Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia claims first coronavirus vaccine

Still Waters

Russian President Vladimir Putin says that a coronavirus vaccine developed in the country has been registered for use and one of his daughters has already been inoculated.

Speaking at a government meeting on Tuesday, Putin said that the vaccine has proven efficient during tests, offering a lasting immunity from the coronavirus.

The vaccine, developed at the Gamaleya Research Institute, has been registered before undergoing Phase 3 trials - when thousands are involved in tests that normally last for months.

But Putin emphasised that the vaccine underwent the necessary tests.

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-08-11/russia-claims-worlds-first-coronavirus-vaccine-and-putin-says-his-daughter-has-been-inoculated

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

First vaccines are always dodgy.  They're basically beta release prototypes.  Better to wait for the final version of the vaccine with all the negative effects removed.

11 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

First vaccines are always dodgy.  They're basically beta release prototypes.  Better to wait for the final version of the vaccine with all the negative effects removed.

you assume you will be told of its negative side effects, and if someone's claims a side effect, there will be a study  that does not find any links.  we already seen them sell and inject  knowingly tainted vaccines, cuz destroying them would be millions dollar loss.

Putin is probably going to Putin the vaccsine and try it on his opponents first. Vaccsine is probably made in chernobyl so they will most likely end up getting a few new arms and heads. 

• Haha 2

Just now, 'Walt' E. Kurtz said:

Putin is probably going to Putin the vaccsine and try it on his opponents first. Vaccsine is probably made in chernobyl so they will most likely end up getting a few new arms and heads. 

he already tried it on his own daughter, 

32 minutes ago, aztek said:

he already tried it on his own daughter, 

His least favourite daughter, I imagine.

• Haha 7

It's possible that all is just propaganda and there's literally no vaccine at all. But it's also possible that Russians really did make one and that it's working. Too early to tell. I certainly hope it's true. (I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, because joking aside, Russia still has admirable doctors and scientists.)

• Like 5

It sounds to me like they've rushed something through and while it might work, it hasn't been properly tested for side-effects.

• Like 2

I'm not testing it :D lol

• Like 2

It is possible to speed up the testing process by deliberately trying to infect someone that has received the vaccine. That is considered unethical, but would reduce the testing time by a substantial amount.

The ethical process is to vaccinate a large group of people and turn them loose. Then tests are run to see if anyone becomes infected. A vaccine tested under the ethical method requires an epidemic. The zika vaccine testing did not occur because the disease went away.

Not saying that is what was done but pointing out how to shorten the testing time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm not testing it :D lol

Don't worry, certain country in my neighbourhood is absolutely determined to take Russian vaccine as soon as it's available, so I'll let you know how it turned out. With zombies or anything :D Kidding. The worst thing that can happen is that it's not working good enough.   

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, stereologist said:

It is possible to speed up the testing process by deliberately trying to infect someone that has received the vaccine. That is considered unethical, but would reduce the testing time by a substantial amount.

The ethical process is to vaccinate a large group of people and turn them loose. Then tests are run to see if anyone becomes infected. A vaccine tested under the ethical method requires an epidemic. The zika vaccine testing did not occur because the disease went away.

Not saying that is what was done but pointing out how to shorten the testing time.

There's always some crazy ass who would volunteer for something like that. I'm almost certain I would handle covid fairly well. Hell, it's the vaccine I'd be more worried about, but if it could be proven to me that any sides I'd receive would be properly mitigated, I'd do it. 

Edit* I'm the crazy ass of whom I speak. 

Edited by HandsomeGorilla
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Don't worry, certain country in my neighbourhood is absolutely determined to take Russian vaccine as soon as it's available, so I'll let you know how it turned out. With zombies or anything :D Kidding. The worst thing that can happen is that it's not working good enough.   

The worst thing that could happen is unintended side effects (probably not zombie apocalypse but we can't dream :lol: lol).

• Haha 1

The first round of volunteers to be injected are as you say crazy asses. They may not be exposed to a potentially lethal virus but they do get to be first in line to see if the vaccine is safe.

10 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The worst thing that could happen is unintended side effects (probably not zombie apocalypse but we can't dream :lol: lol).

Yes, well, Russian vaccine seems to be based on Adenovirus (theoretically harmless type of bug) with added protein spike typical for SARS-2. 

So it does cause immune response, so, yes, there are expected side-effects and yes, they can be unexpected in some people, since it contains virus, but it's supposed to "teach" the body to recognize and fight SARS-2. 

It didn't really work with AIDS or Ebola, so I'm not too enthusiastic about it, but on the brighter side, I probably don't understand it properly.

The good news is that someone else's (Russian) population will test it before yours or my epidemiologists even consider it, the bad news is... the same.    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, well, Russian vaccine seems to be based on Adenovirus (theoretically harmless type of bug) with added protein spike typical for SARS-2. 

So it does cause immune response, so, yes, there are expected side-effects and yes, they can be unexpected in some people, since it contains virus, but it's supposed to "teach" the body to recognize and fight SARS-2. 

It didn't really work with AIDS or Ebola, so I'm not too enthusiastic about it, but on the brighter side, I probably don't understand it properly.

The good news is that someone else's (Russian) population will test it before yours or my epidemiologists even consider it, the bad news is... the same.    

I hope they are telling the truth this time, I want to give them praise for being the worlds largest guinea pigs and it would give me hope if they have minimal side effects. But it all sounds to good to be true.:hmm:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, razman said:

Quick , everyone line up to get one.

Nope. All of a sudden Covid seems to me less dangeorous than the russian vaccine.

Will wait for Canada, Germany and UK.

Edited by odas
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, odas said:

Nope. All of a sudden Covid seems to me less dangeorous than the russian vaccine.

Nah, it just gives you fever for few days and possibly leaves immunity to... Adenovirus. But not necessarily SARS-2. And if your body has already met similar Adenoviruses, you won't even have an immune reaction to the vaccine in the sense of creating new anti-bodies, since you already can make them based on earlier infections and thus no new immunity will be created.

I sincerely hope that I'm totally wrong.  

17 minutes ago, odas said:

Will wait for Canada, Germany and UK.

Definitely. 

7 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Or it could kill your children, I guess... 

https://www.uspoliticsandnews.com/why-didnt-bill-gates-vaccinate-his-own-children/

13 hours ago, Still Waters said:

The vaccine [...] has been registered before undergoing Phase 3 trials - when thousands are involved in tests that normally last for months.

If they've skipped Phase 3, what corners did they cut in phases 1 and 2?

@acute

Don't worry, they (the culprits) had the vaccine a long time ago. If it's a plandemic, they have a vaccine ... and yes, it's a plandemic. :yes:

Edited by Candor

1 minute ago, Candor said:

@acute

Don't worry, they (the culprits) had the vaccine a long time ago. If it's a plandemic, they have a vaccine...                                     ... and it's a plandemic. :yes:

Nice tabulation!  :tsu: