Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysia says China Maritime claims illegal

OverSword

In a letter to the United Nations, Malaysia has stated that China's maritime claims in the South China Sea have no legal basis, potentially signaling that Kuala Lumpur is hardening its stance.

In a note verbale dated Wednesday, the Malaysian mission to the U.N. wrote to Secretary General Antonio Guterres that it "rejects China's claims to historic rights, or other sovereign rights or jurisdiction, with respect to the maritime areas of the South China Sea encompassed by the relevant part of the 'nine-dash line.'"

Noting that China's claims are contrary to the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea, or Unclos, it added, "The Government of Malaysia considers that the People's Republic of China's claim to the maritime features in the South China Sea has no basis under international law."

Link

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think that's like nine nations in the area getting their off-shore resources taken by China.

The CCP loves to call nations imperialistic but they are literally being imperialist.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Former Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak -- convicted on Tuesday on multiple corruption charges -- had actively courted Chinese investment while calling for a peaceful resolution to South China Sea disputes, before his defeat to Mahathir's coalition in the May 2018 election.

I wonder who Uncle Eye voted for? :lol:

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

I wonder who Uncle Eye voted for? :lol:

The old one, he's making a comeback... 

~

• Like 2

Just now, third_eye said:

The old one, he's making a comeback... 

~

When does he get out of prison?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I think that's like nine nations in the area getting their off-shore resources taken by China.

The CCP loves to call nations imperialistic but they are literally being imperialist.

Same old song and dance.  Until they are resisted, they'll continue to expand.  

• Like 2

Just now, OverSword said:

When does he get out of prison?

You don't even know who I'm talking about, much less understand... 

:lol:

Yeah, suddenly you're an expert on Malaysia, never knew you cared... 

~

• Like 2

1 minute ago, third_eye said:

never knew you cared.

Me neither :st  How ya doin?  

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

Me neither :st  How ya doin?  

Well, you obviously don't care enough to know the facts from your faction propaganda churning prose. 

Fine thanks... 

~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Well, you obviously don't care enough to know the facts from your faction propaganda churning prose. 

Fine thanks... 

~

Facts such as your government and others in the region are asking help from the UN because China is bullying you for your resources and territory?  That's not really propaganda since it's actually happening.  Sadly when the UN hands down a ruling against them China simply calls it illegal, such as the ruling on territorial waters with the Philippines, and ignores it.  Hopefully military action will never be the last answer to China but sadly it may.  At that point I'm sure the world can count on some of Chinas own continental territories to rebel in an effort to be free and rid of the CCP. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well the Hague has ruled that China has no legal claim in the South China Sea and has violated International law while China says the Hague has no jurisdiction.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Like 3

Facts such as your government and others in the region are asking help from the UN because China is bullying you for your resources and territory?  That's not really propaganda since it's actually happening.  Sadly when the UN hands down a ruling against them China simply calls it illegal, such as the ruling on territorial waters with the Philippines, and ignores it.  Hopefully military action will never be the last answer to China but sadly it may. 

The current PM is currying favor for foreign support, he is fast losing ground locally...

And who says China is doing anything except keeping non Asian powers out of Asia? 

But a lot of Asian governments are propped up by western influential organizations, sad but true. 

Thailand is getting a Spring, right in the thick of a pandemic, best of luck to them. 

How is China expanding in the South CHINA Sea is the kind of logic that makes no sense. 

~

At that point I'm sure the world can count on some of Chinas own continental territories to rebel in an effort to be free and rid of the CCP. 

The US has to show China a better state of "democratic" government than currently, at the very least... 

~

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Thailand is getting a Spring, right in the thick of a pandemic, best of luck to them. 

Thailand - Where young people started protesting against their monachry government for a more democratic nation where they have a voice.

I know you hate stuff like that :P.

It's clear your views in all subjects are just anti-democracy. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

It's clear your views in all subjects are just anti-democracy. 

Just your brand of democracy, ain't working too well last I heard. 

:D

~

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

Which in your mind is ANY time young people protest against a authoritarian government for democracy :innocent:.

Can you give one example of a Pro-democracy protest in a authoritarian nation that you do support? 

You can't because you're against them all on principle.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, third_eye said:

~

We do all right.   Here we can speak out against our government and criticize the president.  That's kind of a big thing especially when compared to the restrictions placed on the words and thoughts of the Chinese population.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, spartan max2 said:

Which in your mind is ANY time young people protest against a authoritarian government for democracy :innocent:.

You like the protests recently across America? 

Didn't work out too well for them did it? 

~

Can you give one example of a Pro-democracy protest in a authoritarian nation that you do support? 

Black lives matter... 

~

Nope just the ostentatious ones, most prominent, yours... 

~

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

We do all right.   Here we can speak out against our government and criticize the president.  That's kind of a big thing especially when compared to the restrictions placed on the words and thoughts of the Chinese population.

You keep telling yourself that... 

Best of luck to you... 

~

• Like 1

~

Black lives matter... 

~

Nope just the ostentatious ones, most prominent, yours... 

~

Best of luck to you... 

~

Nevermind. 

I made the mistake of thinking that since this thread is about your home that you would actually have some substance and knowledge on it.

But I see you are still just going to be a troll.

Have a nice day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

The police are having budgets reallocated here, trump banned choke hold in most circumstances, the police involved in the death of Floyd are charged with murder.  What didn't work?

5 minutes ago, third_eye said:

trump sucks.  Okay now you type Xi sucks.  they will take back your decoder ring and ban you from travelling back to the motherland but nothing will happen to me. :gun: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

You know, everyone has a RIGHT to make their own judgments about what is acceptable and what isn't.  When 9 nations are aligned against the actions of China and when China's actions amount to an incursion on the rights of other nations then those who support China in that situation should also be willing to explain WHY they find it acceptable.  Laughing about it sends a pretty clear message about where their morals are.  If you want to know how Taiwanese citizens would be treated by a mainland takeover, just watch HK.  

Our American politicians and businesses have helped the CCP to become strong enough to begin forcing their wishes on weaker nations so America shares some of the responsibility.  I believe that the actions we are seeing from the CCP today are less about the PLA overestimating its strength than it is about the Chinese politicians believing America is one election away from surrendering to them for all time.  THIS is the kind of miscalculation that accounts for the Thucydides Trap.  The air and naval component of the PLA is not nearly capable of taking on the U.S. today.  But if the leaders in those services think America lacks the will to turn back their aggression then a devastating war could result.

Trump is using the economic leverage of America to pressure the CCP into better behavior.  I just hope that the Democrats like Clinton, Obama and Kerry to name a few, aren't sending a signal that the CCP can do as they please, NOW rather than waiting until they actually have an advantage.

If we stumble into war then the CCP would have no way to win short of nukes and that would be a very bad option for us all.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

The police are having budgets reallocated here, trump banned choke hold in most circumstances, the police involved in the death of Floyd are charged with murder.  What didn't work?

trump sucks.  Okay now you type Xi sucks.  they will take back your decoder ring and ban you from travelling back to the motherland but nothing will happen to me. :gun: 

Barr also just announced a lot of arrests for Federal crimes related to operation LeGend:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/doj-operation-legend-barr-200-federal-crimes-1000-arrests

If he's supporting the CCP because he'd get into trouble or danger for NOT doing so, I'd probably have more respect for his opinions but I think he and a few others really do support the CCP as a way of sticking it to the U.S.  Maybe they'll be fortunate enough to someday live under the CCP, up close and personal.

• Like 1

There will always be a China to contend with. If the CCP were deposed, it's leaders executed, it's members "reeducated", there would still be a China to contend with. A completely Western style Democracy in China would further complicate or even exacerbate current issues. You can't put the Chinese genie back in it's bottle. When the West chose to engage with China in the Seventies, it set it on path of modernization and integration with the World Economy and now there's no turning back. China Is Here and here to stay and as with all Nations, deeply invested in it's own self-interests, whatever style of government controls the process. Safer now to deal with the devil we know, than some bizarre caricature of Western Democracy we know not. The hall has been rented, the orchestra engage. Time to see if we can dance.(With apologies to Q.)

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2019/03/researcher-west-isnt-ready-coming-wave-chinese-misinformation/155400/

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

There will always be a China to contend with. If the CCP were deposed, it's leaders executed, it's members "reeducated", there would still be a China to contend with. A completely Western style Democracy in China would further complicate or even exacerbate current issues. You can't put the Chinese genie back in it's bottle. When the West chose to engage with China in the Seventies, it set it on path of modernization and integration with the World Economy and now there's no turning back. China Is Here and here to stay and as with all Nations, deeply invested in it's own self-interests, whatever style of government controls the process. Safer now to deal with the devil we know, than some bizarre caricature of Western Democracy we know not. The hall has been rented, the orchestra engage. Time to see if we can dance.(With apologies to Q.)

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2019/03/researcher-west-isnt-ready-coming-wave-chinese-misinformation/155400/

Democracy in China would make relations worse? Lol. That seems inaccurate and based on nonething.

Japan, Germany, India are the 3rd, 4th, and 5th largest nominal GDP. All democracies and their relations with the U.S are good.

"Remember kids, dictatorships and oppression is fine as long as it happens to not white people". 

It's a trope I share alot, but it's basically what apologist of dictators are saying. Its what your comment sounds like. Acting like Chinese people somehow can't have democracy. Are they genetically not allowed to have human rights? That's silly. I dare say that it's almost racist.

Also, when the West started engaging with China in the seventies the belief was that integrating China into international trade would liberalize them. Which is definitely does to the population, which is why the CCP works so hard to censor and keep control. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Democracy in China would make relations worse? Lol. That seems inaccurate and based on nonething.

Japan, Germany, India are the 3rd, 4th, and 5th largest nominal GDP. All democracies and their relations with the U.S are good.

"Remember kids, dictatorships and oppression is fine as long as it happens to not white people". 

It's a trope I share alot, but it's basically what apologist of dictators are saying. Its what your comment sounds like. Acting like Chinese people somehow can't have democracy. Are they genetically not allowed to have human rights? That's silly. I dare say that it's almost racist.

Also, when the West started engaging with China in the seventies the belief was that integrating China into international trade would liberalize them. Which is definitely does to the population, which is why the CCP works so hard to censor and keep control. 

Britain and America were both Democracies in the Nineteenth and early Twentieth centuries, yet pursued their imperialistic ambitions, regardless. The point is, Democracy is not a panacea for all social ills nor guarantor of peaceful co-existence.  What Human Rights are, are decided by society, not handed down from God by an archangel. I can very well envision a democratic twenty-first century China, with nineteenth century imperialist ambitions. At this point in time, they seem to have a Japanese style, Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere in mind. I don't think Democracy would change that. Their national interest would largely remain the same.

• Thanks 2