Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Malaysia says China Maritime claims illegal

OverSword

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Britain and America were both Democracies in the Nineteenth and early Twentieth centuries, yet pursued their imperialistic ambitions, regardless. The point is, Democracy is not a panacea for all social ills nor guarantor of peaceful co-existence.  What Human Rights are, are decided by society, not handed down from God by an archangel. I can very well envision a democratic twenty-first century China, with nineteenth century imperialist ambitions. At this point in time, they seem to have a Japanese style, Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere in mind. I don't think Democracy would change that. Their national interest would largely remain the same.

In your mind why are relations not tense between U.S, Japan, India, and Germany?

All the top GDPs with different races and cultures, but are all democracies. 

Giving citizens a voice in China (by becoming a democracy) would definitely change alot of the situation.

Edited by spartan max2

8 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

In your mind why are relations not tense between U.S, Japan, India, and Germany?

All the top GDPs with different races and cultures, but are all democracies. 

Giving citizens a voice in China would definitely change alot of the situation.

None of the above are belligerent nuclear powers with territorial ambitions. Why were relations tense and confrontational between the World's two great democracies in the nineteenth and early twentieth century? Why did both have invasion plans for each other's territories until WW2? All you're doing, bringing Democracy to the Chinese, is to bring democracy to the CHINESE. They're not going to morph, instantly into card-carrying democrats. Hell, they may become Republican.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

None of the above are belligerent nuclear powers with territorial ambitions. Why were relations tense and confrontational between the World's two great democracies in the nineteenth and early twentieth century? Why did both have invasion plans for each other's territories until WW2? All you're doing, bringing Democracy to the Chinese, to bring democracy to the CHINESE. They're not going to morph, instantly into card-carrying democrats. Hell, they may become Republican.

I'm confused what two democracies are you referring to?

Also, India is a nuclear power.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I'm confused what two democracies are you referring to?

Seriously? The U.S. and Great Britain. It's Parliamentary Democracy is older than our own. Yes but it's territorial disputes are with a fragment of it's former self and--surprise!--China.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Seriously? The U.S. and Great Britain. It's Parliamentary Democracy is older than our own. 

Oh lol. That's a little over a hundred years ago. I thought you were referring to something more recent.

The world is a vastly different place. Trade is so interconnected now.

I don't see any recent example of democracies having as bad of relations with each other as China is having with the world. 

I can't think of any example in the last 50-80 years.

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Oh lol. That's a little over a hundred years ago. I thought you were referring to something more recent.

The world is a vastly different place. Trade is so interconnected now.

I don't see any recent example of democracies having as bad of relations with each other as China is having with the world. 

I can't think of any example in the last 50-80 years.

Yes and there's not been another nuked city in that time-frame. I feel so assured there never will be. :rolleyes:History marches on. Be thankful you don't live in more interesting times.

2 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Yes and there's not been another nuked city in that time-frame. I feel so assured there never will be. :rolleyes:History marches on. Be thankful you don't live in more interesting times.

Japan was a Monarchy in WW2.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

Japan was a Monarchy in WW2.

No. It was a Parliamentary Democracy dominated by Army/Navy factions, both of which despised one-another.. The Emperor was only a titular figure, much the same as the King of Britain.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

No. It was a Parliamentary Democracy dominated by Army/Navy factions, both of which despised one-another.. The Emperor was only a titular figure, much the same as the King of Britain.  

Its more complicated then that. But I don't want to derail the thread anymore by arguing about Japans WW2 government. Thanks for the input though.

17 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Its more complicated then that. But I don't want to derail the thread anymore by arguing about Japans WW2 government. Thanks for the input though.

All governments are complicated. They admired the British, another island nation with a titular monarchy and copied many of their forms and customs. This was a Western overlay, of course and they remained quintessentially Japanese.

• Like 2

Fact of the matter remains the same, China is a victim of their own success because they dared to do better without being pseudo "White"

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, third_eye said:

You don't even know who I'm talking about, much less understand... 

:lol:

Yeah, suddenly you're an expert on Malaysia, never knew you cared... 

~

Recalcitrant!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, third_eye said:

Fine thanks... 

Good to hear. Wish you well my friend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Recalcitrant!

Yup, that's the one, he that wouldn't bend the knee to the IMF... 

~

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, third_eye said:

Yup, that's the one, he that wouldn't bend the knee to the IMF... 

~

I thought it was all because bad shirt convention known as APEC

Dr M: "Tell Suharto I'm not going to Jakarta if that round-eyed bacon and egg eater is going to be there!"

https://archive.lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/mahathir-agrees-he-was-recalcitrant

29 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I thought it was all because bad shirt convention known as APEC

The tiff was, Dr M didn't jiggy with the jam jam and the

31 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

round-eyed bacon and egg eater

went and flexed muscles like thunder from down under ...

Dr M is old school, golden rule rules with him. 

We Malaysians have an aversion to leaders trying to run the country like their grandfather's business, that's why the previous PM is facing jail time, to be fair, that's more a case of his wife trying to live like a Trump and him believing being a good hubby makes every Malaysian turning in a blind eye.

He'll get off with a slap on the wrist and a good spanking, his dad is still fondly remembered and highly revered. 

I won't rule out a return of the prodigal son... That's Malaysia for you. 

~

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 8:52 PM, third_eye said:

Fact of the matter remains the same, China is a victim of their own success because they dared to do better without being pseudo "White"

~

WTF are you talking about?  :w00t:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, OverSword said:

He is just pushing the same old CCP line that the world is angry at China because they are "Chinese" instead of because of the fact China has a **** government that is trying to oppress and impose it's will on others. 

It's like Hitler trying to argue people are against him and Germany because they hater "Germans" and don't want Germans to be successful. 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

America "fail" at subtle racism... 

~

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, third_eye said:

America "fail" at subtle racism... 

~

Huh? 

Just now, third_eye said:

Simply put...

~

Oh.  Okay.  So you're saying people in China are racist.  I agree. :tsu:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Oh.  Okay.  So you're saying people in China are racist.  I agree. :tsu:

Nope, nice try though, it only works when you are not living in a country that is not only proven to be fundamentally based on systemic racism, but your entire existence owes itself to social polemics clung to racist principles, covertly, subtly and blatantly obvious. 

You have no obligations to agree with that but you know that that is what it is, truth and facts. 

Wanna learn Cantonese? 

~

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, third_eye said:

Nope, nice try though, it only works when you are not living in a country that is not only proven to be fundamentally based on systemic racism, but your entire existence owes itself to social polemics clung to racist principles, covertly, subtly and blatantly obvious. 

You have no obligations to agree with that but you know that that is what it is, truth and facts. 

Wanna learn Cantonese? 

~

Ah yes I see,  China taking the off shore resources from Malaysia, Vietnam, Phillapeans, Japan, and a hand full of other nations is because of racism :lol:

But of course lol.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, third_eye said:

Wanna learn Cantonese? 

~

I’m not seeing it 

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1