Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Little girl visiting graves caught on cam

Eldorado

"The devastated mum of a two-year-old girl who died in 2018 believes her spirit has been captured in video footage from the graveyard where she's buried.

"Saundra Gonzales noticed items were vanishing from toddler Faviola Rodriguez's grave, and was stunned when she saw CCTV.

"She is convinced that a little girl seen walking around the cemetery in Las Cruce, New Mexico, in the US, is Faviola. She was shown the clip by another family who also found items were disappearing from the grave of their son.

"As soon as she saw it, Saundra was in no doubt that her daughter's spirit was at large, WOAI reports."

Full story at the UK Mirror: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/mum-believes-spirit-dead-daughter-22529587

San Antonio local news: https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/mother-believes-spirit-of-her-late-daughter-was-seen-at-cemetery

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 9

Saw this on another forum. It's making the rounds. 

Just another case for consideration. A mother should recognize her daughter better than us strangers. 

Papameter 2.0 Reading

66% Paranormal    34% Another little girl in the night

Confidence Level:  Low

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently the technology doesn't exist to show us the actual video which is claimed, so instead we get a couple of single frames shot using a potato lens camera, at an angle to guarantee horrible moire effects, off a low contrast low-res screen.

It's so refreshing to have far worse than usual quality...

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, XenoFish said:

Next month is October.

Are you skipping September because of Covid?

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Eldorado said:

"The devastated mum of a two-year-old girl who died in 2018 believes her spirit has been captured in video footage from the graveyard where she's buried.

"Saundra Gonzales noticed items were vanishing from toddler Faviola Rodriguez's grave, and was stunned when she saw CCTV.

"She is convinced that a little girl seen walking around the cemetery in Las Cruce, New Mexico, in the US, is Faviola. She was shown the clip by another family who also found items were disappearing from the grave of their son.

"As soon as she saw it, Saundra was in no doubt that her daughter's spirit was at large, WOAI reports."

Full story at the UK Mirror: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/mum-believes-spirit-dead-daughter-22529587

San Antonio local news: https://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/mother-believes-spirit-of-her-late-daughter-was-seen-at-cemetery

My niece is buried in a grave yard in Las Cruces along with several other relatives.  People steal things.  My niece's relatives on her dad's used to leave things at her grave, crazy things like letters and fancy vases and mirrors etc.  but the "nice" stuff would be stolen.  (the weird cheap stuff, my sister would throw away)  It is not ghosts taking things.  That picture doesn't eve look like the same child as the one that was buried.  (P.S.  UK people that think the Mirror is a good source, there are no CCTV cameras at grave yards in Las Cruces).

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, acute said:

Are you skipping September because of Covid?

Why not. This year has been crap. I see no issue in time traveling. To be honest I forget that September even exist. I guess the years of seeing Christmas and Halloween decoration on display in August make me forget. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

So sad, this dead child has the ability to be a ghost and yet she’s visiting an empty graveyard at night. Too bad she can’t visit the people who love her. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Eldorado said:

It's probably a little kid and a man taking items from the grave, since items do go missing. More reasonable than a ghost.

• Like 6

tortometer-  Sorry but this is 100 percent pure bovine excrement.  Just another little girl out taking a walk in the cemetery at night.

Edited by tortugabob
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, tortugabob said:

tortometer-  Sorry but this is 100 percent pure bovine excrement.  Just another little girl out taking a walk in the cemetery at night.

Yeah, that happens all the time.  :lol:  But I do agree, it is not a ghost.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tortugabob said:

I wonder how that meter determined it couldn't possibly be the little girl's ghost that the mother recognized as her?

...and speaking of bovine excrement ......

Edited by papageorge1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I wonder how that meter determined it couldn't possibly be the little girl's ghost that the mother recognized as her?

...and speaking of bovine excrement ......

Did you read my post?  I explained why it is not the little girl's ghost that is in that photo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Did you read my post?  I explained why it is not the little girl's ghost that is in that photo. 

Read it. Doesn't tell me anything 100% about this little girl. It was the 100% I was attacking.

4 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Read it. Doesn't tell me anything 100% about this little girl. It was the 100% I was attacking.

Ah, I see.  I can't disagree with the that because none of us were there and we don't really  know where the photo came from.  Also, suspect is the Mirror article claiming video footage from CCTV, which does not exist in Las Cruces in graveyards.  The other problem is that the other article is not local, but from a city several hundred miles away from Las Cruces.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Ah, I see.  I can't disagree with the that because none of us were there and we don't really  know where the photo came from.  Also, suspect is the Mirror article claiming video footage from CCTV, which does not exist in Las Cruces in graveyards.  The other problem is that the other article is not local, but from a city several hundred miles away from Las Cruces.

The article said the CCTV was installed by another family to watch their son's grave. The little girl is at the son's grave in the picture. The mother of the little girl believes her daughter was there to welcome that family's son.

Anyway I give fair respect that a mother would recognize her daughter when the image was that solid. So 100% either way is logically wrong to me with what we know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/17/2020 at 6:37 PM, SecretSanta said:

So sad, this dead child has the ability to be a ghost and yet she’s visiting an empty graveyard at night. Too bad she can’t visit the people who love her. 

The sentimental belief by the mother is that she was visiting another family's son's grave to welcome him. And another taller figure is allegedly shown in one of the photos. 

On 8/19/2020 at 9:08 AM, Desertrat56 said:

Why do you keep saying the family's cctv does not exist? Did you even read the article?

1 hour ago, Nnicolette said:

Why do you keep saying the family's cctv does not exist? Did you even read the article?

It NOT CCTV, it was a personal camera linked to their phone (possibly).  That is different than CCTV, which is public.  It could have been a hoax. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It NOT CCTV, it was a personal camera linked to their phone (possibly).  That is different than CCTV, which is public.  It could have been a hoax. 

CCTV can be privately done. Pastes from the Mirror article:

Saundra Gonzales noticed items were vanishing from toddler Faviola Rodriguez's grave, and was stunned when she saw CCTV.

The images were captured by a camera hidden on a nearby gravestone.

Edited by papageorge1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

CCTV can be privately done. Pastes from the Mirror article:

Saundra Gonzales noticed items were vanishing from toddler Faviola Rodriguez's grave, and was stunned when she saw CCTV.

The images were captured by a camera hidden on a nearby gravestone.

The Mirror, a UK news source, so the story was at least 3rd hand.  Their version says CCTV, the San Antonio version does not.  My point was not to fixate on the CCTV but to point out that using that description proves it is a story that has been changed, it is unreliable.   UNRELIABLE.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The Mirror, a UK news source, so the story was at least 3rd hand.  Their version says CCTV, the San Antonio version does not.  My point was not to fixate on the CCTV but to point out that using that description proves it is a story that has been changed, it is unreliable.   UNRELIABLE.

Still the central point is the video evidence shouldn't just be dismissed over minor details if indeed explained differently.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, papageorge1 said:

Still the central point is the video evidence shouldn't just be dismissed over minor details if indeed explained differently.

Then the provenance of the video should be clear, it isn't in the Mirror article, it is more clear in the Texas article.  It seems to me that the Mirror writer embellished the story.

Since there is no version of that story in the local news it is suspect for me as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1