Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

John Cleese on life after death

UM-Bot

On 8/15/2020 at 8:10 PM, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

No one is any smarter than yourself. I ca tell them where to stick there research:whistle:

That's a ridiculous statement.

On 8/15/2020 at 9:55 PM, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

Y'all won't play me I'm a new breed :D

Of what?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

On 8/15/2020 at 9:53 PM, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

Why do you have to say clueless moron? So degrade your subject before you confront them...note!

The subject is mind brain dualism. 

And citing 400 year old failed ideas as new and exciting is pretty clueless wouldn't you say??

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DieChecker said:

Couple examples...

One person can think counciling is stupid, and worthless, and another think it is very worthwhile.

You might think changing your own oil is smart, but i think changing your own oil is stupid, when you can pay just $8.

Some people think cooking with salt is stupid, others cant cook without it.

Some people think religion is stupid, while others cant imagine being without it.

Some people think heavy makeup is super cool, and smart, and everyone else thinks it is stupid.

Everyone has an opinion, and everyone thinks their opinions are smart.

The Darwin awards are a pretty good example that show how regardless of the originators opinion of the ideas, a stupid idea is still just a stupid idea. 

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

The Darwin awards are a pretty good example that show how regardless of the originators opinion of the ideas, a stupid idea is still just a stupid idea. 

Still depends. Some Darwin Award winners do crazy stupid things to try to get famous. If it works, and they get rich and famous (very rare, i give you), then really, wasnt it actually smart? Or, was it still stupid and they just got lucky?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

Still depends. Some Darwin Award winners do crazy stupid things to try to get famous. If it works, and they get rich and famous (very rare, i give you), then really, wasnt it actually smart? Or, was it still stupid and they just got lucky?

Darwin award winner are those who remove themselves from the gene pool.

None of them are lucky..............

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 4:06 PM, ChrLzs said:

Why did you need to quote me twice?  Did you forget your earlier one?  Do you perhaps have a comprehension problem, related to you being a "new breed"? 

And I'm a bit puzzled by your continual content-free one liners....  You've been here long enough to realise that this is a discussion forum, haven't you?  Is that what counts as 'discussion', in your circle of family/acquaintances?

I'll  give you all that. And yes I'm not used to the discussion I apologize 

22 hours ago, XenoFish said:

The other guy was banned about a year or so ago. You're not the first "bad guy". 

Doesn't really matter as I don't care what anyone thinks.

21 hours ago, psyche101 said:

The soul of a person is their character. It does with the person.

There's no energy version of you seperate to what you are right now.

Ok first thing I've agreed with all day

How do you come to that conclusion?

Do you mean no trust perhaps?

Yeah I don't trust anyone very well

That's a ridiculous statement.

It is to a point but what else is to be trusted 

On 8/15/2020 at 5:13 AM, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

You don't understand anything. You just think you do so you can sleep at night 

Everyone's perception of reality is so different sorry I had to laugh

The subject is mind brain dualism. 

And citing 400 year old failed ideas as new and exciting is pretty clueless wouldn't you say??

Ok you got me there

On 8/12/2020 at 4:37 PM, XenoFish said:

And how do you know this is legit?

Because that is how literally thousands of near death experiencers and people who have had deathbed visions have alluded to it plus it parallels what I have read in books about the holographic universe theory and quantum physics.  It is like a great big puzzle with literally thousands of pieces and when I put them altogether it paints a picture that life has meaning and purpose and we are here for a reason.  

On 8/12/2020 at 6:25 PM, psyche101 said:

That's the cultural fantasy. It has nothing to do with actual existence. 

That's what reading thousands of near death experience descriptions has shown me. 

6 hours ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

So why are you telling us about it?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Artaxerxes said:

That's what reading thousands of near death experience descriptions has shown me. 

I really doubt we are on the same page here..........

Just guessing.....

9 hours ago, Artaxerxes said:

Because that is how literally thousands of near death experiencers and people who have had deathbed visions have alluded to it plus it parallels what I have read in books about the holographic universe theory and quantum physics.  It is like a great big puzzle with literally thousands of pieces and when I put them altogether it paints a picture that life has meaning and purpose and we are here for a reason.  

Sure. Okay. If that's what works for you.

On 8/17/2020 at 10:32 PM, Artaxerxes said:

I agree that life has meaning and purpose and we are here for a reason.

The meaning of life is whatever one gives it.  The purpose of life is to eat and keep from being eaten.  The reason for life is a particular scenario of spontaneous genetics brought about by the correct flavorings of temperature, atmospheric conditions and a host of other elementary coincidences.

The main purpose of life is to remain alive.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2020 at 7:51 PM, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

Are you someone?  Do you care what you think?  ...what is actually humbling about being a hypocrite? 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2020 at 2:49 AM, Rlyeh said:

So why are you telling us about it?

Good point I just like to hear ppl squirm I guess lol

Why did you need to quote me twice?  Did you forget your earlier one?  Do you perhaps have a comprehension problem, related to you being a "new breed"? 

And I'm a bit puzzled by your continual content-free one liners....  You've been here long enough to realise that this is a discussion forum, haven't you?  Is that what counts as 'discussion', in your circle of family/acquaintances?

I was just questioning your opinion and wanted to hear your answer and I got attacked lol.

15 hours ago, joc said:

Are you someone?  Do you care what you think?  ...what is actually humbling about being a hypocrite? 

What? I'm thinking you took a deep hit off the pipe before that came up!?

Your a hateful fella when poked with a stick