Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Chronus

Mandela Effect

369 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Chronus

I just wanted to know you guys opinion on the Mandela Effect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

Bad memory or false memory. There have been a few threads on this. You can try the search funtion to find them.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
17 minutes ago, Chronus said:

I just wanted to know you guys opinion on the Mandela Effect

The brain structure changes over time, consequently so do memories, no two people remember an event the same way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus

I'll admit, and you guys probably saw this coming, but I really don't believe this is our brain messing up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
XenoFish

I'm not surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus

I knew you wouldn't

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus

I will say, mind mixing memories up or not, my brother was pretty confused when he realised pikachu didn't have a black tipped tail...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

Deliberate manipulation of false memory syndrome by internet trolls.

The way it works is: they post a message saying, "Hey, you remember how in Captain Pugwash, there was a Seaman Stains, Master Bates and Roger the Cabin Boy?"   And everyone, who vaguely remembers the 1970 UK cartoon, sagely nods.   "Well, according to this [link to cartoon on youtube] their names were something completely different!   But I know they were Seaman Stain, Master Bates and Roger ...... !    And you all remembered it too!    So what the hell happened?    Must be the Mandela Effect :o  


 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Chronus said:

I will say, mind mixing memories up or not, my brother was pretty confused when he realised pikachu didn't have a black tipped tail...

Another good example.

See, if you had asked me what colour the tip of his tail was, I wouldn't have had a clue.  But as soon as you said "black tipped" I conjured up in my mind a picture of him with just such a tail.   Now I am certain that that was the colour of his tail ...... So, when you reveal it was red, I am like OMG! :o

Deliberately or otherwise, you implanted a false memory into my brain.   

Edited by Essan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus
10 minutes ago, Essan said:

Deliberate manipulation of false memory syndrome by internet trolls.

The way it works is: they post a message saying, "Hey, you remember how in Captain Pugwash, there was a Seaman Stains, Master Bates and Roger the Cabin Boy?"   And everyone, who vaguely remembers the 1970 UK cartoon, sagely nods.   "Well, according to this [link to cartoon on youtube] their names were something completely different!   But I know they were Seaman Stain, Master Bates and Roger ...... !    And you all remembered it too!    So what the hell happened?    Must be the Mandela Effect :o  


 

One problem, I have the Monopoly box, and I REMEMBER the monopoly guy having a monocle. We have had the same box since i can remember and now the guy on the box doesn't have a monocle.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus
10 minutes ago, Essan said:

Another good example.

See, if you had asked me what colour the tip of his tail was, I wouldn't have had a clue.  But as soon as you said "black tipped" I conjured up in my mind a picture of him with just such a tail.   Now I am certain that that was the colour of his tail ...... So, when you reveal it was red, I am like OMG! :o

And i just asked him to describe Pikachu, i never asked "well, do you remember the black tip tail?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
1 minute ago, Chronus said:

One problem, I have the Monopoly box, and I REMEMBER the monopoly guy having a monocle. We have had the same box since i can remember and now the guy on the box doesn't have a monocle.

What made you remember that he wore a monocle?

Was it after someone else mentioned it?  ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus
10 minutes ago, Essan said:

What made you remember that he wore a monocle?

Was it after someone else mentioned it?  ;)

....yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Chronus said:

And i just asked him to describe Pikachu, i never asked "well, do you remember the black tip tail?"

But you did mention it to me - and it was then, and only then, that I remembered he had a black tipped tale - I can picture it perfectly now, even though I know it's not correct. 

That is how it works. 

Edited by Essan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus
11 minutes ago, Essan said:

But you did mention it to me - and it was then, and only then, that I remembered he had a black tipped tale - I can picture it perfectly now, even though I know it's not correct. 

That is how it works. 

wait could you not picture him with a black tipped tail?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Desertrat56
2 hours ago, Chronus said:

I just wanted to know you guys opinion on the Mandela Effect

We have a thread about it, just go read that.  You will see easily who believes it is real and who doesn't.

Here is one I started a while back.  Have fun.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus
15 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

We have a thread about it, just go read that.  You will see easily who believes it is real and who doesn't.

Here is one I started a while back.  Have fun.

 

 

Thank you

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist

One of things I recently learned is that when we remember something we actually go back and recall the last time we remembered it, not the initial time we experienced something.

Suppose we see a waterfall. Later on we tell somebody it. That time we recall the event that we experienced first hand. Then we tell another person about the waterfall. Now we are recalling the time we told someone about the waterfall and not the original event.

Now suppose we see a photograph of the waterfall. Then this affects our telling of the story because we might be seeing the waterfall with more or less flow. Or we do not realize that a tree has been undermined and is leaning over the waterfall. Maybe the photo was from before the visit we made. Or it is after the time we saw the waterfall. This is information that taints our memory of the waterfall.

Our recollections change over time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus
Just now, stereologist said:

One of things I recently learned is that when we remember something we actually go back and recall the last time we remembered it, not the initial time we experienced something.

Suppose we see a waterfall. Later on we tell somebody it. That time we recall the event that we experienced first hand. Then we tell another person about the waterfall. Now we are recalling the time we told someone about the waterfall and not the original event.

Now suppose we see a photograph of the waterfall. Then this affects our telling of the story because we might be seeing the waterfall with more or less flow. Or we do not realize that a tree has been undermined and is leaning over the waterfall. Maybe the photo was from before the visit we made. Or it is after the time we saw the waterfall. This is information that taints our memory of the waterfall.

Our recollections change over time.

I know

Ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
stereologist
3 minutes ago, Chronus said:

I know

Ty

So how can you or anyone be sure of small details such as a monocle or a tail color?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus
14 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So how can you or anyone be sure of small details such as a monocle or a tail color?

I can't, its a 50 50 chance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
papageorge1
3 hours ago, Chronus said:

I just wanted to know you guys opinion on the Mandela Effect

I am a believer and an experiencer. The Berenstein/Berenstain one is about the strongest one IMO. Also South America moving eastwards.

I had my own personal experience with the Flintstomes/Flinstones flip/flop which was near proof to me that this defies our straightforward understanding of how reality works.

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

 

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

 

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post and all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus looked back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Essentially impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Chronus
6 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am a believer and an experiencer. The Berenstein/Berenstain one is about the strongest one IMO. Also South America moving eastwards.

I had my own personal experience with the Flintstomes/Flinstones flip/flop which was near proof to me that this defies our straightforward understanding of how reality works.

 

On Aug 2, 2017 at about 16:40 EST, I was on reddit discussing the Flinstones/Flintstones flip on another thread. My position was that it is and always was the Flintstones. The guy sent me a reply saying at the time it was the Flinstones you could look at Wikipedia, and all official TV show and vitamin sites and it was always Flintstones; he used the word Flintstones in all four examples given.

 

I said 'I Know' you are confirming my point that it was always Flintstones.

 

Then when I was done with my reply and I looked up at his original post and all four 'Flintstones' had changed on my static display to 'Flinstones'. Did I just see it wrong?? I looked away and came back and it was 'Flintstones' again. I would just look away, blink, change my focus looked back and it would flip again. I was able to do this 6 or 7 times in under five minutes each time looking slowly and cautiously for this controversial 't' IN ALL FOUR PLACES. Essentially impossible to me that I made a mistake slowly and cautiously each time. I felt something was trying to wake me up.

 

Thats so freaky

 

I never had anything like that happen to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grey Area

I had one as well.  I got into a massive argument at a fancy dress party when someone came as Hoth Han Solo, they came in a brown Parker, I loved the original trilogy and had watched it tons of times and, still do, remember Hans parker being blue.  It’s brown.  I was wrong, luckily this was before smart phones and I was spared the instant humiliation.

Its just memory being completely unreliable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
4 hours ago, Chronus said:

I just wanted to know you guys opinion on the Mandela Effect

At the present moment in physics the quantum mechanics experiments they have produce unusual results leading to many physicists to believe that what is going on is extra dimensions. When it comes to extra dimensions at our scale then that is currently beyond the ability of physics to investigate. But when we read many Mandala experiences then extra dimensions could account for them.

Extra dimensions are not limited to physics, you can find ideas about them in mysticism going back several thousand years. And in mysticism, they exist to be used by God to guide us in our moral development.

Morality is an interesting topic because you`ll notice that each society has its own moral code. That isn`t morality, we need to focus on what God considers to be moral not human societies. In mysticism morality to God is about being an hedonist who enjoys pleasure.

From Gods perspective he has created a world for us to enjoy, and we are supposed to enjoy it. We are supposed to seek out whatever brings and pleasure and indulge in that pleasure. To frame it in a way easy to understand then if we pretend God doesnt know what pleasure is then our job is to show it. It watches us, and we need to consciously indulge in pleasure with the intention of doing so to show God what is good and pleasurable.

When we deny ourselves pleasure we get punished for not playing our role. If we look at what brings us misery in life then we can find a source of pleasure we are denying ourselves. And God makes us want that pleasure by subjecting us to that misery until we seek and indulge in it.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.