Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google's interface for the future: SKINMARKS

and-then

https://beforeitsnews.com/global-unrest/2020/07/get-ready-for-google-skinmarks-a-smart-tattoo-that-will-turn-your-skin-into-a-digital-touchpad-to-control-your-devices-via-embedded-sensors-2529164.html

I thought this might be worth a thread.  It seems to be the next step in "wearable" tech.  The tattoo can be activated with finger or hand movements and is used to activate other devices like phone or music, etc.  It brought to mind a device in a sci-fi book series by BV Larson.  Called a "tapper" it was described as a fully functional web access device that was embedded in the forearm and was used for movies or a phone or personal mail or electronic messaging.  I also thought the choice of the name seemed a bit odd given today's thinking on a Biblical "mark".

• Like 3

Love how these incompetent idiots who write articles can quote the Bible but fail to actually read it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Remember when Bar Codes were the Mark of the Beast?

Pepperidge Farm Remembers.

Everyone one knows the beast is the WWW. 

World, 5 letters 1st word 5+1=6

Wide, 4 letters 2nd word 4+2=6

Web, 3   letters 3rd word 3+3=6

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 5

I'm still hoping for the nanobot revolution. Injecting nanobots into people to fix their medical problems. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Everyone one knows the beast is the WWW. 

World, 5 letters 1st word 1+1=6

Wide, 4 letters 2nd word 4+2=6

Web, 3   letters 3rd word 3+3=6

Please tell me you're joking, right? Sorry I can't tell over the internet :hmm:

15 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm still hoping for the nanobot revolution. Injecting nanobots into people to fix their medical problems. 

That and an AI takeover. An AI would probably do a better job at running the world than most of our current leaders...

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

That and an AI takeover. An AI would probably do a better job at running the world than most of our current leaders...

I am.  Or am I? Hmmm...:P

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

Yes, but if you read any science fiction you would know that the AI would eventually decide that society would run more smoothly if all the humans were dead.

• Like 1

For the people with limited reading comprehension: its about rub-on tattoos, not engraved tattoos.

And, the linked page is full of utter nonsense: "simple tip stops hair loss&regrow new hair", "a seduction technique women cant resists", "protect yourself against viruses now! Assist your immune system with IMMUIST (63-106$)", "David Icke: You're Being Manipulated & Don't Even Know It!! - Great Video" and, who wonders, a donation button ("Help to get the news free".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, toast said:

For the people with limited reading comprehension: its about rub-on tattoos, not engraved tattoos.

And, the linked page is full of utter nonsense: "simple tip stops hair loss&regrow new hair", "a seduction technique women cant resists", "protect yourself against viruses now! Assist your immune system with IMMUIST (63-106$)", "David Icke: You're Being Manipulated & Don't Even Know It!! - Great Video" and, who wonders, a donation button ("Help to get the news free".

Yeah. Before it's New isn't known to be a bastion of journalism. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I read the title as skidmarks.

B###s### can have that side effect. :rolleyes:

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

They decide if a thing is rubbish and in typical mode they refuse to ever back down.  As if denying or ignoring a thing will make it go away.  The merging of our biology with our tech has been ongoing for awhile and this is just the next step.  The youth and all those who mock any belief of things "greater than themselves" will be eager to get a cool new source of interacting with the god of technology.  

21 hours ago, and then said:

They decide if a thing is rubbish and in typical mode they refuse to ever back down.  As if denying or ignoring a thing will make it go away.  The merging of our biology with our tech has been ongoing for awhile and this is just the next step.  The youth and all those who mock any belief of things "greater than themselves" will be eager to get a cool new source of interacting with the god of technology.  

Did you read it?  You wear SkinMarks.

We've been modifying our body for thousands of years.  You're just another type of those who oppose tattoos or organ transplant for superstitious reasons.

9 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

You're just another type of those who oppose tattoos or organ transplant for superstitious reasons.

Surely, if you are so convinced that this label fits me then you should be able to cite my words at some point saying I agree.  FTR, I'm signed up to be an organ donor at death.  As to "superstitions"  a LOT of our current scientific abilities would have seemed like witchcraft to our great grandparents.  I don't care who decides to use this tech but I care a LOT that, just like cellphones, a day comes when everything is predicated on having one.  

Also, from the piece I cited:

Google has been researching the possibilities of using rub-on tattoos to transform your skin into a fully-functioning touchpad

Dubbed SkinMarks, the tattoos are packed with sensors and can be applied to curved areas of the body such as the knuckles. They aren’t as elaborate as you’d find at your local ink parlor, but some can feature light up displays, if that’s what you were after. 

1 hour ago, and then said:

Surely, if you are so convinced that this label fits me then you should be able to cite my words at some point saying I agree.  FTR, I'm signed up to be an organ donor at death.  As to "superstitions"  a LOT of our current scientific abilities would have seemed like witchcraft to our great grandparents.  I don't care who decides to use this tech but I care a LOT that, just like cellphones, a day comes when everything is predicated on having one.  

Also, from the piece I cited:

Google has been researching the possibilities of using rub-on tattoos to transform your skin into a fully-functioning touchpad

Dubbed SkinMarks, the tattoos are packed with sensors and can be applied to curved areas of the body such as the knuckles. They aren’t as elaborate as you’d find at your local ink parlor, but some can feature light up displays, if that’s what you were after. 

I said you're another type of those who oppose tattoos and transplants.  This is just the current iteration of irrational fear when it comes to body modification.  You're all cut from the same cloth.

Edited by Rlyeh