Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Face masks reduce severity of symptoms

Still Waters

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/937855?src=mkm_covid_update_200922_mscpedit_&uac=389284HY&impID=2580994&faf=1

Most N95 Masks Imported From China Fail to Meet US Standards

That's the headline and this is not unexpected the KN-95, China made masks have been reported as deficient for over half a year.

They found that for 60% to 70% of the imported masks that had not been certified by the US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH), filtration performance was "significantly inferior" to NIOSH-certified N95s. These masks did not filter 95% of aerosol particulates, contrary to what their name suggests.

It amazes me the "medical experts" on this site who expect people to listen to them when the CDC corrects itself regularly.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html

I'm surprised this thread has been allowed for so long. There are clear rules about medical advice.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Michelle said:

It amazes me the "medical experts" on this site who expect people to listen to them when the CDC corrects itself regularly.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html

I'm surprised this thread has been allowed for so long. There are clear rules about medical advice.

Correcting yourself is what responsible agencies do.

Please point out medical advice anyone gave. I think you are making up hooey.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stereologist said:

Correcting yourself is what responsible agencies do.

Please point out medical advice anyone gave. I think you are making up hooey.

Oh please...this whole thread has been preventative medical advice and condemnation for people who don't accept it.

Don't attempt to get me into an extensive conversation about it. You are exhausting with how much time you can expound on any given topic being right or wrong.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Oh please...this whole thread has been preventative medical advice and condemnation for people who don't accept it.

Don't attempt to get me into an extensive conversation about it. You are exhausting with how much time you can expound on any given topic being right or wrong.

I see you can't show any medical advice in this thread. You fail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

See i was correct. You were just being a caustic nasty big mouth as always.

You really should try and avoid posting false statements.

• Like 2

CDC Now Says COVID-19 Isn't Airborne Threat. Scientists Say That’s Wrong.

Scientists are firing back at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention after the federal agency on Monday reversed its identification of the coronavirus as an airborne virus, a conclusion that many experts say scientific evidence has supported for months now.

The CDC’s brief recognition of the virus as being airborne on Friday was celebrated as long overdue by concurring scientists, who expressed relief that the agency was finally catching up. Three days later, however, the agency said that new language in its coronavirus guidance had been published in error.

“The CDC is broken. Seriously broken,” Matthew Fox, an epidemiology and global health professor at Boston University, tweeted in response.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/scientists-react-to-cdc-coronavirus-airborne-232023929.html

been saying cdc is a bunch of crooks since march,  it is obvious now cdc is all about politics. 

Edited by aztek
  • Haha 1

The CDC issue with airborne or not is dependent on the size of the particles which can transmit the disease. It has certainly been demonstrated to be in droplets, but aerosol particles took a while to determine

The statement was taken down from the CDC website and was noticed by journalists going to the site.

Saying that the CDC is a bunch of crooks since March is a political statement in itself. Is this to support the fool in the White House or to suggest that there has been meddling by that fool?

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/cdc-abruptly-removes-guidance-coronavirus-173000709.html

CDC abruptly removes new guidance on coronavirus airborne transmission

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday that it made a mistake when it posted new guidance online citing “growing evidence” that COVID-19 is airborne, sending health experts and the public scrambling to determine if schools and business should rethink mitigation steps to prevent the spread of the virus.

“There is growing evidence that droplets and airborne particles can remain suspended in the air and be breathed in by others, and travel distances beyond 6 feet (for example, during choir practice, in restaurants, or in fitness classes). In general, indoor environments without good ventilation increase this risk,” the CDC stated on Friday in a post that has since been taken down.

Part of the issue is that we simply do not know everything about this virus. It takes time because guesses need to checked with  testing. That testing is going on around the world each and every day.

"The American people rely on the CDC for clear guidance, including how the virus is transmitted. And this flip-flopping, which clearly is about political interference in the scientific process, I think makes it much harder for Americans to know what the right things are, what they need to do to keep themselves safe," he said.

That quote from the article was stated by Dr. Ashish Jha, dean of Brown University's School of Public Health.

• 1 month later...

I agree that face masks can reduce the severity of symptoms, but only if they are worn properly.   Many times I've seen someone wearing a mask just over their mouth with their nose uncovered.   That defeats the purpose of the masks and makes them useless, because the virus us still able to enter the nose and go right to the lungs of the person.   Also, if they already have Covid it is able to be spread through their uncovered nose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Dustyrose33 said:

I agree that face masks can reduce the severity of symptoms, but only if they are worn properly.   Many times I've seen someone wearing a mask just over their mouth with their nose uncovered.   That defeats the purpose of the masks and makes them useless, because the virus us still able to enter the nose and go right to the lungs of the person.   Also, if they already have Covid it is able to be spread through their uncovered nose.

We have been very careful with our precautions i guess some would call it "fear" but for example we considered subway and talk about gross,

the nasty lady making food had one of those throw away masks that she was trying to go beyond getting her monies worth out of covered in stains from lord knows what nice brown stain guessing nicotin at mouth, with her nose out,

We left, that would be unacceptable without covid, and i bet you a coke shes one of those self centered self righteous never-maskers forced to wear it so she can have a job.

So just because a joint is open doesnt mean im not scared to eat there, scared of how disgustingly gross it is.

• Like 3