Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

India-Australia-Japan Supply Chain alliance

spartan max2

Help me understand this, meaning no disrespect or irony. 

Japan has population, technology, and manufacturing, but is short of raw materials. 

India has population, lower tech manufacturing and a growing tech sector. I don't know their raw material status.

Australia has a smaller population (1/5 of Japan) some manufacturing and technology but very rich deposits of rare earth elements for electronics (one of largest after China) bauxite (for aluminum) rutile ( for titanium) iron, lead, lithium, etc.  Plus Australia has a large agricultural and pastoral sector.

It seems like the three together could form a very strong world class economic bloc, maybe a rival to China, US, and EU.   Will they add New Zealand?  Is that what they are thinking?

What they don't seem to have is petroleum and a strong military force.  They could push renewables  and save the cost of importing oil.  Do they need the US for a military ally?

This would seem to dash Cookie Monster's hope of a new pan-global British empire if Australia opts out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Do they need the US for a military ally?

They're still coming up with a plan... 

~

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Help me understand this, meaning no disrespect or irony. 

Japan has population, technology, and manufacturing, but is short of raw materials. 

India has population, lower tech manufacturing and a growing tech sector. I don't know their raw material status.

Australia has a smaller population (1/5 of Japan) some manufacturing and technology but very rich deposits of rare earth elements for electronics (one of largest after China) bauxite (for aluminum) rutile ( for titanium) iron, lead, lithium, etc.  Plus Australia has a large agricultural and pastoral sector.

It seems like the three together could form a very strong world class economic bloc, maybe a rival to China, US, and EU.   Will they add New Zealand?  Is that what they are thinking?

What they don't seem to have is petroleum and a strong military force.  They could push renewables  and save the cost of importing oil.  Do they need the US for a military ally?

This would seem to dash Cookie Monster's hope of a new pan-global British empire if Australia opts out.

Honestly, if they could throw in say New Zealand and the U.S then the block would rival the EU probably. 

The intention of the supply chain alliance right now is to protect themselves against China trying to put economic pressure on any of them individually. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

They're still coming up with a plan... 

I can see where their plan might be evolving as world situations change.  Maybe in addition to China, they are thinking they might need some insurance against economic pressure from the US.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I can see where their plan might be evolving as world situations change.  Maybe in addition to China, they are thinking they might need some insurance against economic pressure from the US.

There is no reason to say that other then to try an appease pro China people.

It's very clearly about China. The world leaders make that pretty clear.

It's due to recent events of China takin off-shore resources in the South China Sea.

China aggressive actions trying to take disputed territory on the India/China border.

And China's current trend of trying to economically punish nations like Australia and others for not doing what China wants.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, following the Covid-19 outbreak, has already instituted a $2-billion fund to help Japanese companies shift back from China. Australia and the US, amid growing security and transparency concerns, have already entered into an ambitious agreement to create what’s being called a ‘China free’ supply chain for rare earth materials.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The intention of the supply chain alliance right now is to protect themselves against China trying to put economic pressure on any of them individually. 

That sounds pretty reasonable and non-threatening, hard for anybody to object to that.  Maybe they can go about their business.

If they let the US in, all of a sudden, they have a senior partner who will want to call the shots.  Also, that might feel more threatening and draw further concern from China.   They might just want to be left alone to do their own thing.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I can see where their plan might be evolving as world situations change.

Working together and common objectives will be the greatest hurdle with anything involving this US administration 

Let's not feign ignorance here, this is just anti China through and through, splitting up the corpse after the rape and pillage is what they're rubbing the greasy palms over. 

~

Just now, spartan max2 said:

It's very clearly about China.

It's due to recent events of China takin off-shore resources in the South China Sea.

China aggressive actions trying to take disputed territory on the India/China border.

And China's current trend of trying to economically punish nations like Australia and others for not doing what China wants.

Yes I get that, they are not ready to go head to head with any world power.  The US and China will be jockeying for top position in the world.  That is far out of their current league.  If they can stay out of the middle and be relatively ignored, they might be better off.  All three of them might make separate agreements with the US  for joint military support, without inviting us to join their club.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes I get that, they are not ready to go head to head with any world power.  The US and China will be jockeying for top position in the world.  That is far out of their current league.  If they can stay out of the middle and be relatively ignored, they might be better off.  All three of them might make separate agreements with the US  for joint military support, without inviting us to join their club.

Looks like military-whise stuff has been developing for a bit now.

https://eurasiantimes.com/anti-china-quad-alliance-between-us-india-australia-japan-could-soon-be-a-reality/

• Like 2

I think the whole point is that dependence on products from China has crippled a lot of countries.  I know that my cousin in western Australia could not get alcohol wipes for months, and she needed them for her daily injections.  I know that in the U.S we all started making masks and could not get a lot of things we needed (needed because of Covid) because they source was China.  No one country can be so completely dependent on one other country.  There has to be some overlap and some self reliance.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Working together and common objectives will be the greatest hurdle with anything involving this US administration 

Let's not feign ignorance here, this is just anti China through and through, splitting up the corpse after the rape and pillage is what they're rubbing the greasy palms over. 

Which is why I think they would want to stay at arm's length from the US.

Not trying to be ignorant here,  I can see where it could be aimed at curtailing Chinese power.  I can also see that it could be aimed at building a self-sufficient, strong economic power without reliance on China,  the US or Europe either.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Which is why I think they would want to stay at arm's length from the US.

Not trying to be ignorant here,  I can see where it could be aimed at curtailing Chinese power.  I can also see that it could be aimed at building a self-sufficient, strong economic power without reliance on China,  the US or Europe either.

Honestly I think you just feel the need to make this somehow anti-U.S

Everything about this situation is transparently a reaction against recent actions by China.

The world leaders themselves say this. 

Nonething to do with the U.S, everything to do with China trying to push other nations around in that region of the world.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Do they need the US for a military ally?

If they need a military ally, and this alliance is a direct competitor with China who do you think their largest market will be?  Probably USA so who would they turn to for military support (if that was even necessary)?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

That sounds pretty reasonable and non-threatening, hard for anybody to object to that.  Maybe they can go about their business.

If they let the US in, all of a sudden, they have a senior partner who will want to call the shots.  Also, that might feel more threatening and draw further concern from China.   They might just want to be left alone to do their own thing.

I think that the US would probably be good source of capital for them as a customer not a part of the coalition.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Honestly I think you just feel the need to make this somehow anti-U.S

Everything about this situation is transparently a reaction against recent actions by China.

The world leaders themselves say this. 

Nonething to do with the U.S, everything to do with China trying to push other nations around in that region of the world.

No, not anti-US.  

Is it a reaction against dependence on supply chains being bound to China and the desire to control their own destinies?

Is it response to Chinese military and economic incursions?

Is it a long term plan for these three countries to form a world class economic union?

It could be all three.

If it is purely military in nature, at least Japan and Australia are long term US military allies, not sure about India.  Not much need to talk about supply chains in there too.

If it is a long term plan, and they must try to navigate an uncertain future, then they might think about being friendly, and not pi**ing anybody off too much or becoming dependent on anybody either.  For now, that is China.  In twenty years, it might be another power player. 

That is why I said initially, I don't quite get it.  Is it a response to today, or an evolving long term plan for a Pacific alliance that can survive and flourish in a world coexisting and not being swallowed by China the US or the EU?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Oh yeah, the US never works with others :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

More information for whoever is curious, this is part of QUAD.

An alliance first proposed ad far back as 2007 but it never got anywhere due to pressure from China.

But due to recent events it has gained much more traction causing things like you see in OP.

https://asiatimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/asiatimes.com/2020/07/quad-alliance-forms-arc-of-democracy-around-china/?amp_js_v=a3&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=15978596546536&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fasiatimes.com%2F2020%2F07%2Fquad-alliance-forms-arc-of-democracy-around-china%2F

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

Oh yeah, the US never works with others :rolleyes:

"THIS" US administration never works with others :rolleyes:

~

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, third_eye said:

"THIS" US administration never works with others :rolleyes:

~

That's not what all the Australians are complaining about :D  But seriously we are working closely with both ROK and Japan in containing the North.  There is a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada.  Mexico is enforcing their southern border to help us strengthen ours.  The EU nations have joined us in our ban of chinas 5G spy network.  There is a huge list of examples of America and our allies working together under the current administration.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

That's not what all the Australians are complaining about :D  But seriously we are working closely with both ROK and Japan in containing the North.  There is a new trade agreement with Mexico and Canada.  Mexico is enforcing their southern border to help us strengthen ours.  The EU nations have joined us in our ban of chinas 5G spy network.  There is a huge list of examples of America and our allies working together under the current administration.

The Chinese saying is "snakes and rats shares a same den"

So much for logic and science based on merits, if only your nuclear weapons launching programs could still use the eight inch floppy ...

Ahhhh well.. 

~

47 minutes ago, third_eye said:

The Chinese saying is "snakes and rats shares a same den"

Why is it that certain countries don't have English translations of their news? It's not like they can't speak English, seeing how well you can articulate yourself. Nearly every country in the world has an English version of their news.

I would love to hear the other perspective in these matters. I can't gather what is going on by your cryptic posts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Nearly every country in the world has an English version of their news.

Syndicated by who? 

It's not that difficult, it's a matter of who wants to pay and how much, but then, news is only worthy to some when they don't let facts get in the way of a good story. That's not the kind of news I'm talking about. 

It's not that there is none, it's whether who cares enough to know. 

Some country sets their own "standards" 

Other countries are free to set theirs, that's what sovereignty of nation means.

~

12 hours ago, third_eye said:

Work out a plan... After all these years... 

The Australian agricultural sector has long tried to gain acceptance in the Japanese market.  Negotiations for JAEPA started with Howard and Abe; and they were implemented.

From memory negotiations for FTAs with China and USA began early noughties.

Indian imports have been subject to preferential rates of duty for a much longer under WTO.

Hell, WTO was more than 40 years in the making.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Hell, WTO was more than 40 years in the making

Not really getting anywhere, did it? 

For example, heard of this one before? 

[00.03:19]

~

14 hours ago, third_eye said:

Syndicated by who? 

Their own translations. You can specify by clicking on the English version on their site.

Edited by Michelle
  • Haha 1