Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Most Mysterious Song On The Internet

Chronus

I would like to know what you think on "The Most Mysterious Song On The Internet"

its a song that the internet has discovered has come from Germany but no one knows who wrote it, or who sung it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Link?

here

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Thank you...

kinda catchy

• Like 1

What is this ? Some sort of viral marketing advert for the song ? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

What is this ? Some sort of viral marketing advert for the song ? 

No one has ever claimed the song so I doubt its a marketing stunt

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chronus said:

I would like to know what you think on "The Most Mysterious Song On The Internet"

its a song that the internet has discovered has come from Germany but no one knows who wrote it, or who sung it.

Wait, "the internet" is a person?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

So, the mystery is who wrote it and performed it?  It is so cheesy and trite, who cares?

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

So, the mystery is who wrote it and performed it?  It is so cheesy and trite, who cares?

Apparently alot of people care

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Apparently alot of people care

Well, I guess who ever "the internet" is cares and that is the most sought after authority nowadays.  :lol: 

This is a good example of an internet virus, something someone posted that went "viral", meaning a lot of people re-posted it for fun or for what ever reason.  Doesn't make it important or real.

There's an article on Wiki about this.

According to a Rolling Stone article in September 2019, a man named Darius S. recorded the song in 1984, from a radio program called Musik Für Junge Leute ("music for young people") that he listened to on the German public radio station NDR.[1] According to Darius, he recorded the song on a tape labeled "Cassette #4", along with songs from XTC and the Cure that were also released around 1984. Further evidence that supports this as being the earliest possible airing date was the Technics tape deck that he most likely used to record the song on, which was manufactured in 1984 as well.[1] To get clean recordings of songs he purposefully did not include presentations of radio hosts, which is why the air date and the name is unknown.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Most_Mysterious_Song_on_the_Internet#:~:text="The Most Mysterious Song on the Internet" (also known,name%2C and original record date

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/most-mysterious-song-on-the-internet-885106/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Chronus, are you trying to promte your 'mysterious' song?

Its not my song,

13 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

There's an article on Wiki about this.

Wow, i didn't actually know there was a wiki page for it,

thanks,

you found out more then i have in the videos i have seen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chronus said:

Wow, i didn't actually know there was a wiki page for it,

thanks,

you found out more then i have in the videos i have seen

I searched on Google for  "The Most Mysterious Song On The Internet" 

If you're interested give it a try, there's a lot of results to look at.

12 minutes ago, Still Waters said:

I searched on Google for  "The Most Mysterious Song On The Internet" 

If you're interested give it a try, there's a lot of results to look at.

I've just looked it up on yt

13 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Is it me or are half the lyrics unintelligible. :blink:

Half?  You understood more than I did.  :lol:

• Haha 1

I just used Shazam. It recognized the song as "The Most Mysterious Song on the Internet" with "The Very Unknown Band". That surprised me a bit. I thought it was just say that it couldn't recognize the song.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 7:24 AM, Desertrat56 said:

'the internet' cares... :P

• Haha 1

On 8/26/2020 at 4:00 PM, jethrofloyd said:

Remainds me of the 80's synthpop music like Spandau Ballet.

Lol! Are you serious? Spandau is light years above this bad school band. I`m a German and I remember the wild&hot 80s German bands like IDEAL, SPLIFF, Extrabreit, Fehlfarben, Nichts, Trio and a lot of others very well and I have to say that we even wouldn't had accepted this band`s music in pub toilets.

It's a stupid concept, i've got hundred songs like that on my hdd that i recorded way back in highschool and nobody but me would be able to know that they are mine if i cared to upload them or give to someone to upload. 

It's probably song recorder by some "nobody" so even if we new who made it it wouldn't matter one bit since we know nothing of this person.

People are probably hoping it'll end up made by some celebrity or something.

Way before internet, my father recorded two epic tracks from radio and we didn't figure out who the artist was up until youtube became a thing. It wasn't such unknown band (it did receive radio play after all) but without internet it was really hard to find out. In the end, other songs of this band were totally subpar, so the discovery was in vein. 

• Like 1