Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel and UAE strike historic deal

Still Waters

Israel and the United Arab Emirates have agreed to normalise relations, US President Donald Trump has announced.

A joint statement by Mr Trump, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed Al Nahyan said they hoped the "historic breakthrough will advance peace in the Middle East".

As a result, they added, Israel would suspend its plans to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank.

Until now Israel has had no diplomatic relations with Gulf Arab countries.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53770859

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/08/13/trump-israel-united-arab-emirates-agree-establish-diplomatic-ties/3364243001/

• Like 4

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

A hopeful move.

For what? So that Israel can pull the anexion card anytime they want? So that UAE can get more money to build skyscrapers? To buy their 100ts mercedes while other muslims get bombed, killed, raped...while people still starve of hunger in the world? ( No, it is not just the Christian duty to feed starving people in the world).

So that Israel can continue to promote terroristc Zionism? So that the Arabs can continue to promote terroristic Wahabism?

The only real peace can be achived by direct talks between Palestinians and Israelis. Everything else is imposing someone elses wishes and rules.

As a muslim myself, I refuse to bow down to the false Islam that the arabs are imposing on the rest of us. I refuse to bow down to the false Judaism that the Zionists are imposing on the rest of us.

I do pray for a lasting peace between Israel and Palestine, both as recognised souveraign States.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, odas said:

The only real peace can be achived by direct talks between Palestinians and Israelis. Everything else is imposing someone elses wishes and rules.

Yeah; except that the two Palestinian governments don't WANT peace. So they're going to get it imposed on them from outside, like it or not. Everyone is sick and tired of "the Palestinians". 

When other  Arab states see the economic advantages of working WITH Israel, then I predict that many others will normalise relations ! 

Edited by RoofGardener
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well peace with Israel worked out so well for Anwar Sadat.

I expect the U.A.E. is in for a rough go of it.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, seanjo said:

And who assassinated Sadat?

I suppose there is reason for your question but it was the Egyptian Islamic Jihad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, seanjo said:

A hopeful move.

Yes.  It will also put pressure on the Palestinian leadership to come to the table.  

3 hours ago, RoofGardener said:

When other  Arab states see the economic advantages of working WITH Israel, then I predict that many others will normalise relations ! 

I think this is more about security from the Iranian regime than a desire for real peace or economic advantage.  Nevertheless, the UAE leaders better watch their six going forward.

It's impressive to see the world's leading diplomat and negotiator, Jared Kushner, bringing peace to the region without the involvement of the Palestinians.

:huh:

• Thanks 1

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/13/jared-kushner-very-good-chance-more-isreal-peace-deals-election-uae-united-arab-emirates/

The dear Palis have had many years to talk about peace yet they never change anything about their behavior.  It's literally all or nothing.  Guess it'll be nothing, eh?

Donald Trump to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for furthering peace in the middle east.....

somehow i doubt it.

Obama however, got one for being born a certain color

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Donald Trump to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for furthering peace in the middle east.....

somehow i doubt it.

Yep.  He was in office less than 1 year and his actions were all about going on a world tour to grovel and apologize for this nation.  To add insult to injury, he was responsible for the drone strike that killed 2 Americans, one of them a 16-year-old Colorado High School student, without any due process.  If Trump wins, even if the Left take it up a notch to violence as they deny him legitimacy, I hope he drops a great big dose of reality on those who have had the knives out for 4 years.

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

I'm amused how voices in the MSN - and Jo Biden in particular - are claiming that Obama/Biden actually laid the groundwork for this deal. 

Biden cites the Obama/Biden efforts in promoting the "Arab Peace Initiative" ? 

Remember that ? The Saudi-led initiative that stated that Isreal must abandon Judea and Samaria, the Golan Heights,  and East Jerusalem ? This was back in 2012. 

Of course, the Initiative was a great success; Israel immediately complied, and surrendered the territories. 

Oh wait... no, they didn't. They increased their grip on them, annexing Golan and East Jerusalem, and recently threatening to do the same to Judea and Samaria.The plan was a TOTAL failure, as it was intended to be: it was a pro-forma denunciation of Israel backed by demands that they knew would never be met, but that kept the Palestine Liberation Organisation happy. 

Bidens hypocrasy is breathtaking. 

Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for brokering this deal, but - of course - he won't get it. 

Meanwhile, the REAL architects of the plan where the UAE, Israel, and Iran. All credit to them. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

Trump deserves the Nobel Peace Prize for brokering this deal, but - of course - he won't get it. 

It doesn't really matter, since they gave one to the divider in chief simply because he was black and not a Republican, I think the process is not worth giving any respect or honor.

On 8/13/2020 at 6:18 PM, acute said:

It's impressive to see the world's leading diplomat and negotiator, Jared Kushner, bringing peace to the region without the involvement of the Palestinians.

:huh:

I hear the deal is being referred to as the "Abraham Accord"  As for the Palestinians, they've never even tried to engage.  They boycotted any negotiations and they are being left in the dust of progress that began due to Iran's threat to the region.  It's ironic -and amusing - that Obama's actions have led to Israel having better relations with several Arab countries.  

Anyone care to guess which domino might fall next ? 

Although in Africa, rather than the Middle-East, my money is on Morroco ? 

On 8/13/2020 at 12:56 PM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Jordan and Egypt have both made treaties with Israel and their leaders so far, haven't been assassinated.  I think we might be seeing the beginning of a change where Arab leaders realize they have much less to fear from Israel than from Iran and are moving to bolster joint defenses against the mullahs in Tehran.  The Palestinians were offered every chance to come to the table and they clearly demonstrated their unwillingness to negotiate.  Leave them on the sidelines while the rest of the region prospers.  

On 8/13/2020 at 9:37 PM, and then said:

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/13/jared-kushner-very-good-chance-more-isreal-peace-deals-election-uae-united-arab-emirates/

The dear Palis have had many years to talk about peace yet they never change anything about their behavior.  It's literally all or nothing.  Guess it'll be nothing, eh?

I've always heard people talk about the peace deal that would last for 3 1/2 yrs their focus was always on Israel and Palestine. what is your take on this , do you think it's the prophetic one ?

7 hours ago, ellapenella said:

I've always heard people talk about the peace deal that would last for 3 1/2 yrs their focus was always on Israel and Palestine. what is your take on this , do you think it's the prophetic one ?

There's no way to know for sure but the other characteristic of that specific peace covenant is that it will be between Israel and "many" and it will be for 7 years and will be broken at the mid-point of 3 1/2 years.  When the treaty is broken is when the clock starts for the GREAT TRIBULATION.  The "time of Jacob's trouble".  That period of 3 1/2 years is a time I pray I'm not here for...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

There's no way to know for sure but the other characteristic of that specific peace covenant is that it will be between Israel and "many" and it will be for 7 years and will be broken at the mid-point of 3 1/2 years.  When the treaty is broken is when the clock starts for the GREAT TRIBULATION.  The "time of Jacob's trouble".  That period of 3 1/2 years is a time I pray I'm not here for...

Those who belong to Jesus will not be under  God's wrath.  

On 8/13/2020 at 1:56 PM, Buzz_Light_Year said:

That's terrible what happened , the extremists are most likely not happy about the this.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 1:53 PM, RoofGardener said:

Long term they have no choice, the Oil wells will run dry one day.

Guess Hamas will have to suck it up and go the way of the Dinosaurs.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 12:40 PM, odas said:

For what? So that Israel can pull the anexion card anytime they want? So that UAE can get more money to build skyscrapers? To buy their 100ts mercedes while other muslims get bombed, killed, raped...while people still starve of hunger in the world? ( No, it is not just the Christian duty to feed starving people in the world).

As to the bolded - I agree with you and I think all religious faiths should make an effort to feed and comfort those who have nothing.

I think you may find that your opinion on behalf of the Palestinians who are enraged at this attempt at peace between Israel and the UAE, is not so widely shared:

http://mubasher.aljazeera.net/news/بعد-تطبيع-الإمارات-وسيم-يوسف-ينتقد-الفلسطينيين-اليهود-أشرف-منكم

I got this through another source that isn't well received here so I dug deeper to see if a more "reputable" source was available.  Obviously, this is just coming from SOME Arab nations like S.A. and the UAE but I was still surprised that common people in those countries would be willing to openly find fault with the Palestinians.  It seems a lot of these citizens are sick of giving and supporting Palestinians who will turn on them overnight and burn their flags and insult them.  

• Like 1

On 8/14/2020 at 3:17 AM, Hugh Mungus said:

somehow i doubt it.

Lets be honest :-

58981658_OIP(6).jpg.904d665189c32ed67e1b3d75ab78a034.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/19/2020 at 7:21 PM, and then said:

As to the bolded - I agree with you and I think all religious faiths should make an effort to feed and comfort those who have nothing.

I think you may find that your opinion on behalf of the Palestinians who are enraged at this attempt at peace between Israel and the UAE, is not so widely shared:

http://mubasher.aljazeera.net/news/بعد-تطبيع-الإمارات-وسيم-يوسف-ينتقد-الفلسطينيين-اليهود-أشرف-منكم

I got this through another source that isn't well received here so I dug deeper to see if a more "reputable" source was available.  Obviously, this is just coming from SOME Arab nations like S.A. and the UAE but I was still surprised that common people in those countries would be willing to openly find fault with the Palestinians.  It seems a lot of these citizens are sick of giving and supporting Palestinians who will turn on them overnight and burn their flags and insult them.  

AT, the Palestinians NEVER had the real support of the Arabs. Reason: Palestinians generaly do not devide themself between moslems and christians. They are one.

Palestinians were only used by all sides for their interests only.

It happened before '48 it happens now and it will happen in the future if Palestinians can't have a say on their own destiny.

• Thanks 1

On 8/21/2020 at 11:45 AM, odas said:

Palestinians were only used by all sides for their interests only.

I don't pretend to know how the common man in these Arab nations feels about the Palestinians but it's a fact that there has been no real attempt to find peace by any of these governments and they often use the "plight of Palestinians" as their excuse.  I don't believe that any devout Muslim supports Israel or Jews nor that they will because of the actions of their governments.  UAE is changing course for ONE reason.  They see Iran as a greater threat than the despised Jew.