Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
trustedhealer

Astrology and Life

88 posts in this topic

Rlyeh
2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

Just like psychology.  But people think it is real.

Worse than psychology, astrology assigns emotion and personality to planets.

• Like 4

Will do
22 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Worse than psychology, astrology assigns emotion and personality to planets.

Like most things, there are kernels of truth in most things that are false.

In astrology, it may at least point to something about personalities fitting into some universal patterns that make people similar. Eventhough no two will ever be exactly the same.

The rest to me is just pie in the sky.

• Like 2

Desertrat56
9 minutes ago, Will do said:

Like most things, there are kernels of truth in most things that are false.

In astrology, it may at least point to something about personalities fitting into some universal patterns that make people similar. Eventhough no two will ever be exactly the same.

The rest to me is just pie in the sky.

It's called Archetypes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Jujo-jo
On 8/8/2020 at 8:52 AM, Piney said:

Your asking about horoscopes with the name trustedhealer? :huh:

My sign is the Monkey. 

@Cloud7  Might be able to help you out. 

I'm a boar lol

• Thanks 1

Jujo-jo
13 hours ago, Will do said:

I agree.

Perhaps instead of applying psychology to manipulate or attempt to control someone else, it might be better used to control and change oneself.

And/ or to help others.

• Like 1

Jujo-jo
On 8/8/2020 at 8:36 AM, trustedhealer said:

I never believed in Horoscope and living life on these beliefs , visited a lot of astrologers, did some automatic reports on a lot of websites and everything almost turned out to be unreal , but after a period of time one of my friend introduced me to Horoscope and an Astrologer in Delhi which made me believe in it. What do you guys think about Astrology and what is your zodiac sign ?

I used to believe in it but it's a wide area one can get caught up in and lost in and mislead in. There did seem to be times that it seemed to have some truth to it. 

My opinion is that there are some really good ones out ther, few and far between, some aren't good at it at all but just want to con for money and this is an easy way to do it. And some truely want to be good at it but aren't and dont have a clue how to be but keep trying anyway. Some people also I think are just naturals at it.

I think the really good ones that study the alignments of the constilatins, along with birth sings who come up with an accurate reading may also be using a bit of medum-ship or physics abilities along with it.

Astrology readings to me are on the  lines of I Ching, numerology, tatort readings, ruins stones, cards of your destiny, ect.  In which I have played with all, and all are forms of divination and probably at times could also open other doorways that sometimes should also remain closed. I think it falls into one of those realms that we fully and truely do not understand and know enough about and never will.

Emma_Acid
22 hours ago, kartikg said:

It's could be all made up, but you still need to read up those made up texts, I am talking about fraudsters who have not read anything on astrology or can't read horoscopes. They pretend like that they have full knowledge. 

If it's made up then so are the texts - if it isn't real, it doesn't matter what the practitioner does in preparation, because the net result will be the same. 

• Like 3

Emma_Acid
On 8/11/2020 at 4:03 PM, Desertrat56 said:

There are archetypes that are used to represent the planets, moon and certain stars, the position of those are calculated based on a birth date, time and place (because time is tied to place).  I don't know the mechanics of it, but I have seen what it takes to create an accurate birth chart.  It is very interesting and if all the variables are accounted for the pattern of one's life may be perceived, but it is hard to account for all the variables.  

So... it isn't actually anything then? I still can't see anyone explaining what it actually is, how it actually works and how it actually differs from just plain fraudulence. 

• Like 4

trustedhealer

who all are virgo like me ?

and then

I don't think astrology is capable of reading future events.  I'm a Scorpio and, apparently, a "metal rat", whatever the hell that's supposed to be.

Imaginarynumber1
Posted (edited)

2020 and grown ass adults are still out there believing that astrology is real. ****s sake, people. 

Edited by Imaginarynumber1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

GoldenWolf
On 8/12/2020 at 8:28 AM, Will do said:

I agree.

Perhaps instead of applying psychology to manipulate or attempt to control someone else, it might be better used to control and change oneself.

Make sure you practice what you preach.

• Like 2

Will do
13 minutes ago, GoldenWolf said:

Make sure you practice what you preach.

Ya know what's funny about all these sissy-la-las around here? All day long they whine about what other people are doing because they won't get off their tush to do it themselves.