Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Get the real information for voting by mail

Desertrat56

https://ivn.us/posts/want-to-vote-by-mail-anti-corruption-group-launches-resource-to-counter-disinformation-and-confusion?

The above link has more links if you are interested in getting the real information you need in order to vote by mail.

FLORENCE, MASS. - Elections officials in the US are expecting a surge in absentee votes in the 2020 election as the US continues to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. To provide voters with the resources they need to request and send a ballot by mail, the national anti-corruption group

RepresentUs launched a new toolkit to dispel disinformation and confusion ahead of November.

The interactive online tool, which launched Thursday, provides the information voters need in every state to vote absentee, including the application process and mail-in deadlines.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

https://ivn.us/posts/want-to-vote-by-mail-anti-corruption-group-launches-resource-to-counter-disinformation-and-confusion?

The above link has more links if you are interested in getting the real information you need in order to vote by mail.

Hope they check out everyone`s identification that mails the vote.

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

The interactive online tool, which launched Thursday, provides the information voters need in every state to vote absentee, including the application process and mail-in deadlines.

You do realize that this info is for routine, long established procedures for Absentee voting, right?  The reason I ask is that the anger and frustration surrounding the plans the DNC are trying to implement are most definitely NOT as secure as Absentee balloting.  

They call it "universal vote by mail".  Here's a deep dive to explain what the concerns are.  I don't think it is irrational at all to be concerned about implementing a system that is much easier to cheat and to do so a few weeks prior to one of the most critical elections we've had in decades.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/14/timmerman-why-the-democrats-want-universal-mail-in-ballots/

Patterson, NJ used something similar to this and after about 6 weeks had passed and there was still no decision because ballots were lost, misdirected and so forth, a judge ordered them to have a do-over.  Imagine that happening in November.  It will be CHAOS and it will benefit Democrats because if no decision is reached by January 20th, either Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Grassley will become president.  This could be avoided if the Dems would simply stick with the system that is in use now.  They very clearly do not intend to have citizens mail in or otherwise request ballots.  They are going to do a mass mailing from the voter registry and in many cases those registries have not been purged for years.  The last number I heard bounced around was approximately 50 million unsolicited ballots will be sent to mailboxes and while they SAY these ballots are safe because they've been signed, did I mention we're talking about 50 MILLION paper ballots flooding into state election organizations?

I predict that if the Left demand that this system be used, at best we will see weeks pass before we know who won.  At worst, there will be NO CONSENSUS due to ballots not being signed or spoiled by some other mechanism and we will literally be at each other's throats.  IT IS NOT NECESSARY to take this risk at this point.  There's still 2 1/2 months for citizens to request an absentee ballot and to return it.  If 2016 should have taught us anything, wouldn't it be that we need to find a system EVERYONE can feel confident about using?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

In New Mexico it is a three part process.  You request a mail in ballot, you get a form in the mail, fill that out and mail it in, then when it's ready they mail you the ballot. 

thats what we do in florida. first you have to be registered, but at any time you can request to vote by mail.  I am signed up for mail and before every election i get a ballot mailed to me. I can go on our county website and ask for a ballot for one election or ask to be set to ongoing vote by mail. So i don't have to request a ballot each election, i will automatically get it.  Then I complete the ballot, sign a declaration, and seal the envelope, sign over the seal, and they compare that signature to my registration card.  I can log on after i mail it and check the status to see when it was received and if there is a challenge.  If I decide i do not want to mail it in, i can just show up to the polls and vote, or hand in my completed mail in ballot. Been that way for years here. The moron in chief is trying to tell people that he uses an absentee ballot not a mail in ballot.  In florida as in most states they are the same thing. There are a few states left, who still require a reason to request a mail in ballot, and the term absentee ballot is used.  Trump is just lying.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

Hope they check out everyone`s identification that mails the vote.

There is no need.  They send a ballot to the registered voter with a bar code specific to each individual so it's nearly impossible to counterfeit a ballot. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

There is no need.  They send a ballot to the registered voter with a bar code specific to each individual so it's nearly impossible to counterfeit a ballot. 

Also a signature is required that must match the signature on the registration card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seanjo said:

How can they?

My state has a pin number on everyone's voter registration card.  You use that pin number as proof of ID when doing mail-in/absentee voting.  (Can also just put your driver's license number as well.)

It's almost as if we have been doing mail in voting for decades and worked out simple issues like this already.

• Like 3

Just now, Gromdor said:

My state has a pin number on everyone's voter registration card.  You use that pin number as proof of ID when doing mail-in/absentee voting.  (Can also just put your driver's license number as well.)

It's almost as if we have been doing mail in voting for decades and worked out simple issues like this already.

Yeah, since the civil war, so lots of decades.

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yeah, since the civil war, so lots of decades.

The truly sad thing is that people have to deliberately dumb themselves down to believe Trump's claims on this matter.  I've only not voted by mail twice in my entire life.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, aztek said:

north korea has elections too

And no mail in voting......   They reportedly have a "No" box and if you place a ballot in there or refuse to vote, it is treason.

Let's not be like North Korea.

2 hours ago, seanjo said:

How can they?

A law, people have to put in the mailing vote, a copy of their identification. Democrats don't want voter id:(

Yet! at the Democrat rally they want every one to enter in with a driver license and a identification:huh:

Edited by docyabut2

29 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

A law, people have to put in the mailing vote, a copy of their identification. Democrats don't want voter id:(

Yet! at the Democrat rally they want every one to enter in with a driver license and a identification:huh:

Did the democrats have a rally?

4 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Did the democrats have a rally?

the DNC.2020 Democratic National Convention

Edited by docyabut2

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

How does this work if voter rolls haven't been purged and, as is the case in Cali, there are 1.5 MILLION more ballots than live voters or voters who no longer reside there?  I'm being ignored by the OP because I'm telling a very inconvenient truth about what the Dems are going to do.  There are many examples of this operation being fraught with potential to cheat.  We are talking about millions of votes that will have to be visually inspected - usually by the party who controls the state government.  NO ONE is going to convince me that this isn't a planned and designed train wreck.  Biden's campaign has retained SIX HUNDRED ATTORNEYS to do battle in these states.  Before this is over there will be half-assed low rent "judges" that will rule that EVERY VOTE must be counted whether it can be validated or not.  This has already happened in a primary in Patterson NJ.  That got so complicated, a judge decided to make them do it over.  He doesn't even have to win for the Democrats to wind up in the Oval Office.  If a decision isn't rendered by January 20th, the Speaker of the House gets the job.  If that happens things are going to get really ugly and it could have been avoided.

1 minute ago, and then said:

How does this work if voter rolls haven't been purged and, as is the case in Cali, there are 1.5 MILLION more ballots than live voters or voters who no longer reside there?  I'm being ignored by the OP because I'm telling a very inconvenient truth about what the Dems are going to do.  There are many examples of this operation being fraught with potential to cheat.  We are talking about millions of votes that will have to be visually inspected - usually by the party who controls the state government.  NO ONE is going to convince me that this isn't a planned and designed train wreck.  Biden's campaign has retained SIX HUNDRED ATTORNEYS to do battle in these states.  Before this is over there will be half-assed low rent "judges" that will rule that EVERY VOTE must be counted whether it can be validated or not.  This has already happened in a primary in Patterson NJ.  That got so complicated, a judge decided to make them do it over.  He doesn't even have to win for the Democrats to wind up in the Oval Office.  If a decision isn't rendered by January 20th, the Speaker of the House gets the job.  If that happens things are going to get really ugly and it could have been avoided.

I can't speak for states that don't make an effort to keep roles up to date, but am not convinced it would be a huge problem.  I certainly wouldn't fill out someone elses ballot and send it in because if you get are caught you will go to prison for a year and lose your right to vote forever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

you should be ignored because what you are saying is not true. California distributes applications for ballots not ballots until the application is approved.  now spin that for trumpo

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

I can't speak for states that don't make an effort to keep roles up to date, but am not convinced it would be a huge problem.  I certainly wouldn't fill out someone elses ballot and send it in because if you get are caught you will go to prison for a year and lose your right to vote forever.

Yet it happens regularly.  Let me leave it at this... after watching these corrupt thugs for the past 4 years and seeing their absolute shamelessness and willingness to do ANYTHING to remove him... do you really imagine they'd blanch at some old fashioned ballot stuffing?  I'll say it again.  This is NOT like an orderly procedure that is well established.  I'd bet my last possession that if this plan is rammed through, it will destroy the credibility of the process.  They don't need to produce thousands of extra ballots in just the right precinct to be successful at removing him from office.  They just have to delay the outcome until January 20 of 2021, OR tie the results up in litigation (remember the 600 lawyers Joe has on staff?) until a court rules and decides who the president will be.  If they do it, they are well and truly sowing the wind.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, micahc said:

you should be ignored because what you are saying is not true. California distributes applications for ballots not ballots until the application is approved.  now spin that for trumpo

The article that you ignored clearly explained that this process would cover several states, not just the People's Republic of Mexifornia.  It also CLEARLY states that the rules/procedures for absentee ballots are not the same as "universal mail in".  Millions of ballots will be generated and mailed to last known address with an assumption that the voter isn't currently dead.  It is a scheme designed to cheat and ignorant punks don't make much of a case against the evidence.  There are 60 million Americans who have been pushed to the damned limit and this scam may be what sets it all on fire.

• Like 2

Thread cleaned

Enough with this ridiculous "comrade" / "paid Russian troll" nonsense folks - it's childish and a complete cop out.

If you can't argue your case without calling someone a Russian troll, then you have no argument.

• Thanks 4

@seanjo  You are the only  non-U.S. person on this thread and all you seem to want to do is argue.  Please, accept that you don't know what this thread is about.  Notice it has been cleaned?

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

Plus in our state they check the signature on the inner envelop against  DL signature on file.

3 minutes ago, micahc said:

LOL  are you for real?

the right to search the north America for fracking of oil  and not depend on the middle eastern for oil .

how hard would it be to vote by mail, and also vote in person 2nd time? that is in addition of people voting several times in person, that we know for a fact did happen.

Edited by aztek

49 minutes ago, seanjo said:

But people can be coerced into voting for a party. That's the point and that's what has happened in the past.

Especially the elderly. They are vulnerable and the perfect victim.