Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
zep73

Could racism be genetic?

zep73

New Norwegian study shows possible correlation between genes and political attitudes.

According to a study published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS), beliefs that some groups are superior to others are deeply influenced by genetics.

The researchers looked into why some attitudes tend to appear simultaneously. This may for example apply to the perception of some groups being better than others, or to the perception that certain ethnic and cultural groups are more capable of making decisions in society.

Read more: https://www.sv.uio.no/psi/english/research/news-and-events/news/why-some-are-racists.html

and then

That's a relief.  Maybe the PC brigade can back off on the "conversion therapy".  

spartan max2

So racism equals immigration control and reduced foreign aide now? Lol

As expected, the researchers found a link between SDO and political attitudes. E.g., those who favoured a hierarchical structure in society often wished for stricter immigration control and reduced foreign aid.

• Thanks 2

spartan max2
18 minutes ago, and then said:

That's a relief.  Maybe the PC brigade can back off on the "conversion therapy".  

I don't understand what connection you are making? 

What does the article have to do with conversion therapy?

Desertrat56

Oh good lord!  If that were a viable study why do 4 out of 4 siblings have 4 different political attitudes????  Maybe in Norway their study is valid.  What kind of "racial" mixture do they have there for crying out loud???

• Like 1

OverSword

Yeah, my family is definitely on several different political pages so I say this is bull.  Or maybe someone looks like the milkman :lol: (sorry Mom, jk)

• Haha 4

and then
21 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I don't understand what connection you are making? 

What does the article have to do with conversion therapy?

Lame attempt at a joke.  I was comparing the attitudes of the Left about Homosexuality having a genetic component and decrying those who try to "convert" them with behavioral modification.  I mean, if racism is genetic then racists can't really help themselves, right?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

XenoFish

I'm not surprised that something like this showed up. Next thing we'll get is an article about building D.I.Y gas chambers for removing those who have the "wrong" beliefs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

tortugabob

The more pertinent question is do some people or races have an extra dose of violence wired into their genes?

• Like 3

Desertrat56
6 minutes ago, tortugabob said:

The more pertinent question is do some people or races have an extra dose of violence wired into their genes?

Good luck with that one, because "nurture vs nature" is an age old question that is still debated.

• Like 4

seanjo

It was an evolutionary necessity, fear of the stranger. when you have to protect your food source then any interloper is an enemy.

• Like 3

papageorge1

Maybe the racism genetics is people whose thinking skills focus more on finding patterns and drawing conclusions from them.  

aztek
7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I'm not surprised that something like this showed up. Next thing we'll get is an article about building D.I.Y gas chambers for removing those who have the "wrong" beliefs. 

i thought we invented bullets , and swords for that

aztek
7 hours ago, tortugabob said:

yes, just look some parts of the world vs other parts of the same world. 

spartan max2
7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The term you're looking for is eugenics.

• Like 2

seanjo
14 hours ago, tortugabob said:

No, culture and upbringing form the person, not race.