Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery animal caught on camera

jethrofloyd

Mystery animal caught on camera prowling through Webster yards

https://whdh.com/news/mystery-animal-caught-on-camera-prowling-through-webster-yards/

WEBSTER, MASS. (WHDH) - A mystery animal was caught on camera prowling through someone’s back yard in Webster, leaving officials scratching their heads and neighbors on edge.

Jackie Killoy first saw the animal with her own eyes earlier in the week then decided to hook up her home security cameras in the back yard. She managed to catch it on video several times in just the last two days.

• Like 5

It's a wild kittenicus Felisfelinemysteri meowCarnivoraispet... Juvenile, catus

Possibly gay 

~

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

How about setting up some giant 'have a heart' traps for it? Catch it and identify it without killing it. (Peanut the dog looked like he was on something good that morning.)

Screenshot_20200815-115409.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Th worst suggestion was bobcat. I don't think the person that made that suggestion knows about the bobcat's short tail.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Th worst suggestion was bobcat. I don't think the person that made that suggestion knows about the bobcat's short tail.

yep like i said: people are fekin stupid

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Judging by the length of the grass, it does looks taller than a normal housecat. 

• Like 1

Back in the 80s this post would have been titled

' I saw a 3 foot high and 5 foot long big cat ' 

''It looks like a fox, but the coloring is off. Is it possible we have a black fox running around? Maybe.'' - Ofc. Michelle Lafleche - Webster Animal Control

It has got an overly long tail and different ear carriage to most cats but I've shot feral cats twice the weight and taller,some have heavy set square jaws like a puma.The height the women gave was grossly exaggerated.

• Thanks 1

Thanks. That was the first feline I had to think of when I watched the video. I actually also thought of a dark-skinned fossa, but that is a Madagascar preditor  that is not known to walk around in the Americas. It also has much shorter legs than the feline in the video.

• Like 1

Yes, there is a Central/South American wildcat in Massachusetts. Makes perfect sense. It's not like there are thousands of domestic/feral cats in the state or anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/16/2020 at 2:26 AM, openozy said:

It has got an overly long tail and different ear carriage to most cats but I've shot feral cats twice the weight and taller,some have heavy set square jaws like a puma.The height the women gave was grossly exaggerated.

I had a barn cat as big as a ocelot. That was the first thing I thought about was the exaggerated height and that it looked just like Kitten-Kitten, Queen of Corn Rat Murderers. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Piney said:

Kitten-Kitten, Queen of Corn Rat Murderers. 

?That doesn't sound like a kids story book lol.

• Haha 1