Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mandela Effect

Chronus

50 minutes ago, Emma_Acid said:

That isn't what I said. Not even close. Also, you might want to check your figures, because within a few posts you go from "a few hundred" to "1k plus".

I don't recall saying hundreds

10 hours ago, Chronus said:

Monopoly man

Mr Rodgers

A visit from St Nicholas

Nelson Mandela's death

Looney tunes

Jiffy peanut butter to name a few

Can you show they're affected?

7 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I feel you because i learned to read with Berenstein Bear books and drank maddog 2020 in highschool. I stll dont know what to make of the fact that people say that was never on the label because it clearly was. And when i went to the attic and pulled out my old books they said BerensTain on it. As a small child i had asked my dad how you would pronounce stein and was particularly intrigued with it an my dad said it was a jewish name and a lot of them are spelled that way. I definitely would have known if it had said sTain the question would have been "why is there a random capital?".

Then you should be able to show us these Berenstein Bear books.

7 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

I think some people are too firmly routed in the comfort of a solid reality that consists only of what they can immediately see that their brain actually seems to trick them into mentally dismissing and disregarding anything amiss. There are alot of those people here.

You can't accept reality is what you're saying.

8 hours ago, Chronus said:

Your saying 1k plus people are delusional

4 billion plus have imaginary friends.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, stereologist said:

Quite true. These hypothetical dimensions are undetected. Theory has them extremely small if they do exist.

QM describes the behavior of particles. It has been found to be an excellent description of particles.

No. There is nothing in mysticism that has been introduced into QM. That is what Murray Gell-Mann referred to as quantum flapdoodle.

The law of contact is not similar to quantum entanglement.

It doesnt have them extremely small.

You have read somewhere a view from a group of physicists as to why we haven`t detected them yet, not a fact. QM has nothing to do with the quantity of atoms, or the size of an object. Its about heat leakage. 1 atom leaks only the tiniest amount of heat out into the universe meaning the chances of it reaching you are incredibly small. Therefore it spends virtually all of its life behaving as a probability relative to you. An object made out of 100 atoms has the same problem. The only real time they arent behaving as probabilities is when a physicist has a power enough detection device to observe them, destroying their probabilities. QM is basically at its core probabilities science. Obviously there are more things in it then that but thats the key foundation. When something is behaving as a probability thats the point where the outcome of experiments indicates all the possible outcomes in that probability actually co-exist.

A cup is made out of trillions upon trillions of atoms so while the chances of heat energy leaking from one of its atoms to you is small, there are so many atoms that heat leakage from the object to you likely occurs. Therefore the cup doesnt behaviour quantum mechanically to you (its not behaving as a probability). You can get the cup to behave quantum mechanically, you can just cool it down to absolute zero so it doesnt have any heat energy to leak to you. This has been done in several macroscopic objects.

If you read up on the occult you will discover its not weirdos on the internet who think that they`re witches and vampires. Its simply pre-Newtonian science called Natural Philosophy. Back then they believed in non-local forces, they believed that two objects that had been in contact with each other retained a special link, and where did they get this stuff from? Well as they lacked the technological tools we have to do physics they relied a lot more on philosophy and religion to figure out how things worked. Those views lost favour with the scientific method that came into existence after Newton, but they never went away. While they were shelved what later happened is physicists discover many of them describe how small objects not leaking sufficient heat out into the universe worked. Many of them are indeed present at the core of quantum mechanics.

The law of contact (two things which have been in contact with each other retain a special link) is identical to quantum entanglement. The law of similarity (like attracts like) is identical to non-locality. There are several of them used in quantum mechanics and all that has happened is a rebranding of their names.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Chronus said:

Like I said... I have the monoponly box, its changed, so I have experienced it. And hundreds of people are miss remembering this as well?

No you haven't.

You have been given a false memory - you admitted it your self!

That is how the con works.   As already explained.   It's the same with all the other Mandela Effect claims.   You only remember the difference after someone else has mentioned it.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Chronus said:

I don't recall saying hundreds

It's literally on the previous page

11 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

It doesnt have them extremely small.

You have read somewhere a view from a group of physicists as to why we haven`t detected them yet, not a fact. QM has nothing to do with the quantity of atoms, or the size of an object. Its about heat leakage. 1 atom leaks only the tiniest amount of heat out into the universe meaning the chances of it reaching you are incredibly small. Therefore it spends virtually all of its life behaving as a probability relative to you. An object made out of 100 atoms has the same problem. The only real time they arent behaving as probabilities is when a physicist has a power enough detection device to observe them, destroying their probabilities. QM is basically at its core probabilities science. Obviously there are more things in it then that but thats the key foundation. When something is behaving as a probability thats the point where the outcome of experiments indicates all the possible outcomes in that probability actually co-exist.

A cup is made out of trillions upon trillions of atoms so while the chances of heat energy leaking from one of its atoms to you is small, there are so many atoms that heat leakage from the object to you likely occurs. Therefore the cup doesnt behaviour quantum mechanically to you (its not behaving as a probability). You can get the cup to behave quantum mechanically, you can just cool it down to absolute zero so it doesnt have any heat energy to leak to you. This has been done in several macroscopic objects.

If you read up on the occult you will discover its not weirdos on the internet who think that they`re witches and vampires. Its simply pre-Newtonian science called Natural Philosophy. Back then they believed in non-local forces, they believed that two objects that had been in contact with each other retained a special link, and where did they get this stuff from? Well as they lacked the technological tools we have to do physics they relied a lot more on philosophy and religion to figure out how things worked. Those views lost favour with the scientific method that came into existence after Newton, but they never went away. While they were shelved what later happened is physicists discover many of them describe how small objects not leaking sufficient heat out into the universe worked. Many of them are indeed present at the core of quantum mechanics.

The law of contact (two things which have been in contact with each other retain a special link) is identical to quantum entanglement. The law of similarity (like attracts like) is identical to non-locality. There are several of them used in quantum mechanics and all that has happened is a rebranding of their names.

These extra dimensions that have not been detected come from which theory? I really doubt you know. It's not QM - that's a hint.

This is laughable: "QM has nothing to do with the quantity of atoms, or the size of an object. Its about heat leakage. " Which comic book did this come from? Atoms don't leak heat.Is this from a Chick tract? This is just a hoot. This sounds like some dumb ass Chick tract comic book version of faux story telling.

Actually no: "you can just cool it down to absolute zero so it doesn't have any heat energy to leak to you. This has been done in several macroscopic objects." It is impossible to cool anything to 0K. It is possible to get very close but it is impossible to get to 0K. That's K for Kelvin.

And the rest of your story about QM and history before 1900 is just dumb, so dumb I can't believe it.

The law of contact is not even lose to quantum entanglement. Only a complete fool that thinks QM i about atoms leaking heat would say something that inane.

• Haha 1

Your eyes are not a camera and your memories are not static. You are not always seeing ehat you think you are and you are definitely not always remembering correctly. 

• Like 4

I can only imagine that cookie monster posted their ludicrous description of QM as a feeble attempt at a joke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I can only imagine that cookie monster posted their ludicrous description of QM as a feeble attempt at a joke.

Probably not.

26 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Probably not.

You guys bashing Cookie Monster?!

Just now, Chronus said:

You're new. You don't have the history with some of the members as many of us do. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

You're new. You don't have the history with some of the members as many of us do. 

Oh

Ohh the Mandela Effect.. this is a tricky one for me.. as I have a mandela episode in my head.. still working out if my memory is bunk or not..

For me its Willy Wonka and the boat trip scene.. I have no memory at all of the chickens head being cut off.. now I have seen this movie a number of times.. but a few years ago I was talking to the ex and her kids about movies that scared us and one of her boys said that Willy Wonka for them was scary because of that scene.. we had a bit of a argument about it.. me saying it was not in the movie.. they saying it was.. so I had to look it up and see LOL.. 

So is my memory wrong or is this a mandela effect moment.. quit the conundrum..

44 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Ohh the Mandela Effect.. this is a tricky one for me.. as I have a mandela episode in my head.. still working out if my memory is bunk or not..

For me its Willy Wonka and the boat trip scene.. I have no memory at all of the chickens head being cut off.. now I have seen this movie a number of times.. but a few years ago I was talking to the ex and her kids about movies that scared us and one of her boys said that Willy Wonka for them was scary because of that scene.. we had a bit of a argument about it.. me saying it was not in the movie.. they saying it was.. so I had to look it up and see LOL.. 

So is my memory wrong or is this a mandela effect moment.. quit the conundrum..

I didn't know that...

3 hours ago, Chronus said:

The description of QM is completely wrong. It was so wrong it is completely unrelated to the ideas of QM.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

Pretty sure he's that delusional, he even claims he can see decoherence occurring.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Pretty sure he's that delusional, he even claims he can see decoherence occurring.

Whats decoherence?

And I know I am not a mod but can we not call people delusional

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Fig1-640x466.jpg

This is the last time I do others homework. :rolleyes:

I don't get it but nevermind I guess

• Like 2