Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

250,000 expected at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

Still Waters

One of the largest events since the beginning of the pandemic has begun in South Dakota: More than 250,000 people are expected at the iconic Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.

That's scaled down from previous years, where about half-a-million people have descended on the city of about 7,000 for an event that has developed a reputation as an anything-goes festival.

While the 80-year tradition isn't as raucous as it once was, festivalgoers will be largely free of social distancing restrictions common elsewhere in the country during this year's 10-day festival.

Bikers flocking to the small town from around the country won't face quarantining requirements if they are from a coronavirus hot spot.

And masks? They're encouraged – not required.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/no-masks-required-250-000-232256861.html

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

• The title was changed to 250,000 expected at Sturgis Motorcycle Rally

......and wipe out 1/3 the Lakota Nation in the process.......dumbasses........

Although Pine Ridge and Rosebud will probably put up blockades for the governor to rant about again......

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I don't get the mind set for people to gather like those knowing how dangerous it is.  

• Like 8

we already had about as much doing basically same thing, (protests riots)"apparently" it did not  create issues, or caused any jump in infections

• Like 3

Just now, aztek said:

we already had about as much doing basically same thing, (protests riots)"apparently" it did not  create issues, or caused any jump in infections

There are pocket outbreaks all over from Jersey Shore gatherings. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I don't get the mind set for people to gather like those knowing how dangerous it is.  

schools, 

8c97544d-3eb6-4c60-a856-42bfe8a7d1c1-AP_

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Sadly, you only need to look through a few threads on here for an insight.

Denial, sociopathy, mad 5G/antivax conspiracy theories, etc. They're all commonplace.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

They are rugged freedom loving individualists. That's why they all dress alike and ride Harleys.   Let Freedom ((tickle)) Ring !  (COUGH)!   from sea to sh (COUGH ! COUGH !) shining sea !    (HackGagCOUGH!!)  

As for schools....sure they will be disease spreaders ..but, school isn't really a choice,,,for students??

whereas, a motorcycle rally is.

Edited by lightly
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, lightly said:

They are rugged

Until they are alone and unarmed. Then they're whiny begging t***s

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Piney said:

Until they are alone and unarmed. Then they're whiny begging t***s

well ..'badass' is part of the fantasy.?    but I can't talk...you've heard  'I'm a lover not a fighter'?    Well, I'm not good at either! :P

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 months and counting, no cure, vaccine in various countries going through trials. limited treatment via drugs, how long do we lockdown for? how long do we keep schools closed? how many companies do we allow to go to the wall? will the world left be worth surviving the virus?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lightly said:

well ..'badass' is part of the fantasy.?  

Until they hit Gang Max and get thrown into a "gladiator arena". 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, glorybebe said:

Over the years, I've have known a number of people who have gone, from repressed businessmen to berserkers.  For some it seems to be a rite of passage to show themselves and the world that underneath that quiet exterior they are more than an engineer or accountant. For others it seems to be life as they live it.  The danger aspect seems to be one of the draws.  Burning Man for barbarians.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

8 months and counting, no cure, vaccine in various countries going through trials. limited treatment via drugs, how long do we lockdown for? how long do we keep schools closed? how many companies do we allow to go to the wall? will the world left be worth surviving the virus?

We're at about day 140 or so of the "15 days" to flatten the curve.  This situation is being politicized and one need look no further than the blue cities where you can be arrested for gathering at a church but allowed to gather to riot.  Those who sit back shaking their heads at "idiots" who've decided to ignore the dangers, might want to think about the damage their 5th column buddies have done to our trust in government and trust in most everything seen about this virus.  Lie long enough and hard enough and then be surprised that people ignore warnings?  REALLY?

Now we're being bombarded with gloom and doom over the number of infections and NO ONE will admit that the CFR is continually going down.  I wonder why that would be?

• Like 1

This is a reckless abandonment of common sense and intelligence, seeing that the US is the most Covid 19 affected country in the world.   At this rate the US may never be free of this contagion and return to the old normal gone.   Some doctors are now saying it is unstoppable.   If it is ever stopped in the US and return to normal is possible, it will take a miracle.

Edited by Dustyrose33
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm not familiar with all the laws in the different States.  Can we shoot these idiots or not?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, and then said:

We're at about day 140 or so of the "15 days" to flatten the curve.  This situation is being politicized and one need look no further than the blue cities where you can be arrested for gathering at a church but allowed to gather to riot.  Those who sit back shaking their heads at "idiots" who've decided to ignore the dangers, might want to think about the damage their 5th column buddies have done to our trust in government and trust in most everything seen about this virus.  Lie long enough and hard enough and then be surprised that people ignore warnings?  REALLY?

Now we're being bombarded with gloom and doom over the number of infections and NO ONE will admit that the CFR is continually going down.  I wonder why that would be?

This disease doesn't care about politics.

It doesn't care if you're a Democrat, Republican, Labour, Conservative, or any of the multitude of other political doctrines around the world.

It doesn't care if you're in the middle of a mass gathering of bikers, beachgoers or Black Lives Matter protesters.

It may have a preference for age, a slight preference for gender and race, but on the whole it doesn't particularly care who you are, where you live, what your religious views are, or any other characteristic which typically defines us.

It doesn't care whether you believe in it or not. It doesn't care whether news stories about it are optimistic or pessimistic.

In fact it doesn't care period. It simply wants to spread in the most efficient manner it can.

Our aim should be to hinder it in any way we can, making a few sacrifices in the hedonism department so that we can try and keep our economies running as functionally as possible. At least until we have solid scientific evidence on a wide range of issues, including but not limited to how much immunity recoveries gain, and how long that immunity lasts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, aztek said:

schools, 

8c97544d-3eb6-4c60-a856-42bfe8a7d1c1-AP_

The school in the photo has since closed again, because after this was reported a number of students and some teachers have tested positive for the Virus, this was reported today on the news. Apparently the school will be closed for two days while the building is decontaminated, don't know what new procedures will be used when the school reopens. 

Hope they learned their lesson and they change some things, if not they will end up closing again.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, and then said:

Please show us an accurate report that shows the CFR going down, just provide a link to a study that shows that. If you don't have one where is your information coming from at least tell us that.

The reason so many people are ignoring the warnings is because of the confusion that non-medical personal are sowing, I don't need to say who can be blamed for a large part of it, but I will anyway and that is our President, all the comments he has made over the last few months have caused a great deal of the confusion.

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

The danger aspect seems to be one of the draws.  Burning Man for barbarians.  

The only danger is from working cowboys and ranch hands who don't take their crap.

They use to get the snot beat out of them for going into those little rancher owned speakeasies and they rightly deserved it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just keep the Canada-US border closed please :tu:

Edited by thedutchiedutch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, acute said:

I'm not familiar with all the laws in the different States.  Can we shoot these idiots or not?

Sure... just remember they can shoot BACK :w00t:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LV-426 said:

In fact it doesn't care period. It simply wants to spread in the most efficient manner it can.

Nice speech.  I'm aware that it's a VY-RUS.  It WILL continue to spread whether we develop a vaccine or better therapeutics just as the virus that causes influenza does. Yes, the mortality rate is significantly higher than for influenza but living in a basement or cowering in the home is simply unacceptable to millions of Americans.  If those who are at higher risk wish to isolate themselves, I'd do everything to respect their wishes.  I already wear a mask in public and my hands have never been this clean in my entire life.  Being free comes with a lot of danger and duty.  I'd rather live on my feet than cower on my knees while politicians OPENLY use this scourge as an election ploy.  

I think the REAL emphasis for the handling of this virus should be on politicians who, for the sake of their great god of political correctness, force positive cases into nursing facilities so that it can spread among the most vulnerable in our country.  I wonder why we never hear about the governors who have done and are continuing to do this to our elderly?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

They use to get the snot beat out of them for going into those little rancher owned speakeasies and they rightly deserved it. 

Yup. too many out of towners.  I know it makes a lot of money for the businesses, but it must be hell for everybody else.  The leftover mess must be incredible too.  

I do hope the rez's are able to isolate themselves.  The government has shown with the Navajos  that they won't help until its too late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1