Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
OverSword

US Angers China with Taiwan Visit

48 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

third_eye
38 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I missed that, but your right it is all based upon Taiwan not declaring independence, thanks for setting me straight.

Take care 

I'm not lecturing anybody, just pointing out the facts. 

The US delegation obviously don't care very much as evidenced by addressing the Taiwan President as "President Xi"

Quote

[00.28:56]

@[00.02:25]

:lol:

~

Don't bother looking for the western media coverage on the "faux pas"

:D

~

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Manwon Lender
19 minutes ago, third_eye said:

I'm not lecturing anybody, just pointing out the facts. 

The US delegation obviously don't care very much as evidenced by addressing the Taiwan President as "President Xi"

@[00.02:25]

:lol:

~

Don't bother looking for the western media coverage on the "faux pas"

:D

~

 

First of all I didn't think you were lecturing me, and my comments were sincere. As far as calling Taiwans President XI that is really wrong, who did it?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

First of all I didn't think you were lecturing me, and my comments were sincere. As far as calling Taiwans President XI that is really wrong, who did it?

:tu:

The recent "high level" US envoy... 

Quote

Xi Or Tsai? Taiwan Opposition After US Envoy Mispronounces President's Name

Health chief Alex Azar met with President Tsai Ing-wen earlier Monday in the highest level visit to Taiwan since the United States switched diplomatic recognition to China.

World Agence France-Presse

Updated : August 10, 2020 2:20 pm IST
...

Found one obscure denial article for the West... 

~

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
20 minutes ago, third_eye said:

:tu:

The recent "high level" US envoy... 

Found one obscure denial article for the West... 

~

That is really stupid, I can't understand how a mistake like that could be made. I can understand why this was not reported by US Media, it kind of makes us look bad.

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
3 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

That is really stupid, I can't understand how a mistake like that could be made.

They don't care. 

~

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa

When you think about world war, remember Cuba and the missle crisis.

Cuba is an independent country but the US did not want Russian Nukes in Cuba.  Kennedy laid it down and was apparently ready to go to war to keep from having missiles in Cuba.  From 90 miles away missiles would  just about be hitting their targets before we could respond at all. We  couldn't let that happen.

I am guessing China feels the same way.  Plus, for  a couple of thousand years until 1949 , Taiwan was part of China.

Trade wars are not easy to win and nether are hot ones.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I can't understand how a mistake like that could be made.

Yes men instead of qualified public servants.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

Classic response from you :sleepy: lol.

Saying something irrelevant and Trump is bad.

"Taiwan, a nation of 23 million people should be free to keep their sovereignty and freedom from China, like they choose to do".

Third Eye: "But did you know Trump is bad <_<

Those re-education camps for a certain religious minority are just fun and sun and good times, I guess.  Maybe he'll be blessed to make it onto one of their lists in the future.  Fair is fair, after all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

When you think about world war, remember Cuba and the missle crisis.

Cuba is an independent country but the US did not want Russian Nukes in Cuba.  Kennedy laid it down and was apparently ready to go to war to keep from having missiles in Cuba.  From 90 miles away missiles would  just about be hitting their targets before we could respond at all. We  couldn't let that happen.

I am guessing China feels the same way.  Plus, for  a couple of thousand years until 1949 , Taiwan was part of China.

Trade wars are not easy to win and nether are hot ones.

I remember the Cuban Missle crisis very well. Some one asked earlier how this current situation could turn into a Nuclear War. Well the Cuban Missle crisis is a great example, Kennedy was ready to do the unthinkable but thank a God that Russia Binked, and turned there ships around, the World has never been closer to a Nuclear War than that. I was alive when that took place, don't remember much because I was very young. 

With US --- Chinese relations like they currently are and with all the accusations and innuendo being thrown in China's direction things are not looking good, and the current situation with Taiwan just further exasterates the situation. I think some people think this is a joke, well I don't see it that way, I hope tensions settle down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
16 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

When you think about world war, remember Cuba and the missle crisis.

Cuba is an independent country but the US did not want Russian Nukes in Cuba.  Kennedy laid it down and was apparently ready to go to war to keep from having missiles in Cuba.  From 90 miles away missiles would  just about be hitting their targets before we could respond at all. We  couldn't let that happen.

I am guessing China feels the same way.  Plus, for  a couple of thousand years until 1949 , Taiwan was part of China.

Trade wars are not easy to win and nether are hot ones.

The ability to strike first and without warning is already a reality.  A sub launching nuclear tipped cruise missiles could decapitate the CCP in minutes.  They are fully aware of this and know they are powerless to stop it without risking everything.  Xi needs a little touch up to his attitude.

Starts at 2:45

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Manwon Lender
2 hours ago, and then said:

The ability to strike first and without warning is already a reality.  A sub launching nuclear tipped cruise missiles could decapitate the CCP in minutes.  They are fully aware of this and know they are powerless to stop it without risking everything.  Xi needs a little touch up to his attitude.

Starts at 2:45

 

Dude you must be drinking tonight, because your out of touch with reality, but please continue and tell us how you really feel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
8 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

First of all China has not  invaded or even attempt to invade Taiwan. Please don't put words in my mouth I never said we should excuse any aggressor or invader in fact if that happens the US will defend Taiwan according to Taiwan Relations Act.

While the original treaty expired in 1980, it is still viewed as being in force.

You don't see how the claim that the treaty and the Taiwan Relations Act has kept Taiwan free, then what has kept them free?

Taiwan Relations Act

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiwan_Relations_Act

 

How do you think this treaty has kept Taiwan free?

And how do you think breaking this treaty will make them not free? Be specific.

Because I don't see how that treaty has done anything and will change anything if broken.

What has keep Taiwan free is our involvement, williness to defend Taiwan, and Taiwanese clear stance to the world.

Without the U.S involved I see no reason why China wouldn't just role in and take Taiwan like they did with Tibet.

For example here is all the weapons we have given them over the years.

It acts as a deterrent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_US_arms_sales_to_Taiwan

Every single president has given millions and billions in arms. 

 

 

 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
spartan max2

For some context leading up to this, China (Xi) has been more aggressive with Taiwan in the past two years. 

Flying fighter jets over the island, moving warships on the coast, hinting at force an military unification if necessary.

Cutting off high level diplomatic relations with the island and pressuring other nations to cut off relations after the Jan 2020 elections didn't go the way Xi wanted. Trying to cut trade to hurt the island.

With the crackdown in Hong Kong and Xinjiang, Taiwan fears that they are next.

 

The U.S involvement now is a direct response to these aggressions. 

If we in the West do not support Taiwan then we truly do not stand for anything. 

https://www-nytimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/01/world/asia/xi-jinping-taiwan-china.amp.html?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15971484108593&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2019%2F01%2F01%2Fworld%2Fasia%2Fxi-jinping-taiwan-china.html

 

Edit: Jan 2020 election

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Taiwanese_presidential_election

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
7 hours ago, and then said:

Those re-education camps for a certain religious minority are just fun and sun and good times, I guess.  Maybe he'll be blessed to make it onto one of their lists in the future.  Fair is fair, after all.

Sure, fair is fair, there sure will be a special place for you and your daughter from China too. Blessed that the both of y'all are. 

~

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

For example here is all the weapons we have given them over the years.

It acts as a deterrent.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_US_arms_sales_to_Taiwan

Every single president has given millions and billions in arms. 

What do you mean "given" ?

~

Scams and double dealing crooks... 

Quote
11 Jun 2019 · However, this weapons package fails to materially improve Taiwan's defenses and continues to saddle the United States ...
 
~
 
Jump to Anti-aircraft weapons · However, Taiwan's current tanks have obsolete 105-millimeter guns that may not be able to penetrate ...
 
~
31 Mar 2020 · Taiwan's defense procurement strategy makes a lot more ... Yet where such criticisms are lacking is in their failure to ...
 
~
17 Sep 2019 · If the United States wants to increase the defensive power of Taiwan's armed forces, then Washington must  ...

~

Bribery and corruption is what it is... 

Good job... 

~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
10 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Sure, fair is fair, there sure will be a special place for you and your daughter from China too. Blessed that the both of y'all are. 

~

What do you mean "given" ?

~

Scams and double dealing crooks... 

~

Bribery and corruption is what it is... 

Good job... 

~

 

Oh good you are back. Maybe now you will answer the question of what you think should happen with Taiwan.

Quote

Do you believe the 23 million Taiwanese people should forcefully become part of China, despite their clear autonomy and choice not to be?

Tell your view plainly. 

On China threads you are often too scared to admit your adhorrent views, but instead opt to try and subtly support your views 

Maybe on this one you will say it plainly. :innocent:

 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Oh good you are back. Maybe now you will answer the question of what you think should happen with Taiwan.

On China threads you are often too scared to admit your adhorent views, but instead opt to try and subtly support your views 

What should happen to Taiwan? 

None of your business for one, and furthermore, it's also none of mine. 

What's to be scared of? You? 

What's there to be afraid of when I have the facts and truth on my side. 

You're hardly qualified to make any judgements one way or the other, abhorrent or adherence, whatever... 

~

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Maybe on this one you will say it plainly. :innocent:

Maybe when you start using honesty and cease from disseminating lies, you will realize I was saying it loud and clear all this while, you're not even capable of "thinking" without your cold frozen propaganda addled brain. 

~

You should stop being a disgrace to your country. 

~

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
Just now, third_eye said:

What should happen to Taiwan? 

None of your business for one, and furthermore, it's also none of mine. 

Oh so we should let Taiwan decide then?

Well according to Taiwan they want to be internationally recognized as an independent nation.

So you must agree with them being an independent nation then right?

"There country, their choice" and all.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
Just now, spartan max2 said:

Oh so we should let Taiwan decide then?

Well according to Taiwan they want to be internationally recognized as an independent nation.

So you must agree with them being an independent nation then right?

"There country, their choice" and all.

 

Sure... 

Republic of CHINA

:rolleyes:

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
13 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Sure... 

Republic of CHINA

:rolleyes:

~

See, this is why I call you a coward. 

You are unable to plainly admit that you are against letting Taiwan decide their own fate of being an independent nation.

:whistle:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
Just now, spartan max2 said:

See, this is why I call you a coward. 

You can call me darling or grandfather and it won't change anything about how stupid you are. 

Thanks for trying though. Valiant effort, but sadly well short of clever. 

~

Just now, spartan max2 said:

You are unable to plainly admit that you are against letting Taiwan decide their own fate of being an independent nation.

:whistle:

Thanks for exhibiting your stupidity for all to see...

Much appreciated. 

:wub:

~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
spartan max2
11 minutes ago, third_eye said:

You can call me darling or grandfather and it won't change anything about how stupid you are. 

Thanks for trying though. Valiant effort, but sadly well short of clever. 

~

Thanks for exhibiting your stupidity for all to see...

Much appreciated. 

:wub:

~

Wow, you literally can't state your stance :innocent:.  Man, what a joke of a human. No courage, no honor. 

Thanks for showing how void of substance your post are. Just insults and unimaginative derailments. 

Though you already knew that about yourself :tu:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
third_eye
Just now, spartan max2 said:

Wow, you literally can't state your stance :innocent:.  Man, what a joke. 

Yup, I'm laughing, at you, that makes you the joke. 

~

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Thanks for showing how void of substance your post are. Just insults and unimaginative derailments. 

You wouldn't know substance unless it was in a syringe up your happy vein. 

It's only an insult if you qualify, as the case stands, it's just an apt description of your lack of comprehension. 

You derailed a long time ago, not only that, you tumbled and twist, you did. 

~

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Thought you already knew that about yourself :tu:

More than you have the capacity to absorb common sense, but that is well beyond the stance of what you will ever know. 

;)

~

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saru

Given that the discussion has degenerated into bickering and insults, there's little point keeping this thread going.

Closed.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.