health advice.

beaches this weekend up and down the land. parks the same. shielding stopped on the 1st August. everyone back to work.

No... the public haven't moved on.

The minority that pack the beaches - and yes they are the minority in a nation of almost 68 million people - don't represent the majority that are doing their best to follow the rules and guidance, as confusing as it often is.

• Thanks 1

stevewinn
9 hours ago, LV-426 said:

blackadder-quotes-series-3-mad-jack-macm

I mean... seriously... :rolleyes:

The mad conspiracy theories some adhere to, the apparent eugenics tendencies some have adopted for COVID-19, and so on... I've learned to live with them.

Stating that testing isn't important in the middle of a global pandemic, with so many unknowns, is a whole new level of bonkers though.

No... the public haven't moved on.

The minority that pack the beaches - and yes they are the minority in a nation of almost 68 million people - don't represent the majority that are doing their best to follow the rules and guidance, as confusing as it often is.

you need to get out more. outside of going in big supermarkets and buses no ones wearing a face mask. city and town centres up and down the land heaving with shoppers. beaches packed, parks packed, house/ garden parties, everyone's back to work from last Saturday. 1st August. social distancing down from 2 meters to 1.5meters. Govt paying half the bill to encourage people to eat out in restaurants, pack your bags jump on a plane go on holiday.

Cookie Monster

Sky News is reporting that 47% of Brits are against the vaccination with most of the pro group being the elderly. The reasons being a lack of trust in authority figures and they think the virus should be allowed to run its course instead all the lockdown/social distancing.

I dont trust authority figures. Every 1-2 decades a scandal comes out where they admit to doing some kind of experiments on people. In fact, I think only a moron would place their unbinding faith in a doctor, politician, or a scientist. Only an even bigger moron would sign up to vaccine testing signing away their rights.

On top of that how is a new vaccine that has been rushed through going to be safe even if its genuine? Will we find in 10 years time lots of people being born without arms and legs? A higher rate of cancer? Immunological problems? Who knows.....

I refused a TB jab when I was younger, and I will be refusing a coronavirus vaccine one.

Setton
21 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

On top of that how is a new vaccine that has been rushed through going to be safe even if its genuine?

Just because it goes through the process faster, does not mean it doesn't go through the full process.