Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon to launch UFO Task Force

Raptor Witness

Pentagon to launch task force to investigate UFO sightings - CNN August 13, 2020

Washington (CNN)The Pentagon is forming a new task force to investigate UFOs that have been observed by US military aircraft, according to two defense officials.

Deputy Secretary of Defense David Norquist will help oversee the task force, which is expected to be officially unveiled in the next few days, according to the officials. Previous efforts to look into what the Pentagon dubs unidentified aerial phenomena were led by the US Navy as many of the documented encounters involved their aircraft.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 4

At this point in 2020 would it even surprise anyone if they suddenly made full disclosure?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Pentagon started an investigation 7 years after the first "event"?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, toast said:

The Pentagon started an investigation 7 years after the first "event"?

It's a slow year. 

• Haha 3

@acute

You better hide now The men in black is looking for you. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if we got more disclosure this year, seeing how it's all going. I'm curious if this will end up leading to a similar conclusion that previous investigations have - UFOs as some kind of plasma based phenomenon...

UFOs could be a projected delusion, but the motive for such a delusion, remains.

Edited by Raptor Witness

11 hours ago, Dejarma said:

you can argue all you want matey- good luck with that:

believing in UFOs?? what does that mean exactly?

I don't think that "believe in UFOs" is an expression that makes any sense. UFO simply means Unidentified Flying Object, and many of those have been seen throughout human history, i.e. phenomena/objects in the sky that have not been possible to identify despite of thorough investigations. Therefore, UFOs are not something you can choose to believe in or not, it is a fact that they exist. The mistake that many people do is to mix up UFOs with aliens/extraterrestrial beings, which is definitely something you can choose to believe in or not believe in, there is no evidence for aliens visiting earth.

Edited by fred_mc
  • Like 1

Not everyone has the same life experiences, especially when it comes to paranormal activity.

I was a science major, and I’m actually pretty strict when it comes to believing in anything beyond the realm of normal experience.

The problem is, the level of sophistication underlying this amazing planet, is barely comprehensible to us, so we should expect the paranormal.

As long as the Pentagon gets through it’s tiny brain, that they need to stop selling weapons to other nations, and claiming any part of outer space as our territory, I will be 100% behind our current plight.

True friends of humanity are not silent about dangerous behavior. To imagine that there are not laws regarding our behavior, is truly insane.

• The title was changed to Pentagon to launch UFO Task Force
  • The topic was locked