Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Still Waters

Alexei Navalny ill from suspected poisoning

77 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Still Waters

Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny is unconscious in hospital suffering from suspected poisoning, his spokeswoman has said.

The anti-corruption campaigner fell ill during a flight and the plane made an emergency landing in Omsk, Kira Yarmysh said, adding that they suspected something had been mixed into his tea.

The Kremlin said that it wished Mr Navalny a "speedy recovery".

Mr Navalny, 44, has been a staunch critic of President Vladimir Putin.

In June he described a vote on constitutional reforms as a "coup" and a "violation of the constitution". The reforms allow Mr Putin to serve another two terms in office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53844958

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/20/europe/russia-navalny-hospitalized-intl-hnk/index.html

  • Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
51 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny is unconscious in hospital suffering from suspected poisoning, his spokeswoman has said.

The anti-corruption campaigner fell ill during a flight and the plane made an emergency landing in Omsk, Kira Yarmysh said, adding that they suspected something had been mixed into his tea.

The Kremlin said that it wished Mr Navalny a "speedy recovery".

Mr Navalny, 44, has been a staunch critic of President Vladimir Putin.

In June he described a vote on constitutional reforms as a "coup" and a "violation of the constitution". The reforms allow Mr Putin to serve another two terms in office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53844958

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/20/europe/russia-navalny-hospitalized-intl-hnk/index.html

Neither the UK or US Government have confirmed if it was poisoning yet.

So why have left-wing media outlets already run stories saying it was?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
25 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Neither the UK or US Government have confirmed if it was poisoning yet.

So why have left-wing media outlets already run stories saying it was?

His aides suspect poisoning.  Why would you have to wait for the government to confirm?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
29 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Neither the UK or US Government have confirmed if it was poisoning yet.

So why have left-wing media outlets already run stories saying it was?

It literally says 'suspected' in the first sentence.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
6 minutes ago, Setton said:

It literally says 'suspected' in the first sentence.

I mean the news, it says he was.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Buzz_Light_Year

Probably some Putin Punch. :devil:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I mean the news, it says he was.

First line from BBC:

Quote

Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny is unconscious in hospital suffering from suspected poisoning, his spokeswoman has said.

From CNN: 

Quote

Russian opposition leader and outspoken Kremlin critic Alexey Navalny was unconscious and on a ventilator in a Siberian hospital Thursday after falling ill from suspected poisoning, his spokeswoman said.

Do you actually click on links before you decide what's in them?

Which sources are stating he definitely was poisoned?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
10 minutes ago, Setton said:

First line from BBC:

From CNN: 

Do you actually click on links before you decide what's in them?

Which sources are stating he definitely was poisoned?

Watch the news.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Watch the news.

So none.

Glad we cleared that up.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerBright19
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Watch the news.

Exactly.  The mainstream news has a growing habit of manipulating their viewers by initiating the story with a false narrative, and after they have successfully pushed forward their objective, they 'update' and edit the story with the truth after the damage has been done.

 

e.g.  Skynews 3pm headlines (subtitles)

 

subtitles.png

 

Afterwards, they update the story with 'suspected poisoning' but continue the narrative that it strongly was poison by eliminating and not focusing at all on any other possibility.  They just run with the narrative they want to push forward with.  The problem is that live news broadcasts contain many falsehoods and pre-conceived conclusions often by the news reader (intentionally or unintentionally) e.g. to attack or support a person or government, and after their viewers have been successfully hoodwinked, they go ahead and edit the story with the truth so that nobody can sue them for slander or libel damages, but it is always the first initial publication on the news (vocal and text) that does the most damage and the media organisations know this, and put it to good use when it suits their agenda, especially if they are strongly affiliated with a political side.

 

 

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
36 minutes ago, TigerBright19 said:

Exactly.  The mainstream news has a growing habit of manipulating their viewers by initiating the story with a false narrative, and after they have successfully pushed forward their objective, they 'update' and edit the story with the truth after the damage has been done.

 

e.g.  Skynews 3pm headlines (subtitles)

 

subtitles.png

It does appear he has been poisoned. What is false about that?

Jesus, Russia really isn't getting it's money's worth from you two...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerBright19
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Setton said:

It does appear he has been poisoned. What is false about that?

Jesus, Russia really isn't getting it's money's worth from you two...

Choice of words is deceiving.  They should have begun the headline with:

 

- We do not know the cause of his illness, but one totally unconfirmed theory is that he may have been poisoned, but we must stress that there has been no official confirmation to support this theory, and we have received no evidence to suggest that he was poisoned or that it was intentional."

 

Yet when it came to the Amesbury and Salisbury poisonings the media and the government were very quick to blame Russia, despite the fact there is a Chemical factory a short distance away that produced the same chemical substance used in both incidents.

 

"Don't blame us.  Blame Russia."

 

map1.png

 

Story on 'Chemical research facility.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/porton-down-what-is-explained-experiments-salisbury-wiltshire-novichok-latest-a8431951.html

 

 

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

litvinenko, scripal, now navalny,   that is suspicious.   

5 hours ago, TigerBright19 said:

Choice of words is deceiving.  They should have begun the headline with:

 

- We do not know the cause of his illness, but one totally unconfirmed theory is that he may have been poisoned, but we must stress that there has been no official confirmation to support this theory, and we have received no evidence to suggest that he was poisoned or that it was intentional."

 

Yet when it came to the Amesbury and Salisbury poisonings the media and the government were very quick to blame Russia, despite the fact there is a Chemical factory a short distance away that produced the same chemical substance used in both incidents.

 

"Don't blame us.  Blame Russia."

 

map1.png

 

Story on 'Chemical research facility.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/porton-down-what-is-explained-experiments-salisbury-wiltshire-novichok-latest-a8431951.html

 

 

right, yet only russians connected to putin were poisoned by that  substance  made at local chem factories,  lol

of course they sourced the poison locally, you did not expect them to bring it on the plane with them did you?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
7 hours ago, TigerBright19 said:

Choice of words is deceiving.  They should have begun the headline with:

 

- We do not know the cause of his illness, but one totally unconfirmed theory is that he may have been poisoned, but we must stress that there has been no official confirmation to support this theory, and we have received no evidence to suggest that he was poisoned or that it was intentional."

Catchy.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster

Sky News is reporting this morning that Belarussian doctors are saying there is no evidence of poison in his system.

Well, well, well, western media jumping the gun because they are anti-Putin.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters

Latest:

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Sky News is reporting this morning that Belarussian doctors are saying there is no evidence of poison in his system.

 

that maybe so, but russian doctors are hardly have any credibility when it comes to  cases involving gcvmnt officials,  like when a 5 year old kid was killed by a car driven by a govt official wife, while speeding on local road,  doctors reported that the child was drunk and it was his fault,  

wait you said belarusian doctors?  what do they have to do with it?   totally different country. he is in city of omsk,  which is in siberia russia

Edited by aztek
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aztek said:

that maybe so, but russian doctors are hardly have any credibility when it comes to  cases involving gcvmnt officials,  like when a 5 year old kid was killed by a car driven by a govt official wife, while speeding on local road,  doctors reported that the child was drunk and it was his fault,  

wait you said belarusian doctors?  what do they have to do with it?   totally different country. he is in city of omsk,  which is in siberia russia

I am not saying he was or wasn`t poisoned by the way.

I am saying lets wait to see what evidence exists before we rush to judgement. Belarus is situated between both the EU and Russia with both sides seeing the state as strategically important for defence. The reason why the EU are jumping on it is because its an opportunity to re-align Belarus to the west. It means we have to wait for actual evidence of election interference and poisoning before we rush to judgement.

The media narrative that Belarussians couldn`t possibly have voted to keep an autocrat in power because everyone is freedom loving is deeply flawed. There are many countries that like having a strong leader and for which there is widespread public support. Where is the evidence of election rigging?

Baring in mind the election was won by the existing President, that the win was a landslide victory, that there is going to be no re-run of that election, then what purpose would poisoning Alexei Navalny serve? Not poisoning him doesnt create a different outcome. And if he had kicked up a fuss (as in try to overthrow the President) then Belarus has suitable laws to give him a prison sentence.

With the medias track record I see them as trying to do to the President what they have spent the last 4 years trying to do to Trump so I dont trust them one bit. Evidence please.

Edited by Cookie Monster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
17 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I am not saying he was or wasn`t poisoned by the way.

I am saying lets wait to see what evidence exists before we rush to judgement. Belarus is situated between both the EU and Russia with both sides seeing the state as strategically important for defence. The reason why the EU are jumping on it is because its an opportunity to re-align Belarus to the west. It means we have to wait for actual evidence of election interference and poisoning before we rush to judgement.

The media narrative that Belarussians couldn`t possibly have voted to keep an autocrat in power because everyone is freedom loving is deeply flawed. There are many countries that like having a strong leader and for which there is widespread public support. Where is the evidence of election rigging?

Baring in mind the election was won by the existing President, that the win was a landslide victory, that there is going to be no re-run of that election, then what purpose would poisoning Alexei Navalny serve? Not poisoning him doesnt create a different outcome. And if he had kicked up a fuss (as in try to overthrow the President) then Belarus has suitable laws to give him a prison sentence.

With the medias track record I see them as trying to do to the President what they have spent the last 4 years trying to do to Trump so I dont trust them one bit. Evidence please.

but belorussian doctors do not have evidence of either, he is not even in belarus,  how can they say there is no evidence of poison???

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Posted (edited)

now his relatives and friends want to take him to germany for treatment, but hospital would not release  him,   very few in russia believe  he wasn't poisoned,  the pattern of putin's critics, opposition, being poisoned, and murdered is  pretty strong.   

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Sky News is reporting this morning that Belarussian doctors are saying there is no evidence of poison in his system.

Well, well, well, western media jumping the gun because they are anti-Putin.

Belarus is actively cozying up to Russia. They want Russia to help them uphold the corrupt election that just kept the incumbent president in power.

I think you'll find you are jumping the gun here by being fanatically pro-putin (although I suppose money is a logical reason) and being completely unaware of the wider context.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
17 minutes ago, aztek said:

but belorussian doctors do not have evidence of either, he is not even in belarus,  how can they say there is no evidence of poison???

 

And I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to with Belarus being the only other de facto dictatorship in Europe...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Setton
43 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I am not saying he was or wasn`t poisoned by the way.

I am saying lets wait to see what evidence exists before we rush to judgement. Belarus is situated between both the EU and Russia with both sides seeing the state as strategically important for defence. The reason why the EU are jumping on it is because its an opportunity to re-align Belarus to the west. It means we have to wait for actual evidence of election interference and poisoning before we rush to judgement.

The media narrative that Belarussians couldn`t possibly have voted to keep an autocrat in power because everyone is freedom loving is deeply flawed. There are many countries that like having a strong leader and for which there is widespread public support. Where is the evidence of election rigging?

Baring in mind the election was won by the existing President, that the win was a landslide victory, that there is going to be no re-run of that election, then what purpose would poisoning Alexei Navalny serve? Not poisoning him doesnt create a different outcome. And if he had kicked up a fuss (as in try to overthrow the President) then Belarus has suitable laws to give him a prison sentence.

With the medias track record I see them as trying to do to the President what they have spent the last 4 years trying to do to Trump so I dont trust them one bit. Evidence please.

What are you blathering on about?

Navalny is a Russian opposition leader in Russia.

he is not going to be trying to contest a Belarusian election.

Belarusian doctors are not going to have a clue whether he was poisoned.

Belarus is also not going to imprison Navalny because he is a Russian in Russia.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
21 minutes ago, Setton said:

Belarus is actively cozying up to Russia. They want Russia to help them uphold the corrupt election that just kept the incumbent president in power.

I think you'll find you are jumping the gun here by being fanatically pro-putin (although I suppose money is a logical reason) and being completely unaware of the wider context.

An election isn`t corrupt simply because the media says it is. 

Evidence is required. I am not pro-Putin, but I understand the geopolitical games which go one. The EU wants Belarus aligned to them so without actual evidence of a corrupt election we need to take their claims with a pinch of salt. If there is evidence, then let it be set out. If it shows beyond a reasonable doubt that the election was corrupt then action should be taken.

Until then I just see media bickering from a media well known to always have an agenda.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Still Waters
Quote

Russian doctors say there is no evidence Alexei Navalny was poisoned - and have put his condition down to metabolic disease caused by low blood sugar.

"Poisoning as a diagnosis remains on the back burner, but we don't believe that the patient suffered from poisoning," the doctor said.

Mr Navalny's wife cited a police officer as saying a "very dangerous" poison had been detected in his body that posed a risk to everyone around him who should therefore wear protective suits, local media reported.

https://news.sky.com/story/doctors-ban-navalny-being-transported-abroad-amid-claim-of-kremlin-pressure-12053503

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.