Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
UM-Bot

John Cleese on life after death

100 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Humbled Hypocrite83

There's a one liner for ya :st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Humbled Hypocrite83
On 8/16/2020 at 10:06 PM, psyche101 said:

The subject is mind brain dualism. 

And citing 400 year old failed ideas as new and exciting is pretty clueless wouldn't you say??

That sounds like a tall talk but I see smoke and mirrors 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
2 hours ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

That sounds like a tall talk but I see smoke and mirrors 

So what happened to post #63? 

 

And you are accusing others of being on the pipe????? 

Get a grip bro. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
8 hours ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

What? I'm thinking you took a deep hit off the pipe before that came up!?

Um...no...I don't do that.  You had said that you don't care what anyone thinks...but you are someone and so you must care about what you think.  Of course what you meant was you don't care what anyone else thinks about what you think. 

But that leads us to the question of ... If you don't care what anyone else thinks...then why should anyone care what you think?  If everyone only cares about their own personal thought process without regard for the plethora of thought processes going on around them, then what we end up with is a world full of people that don't care at all...about much...about anything except their own existence.  We all know people like that.  We all know people here like that.

So...imho...blanket statements like, I don't care what anyone thinks, are actually a defense mechanism intended to hide the fact that I actually care alot about what others think.  However;  most humans accept their own personal thoughts and beliefs as the gospel...and if you disagree with them...there is something wrong with you...

.I think it is better to open up our minds to the attitudes and thought processes of others and embrace what they think, and it shouldn't really be that difficult, if we honesty think our own thought process is correct. I think a lot of people doubt themselves to some extent and are looking for answers...from anyone who has them.

And then there are the debaters...everything is a debate...win the debate is the modus operandi.  

As long as it makes sense in my brain...it's okay...but it's gotta make sense in my brain...that's human nature right? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 8/16/2020 at 8:40 PM, DieChecker said:

You might think changing your own oil is smart, but i think changing your own oil is stupid, when you can pay just $8.

The absolute cheapest quart of oil I've found is 3 dollars at Dollar General.   10W30...I put it in my lawnmower.  

I have a 2000 Toyota Tacoma and ....admttedly...I use synthetic oil....and depending on where I go it costs 65 to 80 dollars for an oil change.  But I am just going to say matter of factly that nowhere on God's Grey Earth can one even change their own  oil for $8. :)

Not that I missed your point...I'm just destroying one of your examples...just for fun! 

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
On 8/13/2020 at 12:47 AM, psyche101 said:

People can believe in the afterlife, or mind body dualism all they like. And they can allow Cleelse's celebrity status to bolster their view in sycophantic frenzy, but it won't change the very fact that physics refutes the idea. And as I pointed out for some perspective, I'm sure the Trumpeters wouldn't approve of his views of them, or their leader. It's just another opinion, and is actually based on a terrible idea

I put that very thought process in a paragraph I call:   The First Axiom of Dan   I have shared it before but I do so now again because...well, you sparked it back into validity! 

The First Axiom of Dan

Belief is irrelevant with regards to the truth.  The truth just is.  The truth is not incumbent upon belief in order to be; it just is.  Belief finds relevance in how one lives one's individual life.  The truth just is.

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Humbled Hypocrite83
On 8/20/2020 at 6:27 AM, joc said:

Um...no...I don't do that.  You had said that you don't care what anyone thinks...but you are someone and so you must care about what you think.  Of course what you meant was you don't care what anyone else thinks about what you think. 

But that leads us to the question of ... If you don't care what anyone else thinks...then why should anyone care what you think?  If everyone only cares about their own personal thought process without regard for the plethora of thought processes going on around them, then what we end up with is a world full of people that don't care at all...about much...about anything except their own existence.  We all know people like that.  We all know people here like that.

So...imho...blanket statements like, I don't care what anyone thinks, are actually a defense mechanism intended to hide the fact that I actually care alot about what others think.  However;  most humans accept their own personal thoughts and beliefs as the gospel...and if you disagree with them...there is something wrong with you...

.I think it is better to open up our minds to the attitudes and thought processes of others and embrace what they think, and it shouldn't really be that difficult, if we honesty think our own thought process is correct. I think a lot of people doubt themselves to some extent and are looking for answers...from anyone who has them.

And then there are the debaters...everything is a debate...win the debate is the modus operandi.  

As long as it makes sense in my brain...it's okay...but it's gotta make sense in my brain...that's human nature right? 

Ok you obviously care what ppl think to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Humbled Hypocrite83
On 8/19/2020 at 6:36 AM, joc said:

Are you someone?  Do you care what you think?  ...what is actually humbling about being a hypocrite? 

Let's not go back to being in 6th grade I found it humorous 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Humbled Hypocrite83
On 8/20/2020 at 1:21 AM, psyche101 said:

So what happened to post #63? 

 

And you are accusing others of being on the pipe????? 

Get a grip bro. 

Reflection is something 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Humbled Hypocrite83

You need a hug and ppl liking your comments 

On 8/20/2020 at 1:21 AM, psyche101 said:

So what happened to post #63? 

 

And you are accusing others of being on the pipe????? 

Get a grip bro. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joc
1 hour ago, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

Let's not go back to being in 6th grade I found it humorous 

I have zero desire to discuss anything with you.  I already blocked you...no need to respond I won't see it.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Humbled Hypocrite83
21 minutes ago, joc said:

I have zero desire to discuss anything with you.  I already blocked you...no need to respond I won't see it.

Wow you sound like trump :hmm:

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Humbled Hypocrite83

Didn't mean to make it political. But let's be a big kid and ignore everything :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
On 8/22/2020 at 12:44 PM, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

Wow you sound like trump :hmm:

What, even Trump blocked you?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
On 8/22/2020 at 11:44 AM, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

You need a hug and ppl liking your comments 

 

Are you offering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Humbled Hypocrite83
On 9/4/2020 at 5:10 AM, psyche101 said:

Are you offering?

Can we come to an agreement :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
quiXilver
On 8/17/2020 at 5:55 PM, Humbled Hypocrite83 said:

Yeah I don't trust anyone very well

It is challenging to imagine others can be trustworthy, when one is aware that they are not trustworthy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
godnodog

Cool, I hope to see more nonsense from all Monty Phyton

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrLzs
On 8/18/2020 at 1:32 PM, Artaxerxes said:

literally thousands of near death experiencers and people who have had deathbed visions have alluded to it

Thing is, you can't really prove the existence of .. oh say angels, by simply rolling out a 1000 piece jigsaw showing a lovely picture of angels.

Indeed, let's talk about that.  I have a jigsaw showing Paris at night.  But if wished to prove Paris existed, I would use OTHER evidence - wouldn't you?  Perhaps a quick trip and a tap on the side of the Eiffel tower, or similar.  Anyway, I would think it through and offer up my best evidence for the existence of Paris.

So rather than quantity-but-no-quality and furious handwaving, why not simply select the absolute best evidence.  The one where what happened was properly documented, where the report couldn't simply be a hallucination or dream or ...  well, you get my drift.  Evidence that will stand up.  You say you have read thousands, so surely there must be one stand-out?  Now please remember this is not just about NDE's - you are linking them to Life After Death..

Anyway, pick your best and post that one here for discussion.  If you are unwilling to do that, then that's a pretty good admission that you KNOW that none of them are unexplainable, and therefore, all of them are simply a result of imagination, exaggeration, hallucination, cultural or religious belief, etc etc.

 

Finally, if you think my criteria is too harsh...  I'll even happily tell you how life after death could in fact be proven.  It's actually rather simple - see if you can guess.  Hint - it's been tried before, many times and has failed...

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
57 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Perhaps a quick trip and a tap on the side of the Eiffel tower, or similar.

Don't worry even you will tap (or knock) on the door one day and think what a silly billy you've been.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
1 hour ago, openozy said:

Don't worry even you will tap (or knock) on the door one day and think what a silly billy you've been.

A ghost will come visiting and explain it all? 

LOL, I really don't think it would be Chrlz having the epiphany :innocent:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
openozy
2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

A ghost will come visiting and explain it all? 

LOL, I really don't think it would be Chrlz having the epiphany :innocent:

I was talking of Heavens door,  psycho 101.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
psyche101
26 minutes ago, openozy said:

I was talking of Heavens door,  psycho 101.

Bob Dylan or GNR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
onlookerofmayhem
6 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Bob Dylan or GNR?

<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
openozy
4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Bob Dylan or GNR?

Not Axel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.