Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A question for christians

Chronus

Ive never been into any religion,i also don't put all my faith in science ,

If you believe in god fine,if not ,also fine.

I'm undecided so im not gonna try to debunk god,just to be on the safe side.

I can see both sides,

As for praying for answers or a sign or for things to get better,i think an optomist will see a sign in something that may not be there,but they will believe it's a sign and their faith will strengthen.

A pessimist will not see a sign,and they will probably have worse luck,and so will stop believing or deny god exists.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/18/2020 at 10:27 AM, Piney said:

You act right because it's the right thing to do.

"Punishment and reward" is a philosophy for horses and house pets. Not humans. 

lol Actually it is extremely effective with humans  also,  it would be nice if it was not required, but it usually is .If we didn't need it we wouldn't need laws, and fines or punishments for breaking laws 

16 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

lol Actually it is extremely effective with humans  also,  it would be nice if it was not required, but it usually is .If we didn't need it we wouldn't need laws, and fines or punishments for breaking laws 

Weird, we "primitives" teach by action.

I let the kids know the let me down. I make them fix what they break or pay for it.  I show no anger, just disappointment. 

• Like 3

On 8/24/2020 at 3:23 PM, diddyman68 said:

A pessimist will not see a sign,and they will probably have worse luck,and so will stop believing or deny god exists.

Or they might become pessimistic towards god/religion as a result of not seeing signs nor having prayers answered.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Piney said:

Weird, we "primitives" teach by action.

I let the kids know the let me down. I make them fix what they break or pay for it.  I show no anger, just disappointment. 

Good parenting.

It is especially good, IMO, that you can parent without anger. 

However you have rules for the kids, and consequences for breaking the rules.

You might not see these as punishments, but established positive and negative consequences are rewards  and punishments for correct/incorrect  behaviour