Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Executive Order

Agent0range

President Trump on Friday teased an executive order to require health insurers to cover all preexisting conditions, something already established under the Affordable Care Act, which his administration is suing to dismantle.

"Over the next two weeks I’ll be pursuing a major executive order requiring health insurance companies to cover all preexisting conditions for all companies," Trump said during a news conference at his Bedminster property in New Jersey. "That’s a big thing. I’ve always been very strongly in favor. We have to cover preexisting conditions."

Trump claimed such a move "has never been done before," though insurance companies are already required to cover patients with preexisting conditions under the Affordable Care Act, which was enacted in 2010.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/511139-trump-teases-order-to-require-insurers-to-cover-pre-existing

Our savior has done it again!  Much like Veteran's Choice, he has accomplished what no other President in history has been able to do!  Trump 2020!  Heil Trump!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Our savior has done it again!  Much like Veteran's Choice, he has accomplished what no other President in history has been able to do! 

Yet you still mock the guy.  Kind of an ungrateful piece of work, aren't ya?

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, and then said:

Yet you still mock the guy.  Kind of an ungrateful piece of work, aren't ya?

Whoa, that went right over your head.  Choice was passed in 2014.  Pre existing conditions by law, have to be covered already.  So, what am I to be grateful for?  Are you that far gone that you believed the words that he said? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Trump wants to kill the ACA so this EO would be necessary to cover preexisting conditions should the administration be successful.

The individual mandate in the ACA was deemed a Tax by SCOTUS and that is how it was ruled Constitutional because Congress has the authority to levy taxes, and now that the penalty has been done away with in 2017 the ACA is no longer a Tax and could be struck down in the high court.

https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxvox/supreme-court-says-health-care-mandate-constitutional-tax

To give the man his dues, he’s going to dismantle ACA however he can, so it’s a good thing that he has ensured that when it goes the good things about it remain.

• Like 1

You know the executive order to defer payroll taxes. So this is not a forgiven tax , just a temporary suspension . So what is anyone getting out of this? If you spend that tax money now , how will you pay it back in spring ? What this could in effect do , is put a large amount of people in debt to the IRS, correct? So trump says , if i get re elected , then i will then forgive the taxes. And he has said a lot of things , so it is not a guarantee. So basically (now i could be wrong ) , its like he is wanting to put people in debt and then hinges that debt on his re election as he says he will forgive that debt if re elected. He's been mentioning wanting this deferal for quite a while now. business savvy no? Or i am i seeing this all wrong?

Edited by razman

On 8/8/2020 at 12:08 PM, Agent0range said:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/511139-trump-teases-order-to-require-insurers-to-cover-pre-existing

Our savior has done it again!  Much like Veteran's Choice, he has accomplished what no other President in history has been able to do!  Trump 2020!  Heil Trump!

Theres much more to it!

On 8/8/2020 at 3:30 PM, razman said:

Says right in there that the affordable care act had it, so Obama did it already.

Theres a thing called hidden clause, reading the fine print, and reading between the lines.

Most people don't understand what really happened there which is a vast area of mistake, not to mention forcing people who couldn't afford it to be financially penalized.... 

Oh, my bad I guess some of you would probably be all for that ; )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jujo-jo said:

Most people don't understand what really happened there which is a vast area of mistake, not to mention forcing people who couldn't afford it to be financially penalized.... 

Oh, my bad I guess some of you would probably be all for that ; )

No that doesn't seem good to me.    Donald Trump has a good solution for it though.  No penalty.  Buy insurance if you can afford it, if you can't then do without. 

• Thanks 1