Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Syndrome where people see visions of horror

Eldorado

"They see – often on a near daily basis – intensely real, hyper-detailed visions. Sometimes these are benign: flowers sprouting, musical notes hanging in the air or rainbows forming.

"But for many – for reasons which nobody understands – the scenes come tinged with horror. Tarantulas crawl out of books, gargoyles appear amid friends, zombies turn up in homes.

"In an online post, one UK sufferer, describes seeing a person crumble to dust in front of them. Dr Patel likens his visitor to the girl in The Ring. “Used to love that film,” he says today. Now, he’s less enamoured."

Full article at the UK Independent: Link

Visual release hallucinations: Wikipedia

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

razman

Some bizzare stuff.

• Like 2

acute

I have trained myself to wake up during nightmares. Not sure how I did it, but it works. (I mainly have nightmares when it's too hot to sleep comfortably)

When I was prescribed some tablets years ago, one of the listed side-effects was hallucinations.  I could see things like creepy-crawlies occasionally, but I rationalized them away.  Maybe the same thing would work for daymares.

• Like 1

Desertrat56

Maybe they just need to turn the television off.   I used to have nightmares, then I quit watching, reading and listening to the news.  I also spent some time facing some of my fears.  I don't have nightmares any more.