Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

An Unexpected Ectoplasmic Defence

Chickadee1948

Here’s my final presentation for those who are interested...

Let’s look at how we use science today to solve an important life and death issue like Covid transmission. Is Covid-19 a surface pandemic spread by our hands, or an airborne pandemic spread by breathing [exhalation and inhalation]?

Theoretical scientists operate in the abstract world and do not experience science, so their understanding of reality is quite different from the experimental scientist. A practical, or what I like to call ‘a working scientist’, explores new ground by collecting the right bits of physical reality, bringing them together under specific conditions in a physical lab, and studying the new relationships he has created in order to understand the laws that command them.  

As a lifelong safety professional I’ve studied the dispersion of airborne particles by taking samples of room air, and surface swabs, in rooms and areas where patients who were given radioactive tracers were housed, and then released them back into the nearby environment, much like a patient infected with a respiratory virus. I know from past experience how airborne particles move, and they all move pretty much in the same way whether they’re radioactive tracers, viral droplets, smoke or spray paint particles, because the are all aerosols [very fine mists] and subject to the same natural dispersive forces.

Physical labs are not always available or practical. A virtual lab is an imaginary place where we conduct imaginary experiments or trials, that would otherwise be very difficult or physically impossible to perform.  We use established facts to set up the lab, and then we can use it to sort out competing processes, like viral infections for example.

When the Covid-19 pandemic was announced in March, I used a virtual lab instead of a physical lab to sort out which method of Covid-19 infection dominates, inhalation or hand contamination? Those  governments that have erroneously labeled it as a hand pandemic, instead of an respiratory pandemic, and instituted social engineering measures instead of preventative measures like face masks, are now suffering major second wave infections that have dwarfed the first wave, Florida, Texas, Arizona, California, etc...

For this study my virtual lab mimics a real life situation like a normal hospital corridor with handrails, where we place an imaginary patient infected with a respiratory virus like Covid-19. The corridor has a typical ventilation rate of one air exchange an hour, with standard temp, humidity, and pressure.  

If our virtual patent infected with Covid-19 walks along this hallway he will leave a trail of viral contamination behind.  He releases a viral aerosol by: exhaling, coughing, and sneezing as he works his way up the hallway. When infected we produce about 44% more mucus that normal.  The National Institute of Health in the USA has studied aerosols, and released its report in the New England Journal of Medicine back in March.  It found that the larger droplets travelling in the aerosol are so heavy that they fall quickly to the floor and other surfaces, but the smaller microdroplets that behave like a fine mist will remain suspended or airborne for up to 3 hours.

So both the air and the handrails in our virtual hospital hallway have become contaminated by our virtual patient, who exits the contaminated corridor.  

About half an hour later, we send a virtual healthy person up the same hallway, without any protection. As he walks the hallway he inhales the leftover airborne virus directly into his warm moist lungs where infection is likely depending on the viral load he has taken in. Our respiratory system is lined with an epithelial layer that is moist, warm and friendly to viruses, so the microbe begins to colonize immediately. Our patient also uses the contaminated handrails as he walks, and his bare hands pick up the viral droplets left behind. When he exits the hallway both his lungs and hands have picked up the COVID microbe. The microbes in his lungs are already colonizing because lungs are moist and warm, but the microbes on his unfriendly hands will require a second stage of transmission, whereby the owner brings them up to his face and makes contact with more sensitive facial tissues before the microbe is transferred.

We conclude that an inhaled virus is much more direct and effective at infecting us than contaminated hands, because hands still have to touch our face in just the right spots to transfer the microbe in order to start the infection process, lowering the probability of infection.

So this was an example of abstract science, but it is no less valuable in understanding the mechanisms in play.

• Haha 1

I havent tossed in my 2 cents here because of the fact i cant get this out of my mind when i see the subject line,

index(3).jpg.ce49261752d664ed048e97d2dc4d1ee6.jpg

im bored my OCD and depression fighting it out in my so called mind, i clicked and read your details..your subcoscience attacked with...oh lordy no,

So you had some nocturnal emission, its not paranormal it might be a indication you need a date,  ill just skip right past where i was gonna ask if you saved any ectoplasum for testing.

Feel free to group me in with piney and xeno.

Hey 13bats, that bit of  sloppy bat poop was totally uncalled for. My bats are toilet trained, and only poop in one designated area, but you seem to like pooping everywhere you please. Is this an addiction for you? Unfortunately, your mindless antics have raised the coliform count on this board beyond a healthy limit so be sure to flush your brain before you come here again. And yes, your pernicious ignorance is on a par with pineyego and xenogirl.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Chickadee1948 said:

So this was an example of abstract science, but it is no less valuable in understanding the mechanisms in play.

That looks like the application of science, not 'abstract' science whatever that is.  The 'mechanisms at play' are just regular science; the behavior of aerosols in the air, our physiology, the behavior of viruses, pathology - these mechanisms have all been scientifically studied.  That we then conclude that you're more at risk in certain situations of infection from inhalation versus hand contact is a conclusion from that, but I don't see how that helps us understand the mechanisms themselves, the arrow is going the other way.

I'm never going to find out about the ether I guess, which was part of the reason I thought why you believe science is more about democracy and 'beliefs' than pure reason as you argued in your previous presentation.  I'll assume then that this is not a good example of what you are referring to there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chickadee1948 said:

Hey 13bats, that bit of  sloppy bat poop was totally uncalled for. My bats are toilet trained, and only poop in one designated area, but you seem to like pooping everywhere you please. Is this an addiction for you? Unfortunately, your mindless antics have raised the coliform count on this board beyond a healthy limit so be sure to flush your brain before you come here again. And yes, your pernicious ignorance is on a par with pineyego and xenogirl.

You are a keeper of bats, please do post a picture of their habitat, or was that more of your delusion and make believe?

I expected no less from a guy who soils his bed and calls it paramormal, you are typical.

Perhaps rubber sheets and a box of Depends would get you thru the night.

58 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

That looks like the application of science, not 'abstract' science whatever that is.  The 'mechanisms at play' are just regular science; the behavior of aerosols in the air, our physiology, the behavior of viruses, pathology - these mechanisms have all been scientifically studied.  That we then conclude that you're more at risk in certain situations of infection from inhalation versus hand contact is a conclusion from that, but I don't see how that helps us understand the mechanisms themselves, the arrow is going the other way.

I'm never going to find out about the ether I guess, which was part of the reason I thought why you believe science is more about democracy and 'beliefs' than pure reason as you argued in your previous presentation.  I'll assume then that this is not a good example of what you are referring to there.

For me, "abstract science" is the virtual lab itself because it's a non-physical space, that I create and set up with established technical facts, eg: normal temps, humidity and pressure, and ventilation rate. I guess the established technical facts I use are what you label as science. So be it, I won't argue semantics.

As for the elusive ether.....all you had to do was Google it, but here it is!  I'm still digesting his ideas, and do not agree with all his work.  

519A1LIssJL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chickadee1948 said:

For me, "abstract science" is the virtual lab itself because it's a non-physical space, that I create and set up with established technical facts, eg: normal temps, humidity and pressure, and ventilation rate. I guess the established technical facts I use are what you label as science. So be it, I won't argue semantics.

Maybe I'm with you on that, I don't know if I'd go that far, I don't know if we should consider a mere temperature reading 'science'. But the mere noting of these technical facts doesn't mean much on its own, it's the observation and patterns seen in the behavior of what's being studied based on how how these factors work together, and how changes in these technical facts affect it, etc; that's the science part in my view.

18 minutes ago, Chickadee1948 said:

As for the elusive ether.....all you had to do was Google it, but here it is!  I'm still digesting his ideas, and do not agree with all his work.  

I did google it, I just thought there was more to it; I think in this day and age that when a scientific hypothesis doesn't merit a wikipedia page, it's considered in a general sense 'obscure', including by those with expertise.  Remember, this was the context for this: 

I think you missed my point, which states that science is produced democratically, and is therefore more likely to be the outcome of our beliefs, rather than pure, reason which can be very difficult to live with. The all pervasive ether is a good example, where it was dismissed democratically by the majority of scientists, while other scientists like James DeMeo for example, have been working with the ether for decades. Science is merely a very limited tool to understand reality, and is not reality itself. 

This is not a good example then, you don't agree with all of it and since you haven't digested it all it implies it's premature for you to cite this as an example at all.  When you abstract the idea of scientific consensus as 'democracy' you're trying to carry along with it how that term is used in politics. I don't disagree that our political views and who we vote for is largely the outcome of our beliefs instead of pure reason, but that's because of the nature of the political arena, which is different than science.  We teach heliocentrism in school, that is also the result of a very similar 'democracy' but was not 'therefore more likely to be the outcome of our beliefs rather than reason'; on the contrary it's supported solidly by reason.  Thus you haven't ruled out in the case of the ether that the scientific 'democracy' came to its conclusions because of reason either.  We need to first show that this (mostly solo ( >> red flag #1 ) ) scientist is correct about the ether with evidence, and then once the 'democracy' reviews it and still rejects it we can start looking into there being other less rational motivations for their consensus.  As it is right now though even you seem to be on the fence about it, so it doesn't support your idea that scientific consensus is 'more likely' the outcome of mere beliefs.

7 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

This is not a good example then, you don't agree with all of it and since you haven't digested it all it implies it's premature for you to cite this as an example at all. 

Mature enough.

I will parse it more carefully...I agree with the concept of an ether or many forms of ethers, but not sure I agree with his particular variety. I gave him as a valid example of someone working with the ether [unspecified] today, because he claims he can prove it exists, and I respect the work of his predecessor Wilhelm Reich.

7 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

We teach heliocentrism in school, that is also the result of a very similar 'democracy' but was not 'therefore more likely to be the outcome of our beliefs rather than reason'; on the contrary it's supported solidly by reason. 

..."on the contrary it's supported solidly by reason", ....did you try to convince me earlier that reason is not enough, because science demands solid evidence.

Here's a bit of solid evidence....at last count, there are roughly 2.5 times as many handguns in the USA as there are people. The first line of defence in an airborne pandemic like Covid-19 is not a handgun, but a face mask. The US faces a risky future because of the pandemic unless it learns now what the people of Wuhan knew immediately when the pandemic was first announced. Face masks protect everyone when everyone wears them. If every US handgun is turned in for a face mask, you will eliminate violence threat and the Covid-19 threat with one healing action.

21 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

The 'mechanisms at play' are just regular science; the behavior of aerosols in the air, our physiology, the behavior of viruses, pathology - these mechanisms have all been scientifically studied....but I don't see how that helps us understand the mechanisms themselves, the arrow is going the other way.

Firstly, maybe we need to agree on what is science and what isn't? To me, science is the cutting edge of reason that explores the multiverse, but once the science of something has been accomplished, ie: explored, studied, understood, debated, and voted on, it passes into the realm of everyday technology. I think electronics is a good example of science being distilled into technology.

We can debate whether some of the parameters I use in my virtual lab like: temperature, pressure, humidity, etc... are scientific or technical factors, but you're wrong when you say that "these mechanism have all been scientifically studied". If mainstream science woke up to its responsibilities to the the people who support it, science would have conducted furious research to solve some of the basic Covid problems. Most people are not aware that the USA is still in denial that Covid-19 is airborne for crying out loud. Denial allows the hidden powers that control government to bring in social engineering measures to test the resistance of the population to being manipulated. Those very few of us who actually study the mechanisms that transmit the virus, have put all mainstream research institutions to shame. The CDC is a political, not a scientific organization.

Back to the parameters which I use to run my virtual lab. Let's take humidity for example. When humidity decreases, we see an increase in airborne microbes, because the water droplets containing the viral load of microbes, will shrink producing smaller microdroplets that will remain suspended in air for much longer than the larger droplets that fall quickly. On low humidity days the risk of inhalation increases dramatically as more of the virus becomes airborne. Because it is not groundbreaking work, I consider this type of routine research, ie: varying different parameters to see the effect, as working with technology rather than science.

On 9/4/2020 at 3:33 AM, Chickadee1948 said:

As a lifelong safety professional I’ve studied the dispersion of airborne particles by taking samples of room air, and surface swabs, in rooms and areas where patients who were given radioactive tracers were housed, and then released them back into the nearby environment, much like a patient infected with a respiratory virus. I know from past experience how airborne particles move, and they all move pretty much in the same way whether they’re radioactive tracers, viral droplets, smoke or spray paint particles, because the are all aerosols [very fine mists] and subject to the same natural dispersive forces.

Did you do any lab tests on the ectoplasm that got in your eye?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rlyeh said:

Did you do any lab tests on the ectoplasm that got in your eye?

That's an excellent question, thanks Rlyeh. The short answer is no, but the long answer may surprise you.

How do our bodies release ectoplasmic energy which is not living matter? When activated in an emergency, does it come out of our eyes as Rlyeh suggests, or our mouths, pores, or chakras? According to ancient Hindu teachings, the etheric layer of energy that sheaths our bodies, is a very thin layer, 1/4 inch (?) of prana, chi, or orgone energy [depending on your cultural background]. Normally it sits on the surface on the physical body separating it from the our astral bodies. If I were to consciously try to organize my etheric matter in order to use it for some real application, I really wouldn't know where to start. I'm not sure that my subconscious mind would be willing to show me how to use my etheric matter either, since it's obviously a great human secret, closely guarded and rarely seen, or discussed. 

Immediately after impact with the branch, my dark adapted eyes saw a thin ribbon of silver light moving away from me, that grew into massive display of grey blue bioluminescence hovering over the tree trunk lying on the ground. When I walked around the tree to get to its trunk, I noticed shiny silver threads, not unlike spider silk, laying over the branches, and I gave it a wide berth to avoid disturbing it. So it wasn't a question of the event taking place inside my head as Rlyeh suggested, because the visible evidence was in fact scattered on the landscape.

image.png.20f911d8c0e4a90aeadf46b44d60069b.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Chickadee1948 said:

Immediately after impact with the branch, my dark adapted eyes saw a thin ribbon of silver light moving away from me, that grew into massive display of grey blue bioluminescence hovering over the tree trunk lying on the ground. When I walked around the tree to get to its trunk, I noticed shiny silver threads, not unlike spider silk, laying over the branches, and I gave it a wide berth to avoid disturbing it. So it wasn't a question of the event taking place inside my head as Rlyeh suggested, because the visible evidence was in fact scattered on the landscape.

Wow, so you got smacked by a tree and saw starts (visual distortions). 

If you’re looking at a tree, your retina converts that image of a tree into nerve signals that travel from the retina through the optical nerve to the brain. Your occipital lobe processes those signals so your brain recognizes that image as a tree.

If you get hit on the head, the tissue in your occipital lobe gets shaken up. Brain cells then send out random electrical impulses, which your brain interprets as flashes of light that may seem like stars

https://www.healthline.com/health/seeing-stars-in-vision#causes

• Thanks 2

On 9/6/2020 at 6:59 AM, XenoFish said:

Wow, so you got smacked by a tree and saw starts (visual distortions). 

If you’re looking at a tree, your retina converts that image of a tree into nerve signals that travel from the retina through the optical nerve to the brain. Your occipital lobe processes those signals so your brain recognizes that image as a tree.

If you get hit on the head, the tissue in your occipital lobe gets shaken up. Brain cells then send out random electrical impulses, which your brain interprets as flashes of light that may seem like stars

https://www.healthline.com/health/seeing-stars-in-vision#causes

Pressure to the eye can also cause phosphenes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphene

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/25/2020 at 9:53 AM, Chickadee1948 said:

On a warm and moonless October night in 2018, I had an accidental collision with a fallen ash tree on my property that triggered an ectoplasmic experience.

While many journeys of the human soul take a lifetime to complete, this very short journey took less than an hour. It started early one morning around 4:00 AM when I made a bathroom visit, after which I found myself wide awake. Since it was a warm October night, I decided to put on my bathrobe and walk down to a small glen on my property, where my dowsing surveys had detected lines of electromagnetic energy emerging from the landscape. These ground energies are strongest at sunrise, and I wanted to experience a meditation under these special conditions.

It was a moonless night, and I felt relaxed as my sleepy feet led me down into the glen. Suddenly, something out of the darkness punched me in the face, stopping me in my tracks. As I stood in shock, it took a couple of seconds to realize that I had walked into some tree branches belonging to the tree that my son and I had cut down a few days before. The impact around my eyes produced what looked like electrical discharges from my optic nerve, and after they quieted down I saw a thin silver ribbon emerge and move away from me. When I walked around the tree lying on the ground to see what had happened, I saw how the silver ribbon had grown into a huge display of bioluminescence. It looked like a cloud about one inch thick, and hovering passively over the entire length of the tree trunk, producing a faint grayish-blue light that shimmered.

As I knelt beside the bioluminescence to study it,  a feeling of quiet reverence, like being in the presence of something sacred, swept over me. I knew somehow that what I was observing was so extraordinary that it did not belong to ordinary reality. The bioluminescence looked like it came out of the fallen ash tree, and I assumed too quickly that it was a form of subtle energy that had emerged as the tree lay dying.

Most hero’s journeys seem to be about human spirit falling into matter, but this journey hurled me, holus bolus [subconscious et al], from the darkness of the glen into the world of cosmic light.

I would chase that sacred light for the next year, from the raggedy edge of science to the deepest historic accounts of occultism.

I needed to know the nature of that light, and I investigated many sources of naturally occurring bioluminescence, including Wilhelm Reich’s orgone energy. That sojourn revealed the life cycle of bions, and the all pervasive [divine] ether that fills the cosmos. I consulted orgone energy expert James DeMeo, but his explanation did not advance a solution I could live with.

After exhausting all scientific explanations, I finally found relevant information that described my experience with good accuracy in occult material provided by the Theosophical Society. I learned that the bioluminescence that I had stared at in the dark, and attributed to the fallen tree, was in fact an integral part of me released to defend me when I thought I was being attacked in the dark. My subconscious mind had risen up and deployed a secret weapon to defend me in a moment of crisis when the branch punched my face..

The Etheric Double, by A. E. Powell describes my etheric double perfectly, and provides many examples of instances where a person has been able to disconnect their etheric matter and use it to see into, or even travel to other world’s.  In 1848, the Fox sisters introduced spirituality to the world, and those who took up the movement were able to connect with and use their etheric energy to produce spiritual phenomenon in many ways, some genuinely and some not . The rest is history.

Summing up: I believe that when I came under attack in total darkness on my property that night, my powerful subconscious mind immediately rose up to defend  me, by releasing my etheric layer, that is normally interposed between my physical and astral bodies, and projecting it against my assailant to cover and stop the attack with my grayish-blue bioluminescence.

That unexpected hero’s journey into darkness to find the light, opened unseen doors into  how I’m constructed, and how I work on deeper levels, without my conscious knowledge, and more importantly perhaps, without my direct control.

webthrow2.jpg

Is this the only place you've posted this?

55 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Is this the only place you've posted this?

No. You, and anyone interested in more info are welcome to visit my blog on: 

http://www.depthpsychologyalliance.com/profiles/blogs/witnessing-tree-spirits?xg_source=activity&xg_raw_resources=1

Interesting... Because I have heard this story before. Not from your blog.

1 hour ago, Chronus said:

My subconscious mind had risen up and deployed a secret weapon to defend me in a moment of crisis when the branch punched my face..

Crisis? 

Now I am a believer in a whole lot of things. But your body let off a ectoplasmic defense because you walked into a tree branch?

Why, I know you could've been scared, but when I am scared glowy stuff never came out of me,

44 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Crisis? 

Now I am a believer in a whole lot of things. But your body let off a ectoplasmic defense because you walked into a tree branch?

Why, I know you could've been scared, but when I am scared glowy stuff never came out of me,

But Chronus, this is at the etheric level that we don't see with our physical eyes.

It's about how our body responds to unknown physical shocks that could be life threatening.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

But Chronus, this is at the etheric level that we don't see with our physical eyes.

It's about how our body responds to unknown physical shocks that could be life threatening.

I'll let you have that one.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Crisis? 

Crisis?....Take a good look at the context, and you will recognize the crisis. If you step into my slippers and bathrobe, and walk out into the dark night at 4:00 AM, all alone, and half asleep, and then something hard hits your face from out of nowhere, [surprise!], sending your conscious mind into helpless chaos, and your subconscious mind to defend you with whatever defences it may have secretly stored for just such a crisis moment. I bet you'd suddenly feel like your life was in grave danger, and you won't know what's going on around you in total darkness. Try it, but I think the element of surprise is key to releasing the magic of the event. 

Maybe you just haven't been hit hard enough. Keep trying...:tu:

• Haha 1

Chronus I have you on ignore, but I highly suggest that you take the OP of this thread with a major grain of salt. Just my advice, just a tip, do whatever you wish. 

From his description he hit himself so hard that he saw 'stars' and fight or flight kicked in. With that I am out. Nothing to be gained here.

(just to let you know, I can read your post when people quote you)

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Chronus I have you on ignore, but I highly suggest that you take the OP of this thread with a major grain of salt. Just my advice, just a tip, do whatever you wish. 

From his description he hit himself so hard that he saw 'stars' and fight or flight kicked in. With that I am out. Nothing to be gained here.

3rd time off ignore:lol:

12 minutes ago, Chickadee1948 said:

Crisis?....Take a good look at the context, and you will recognize the crisis. If you step into my slippers and bathrobe, and walk out into the dark night at 4:00 AM, all alone, and half asleep, and then something hard hits your face from out of nowhere, [surprise!], sending your conscious mind into helpless chaos, and your subconscious mind to defend you with whatever defences it may have secretly stored for just such a crisis moment. I bet you'd suddenly feel like your life was in grave danger, and you won't know what's going on around you in total darkness. Try it, but I think the element of surprise is key to releasing the magic of the event. 

Maybe you just haven't been hit hard enough. Keep trying...:tu:

I mean, she walked into a branch... It might scare you for a second but it wouldn't be bad.

10 minutes ago, Chronus said:

3rd time off ignore:lol:

I got you beat I’m sure...LOL

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I got you beat I’m sure...LOL

How many times have you been on the list?

• Haha 1