Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Approval rating hits 49% Gallup

OverSword

8 minutes ago, Zaphod222 said:

Is that he who inspires the "blind hatred" or the completely out-of-control Trump hating press? I don´t think the hysteria would be on that level without the total TDS all across the legacy media. And Trump ran on ENDING the stupid foreign wars, not promoting them. (Another main reason the swamp hates him.) Fwiw, I would have liked Tulsi Gabbard as president, but the establishment never gave her a chance.

It doesn't matter, does it, because we don't get to interact with him personally, so it is not him personally that inspires anything is it?  Where we get our information is only part of it, the other part is how easily we can be emotionally triggered, no matter what direction that trigger takes us.  So, I never liked Trump as a media personality and I never trusted him as a politician, someone bought him for a purpose, gave him a bit of a long rope and let the media of all biases and agendas do what ever they wanted.  And now we have rioting, peaceful protests being called riots, looting that has nothing to do with any ideology, just wanton destruction used to prove the peaceful protests are riots, etc.  Suddenly something that has been going on in our country forever is in the news and biased toward proving racism when sometimes that is not it, but rather poor training and hiring practices in most police departments around the country.

P.S.  what I find intersting is that the mid western part of the U.S. is more volatile than any other, except maybe Portland and Seattle, which is disturbing mainly because of the scale of it all, someone has put a lot of work into setting the Seattle and Portland scenarios up and if it were a test of the Washington and Oregon governors they both failed.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, lightly said:

He's a 'disruptor' alright.   The unfathomable phenomena, to my mind, is the level of blind worship he inspires.  

Honestly, I have not seen any worship. That is a term I would rather have used for Obama, who was literally treated like the Messiah.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I someone bought him for a purpose, gave him a bit of a long rope and let the media of all biases and agendas do what ever they wanted. 

I dont see how he is bought, Unlike all the career politicians for him the job is actually a step down financially. I MUCH prefer someone who gets into office rich and does not need to care about money than some apparachik who stays in government for 40 years and gets rich in the process (does Clinton and Biden ring a bell?)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Zaphod222 said:

I dont see how he is bought, Unlike all the career politicians for him the job is actually a step down financially. I MUCH prefer someone who gets into office rich and does not need to care about money than some apparachik who stays in government for 40 years and gets rich in the process (does Clinton and Biden ring a bell?)

If he was really so rich why was he on a "reality" television show?  You think he did that for free, for fun?  Do you think it was even real?  No, he is a con man and a liar.  He has filed bankruptcy many times, left his investors holding the bags of debt.  He is the epitome of a bought and paid for politician without the decades of experience most of our U.S. presidents had of being owned by a party or a corporation.  If he isn't bought and paid for why are the oil companies suddenly getting back what they lost in the previous 20 years? 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Zaphod222 said:

Is that he who inspires the "blind hatred" or the completely out-of-control Trump hating press? I don´t think the hysteria would be on that level without the total TDS all across the legacy media. And Trump ran on ENDING the stupid foreign wars, not promoting them. (Another main reason the swamp hates him.) Fwiw, I would have liked Tulsi Gabbard as president, but the establishment never gave her a chance.

I honestly wish Trump woulda dropped Pence and picked up Tulsi...

I know she ran as a Democrat,but if Biden can run with a woman on his ticket who openly said she stood behind his accusers than Trump and Tulsi coulda worked something out...

2 hours ago, Zaphod222 said:

Yeah, that is exactly the line you`d read in the Guardian, the Independent, the NYC, the Huffpost, BBC, CNN, ABC, MSNBC, and the other "mainstream" globalist corporate media. Is that were you get your opinion from, or do you have other sources?

Sensible edit.

No, I do not get my information entirely from those sources.

As we established in private message, not much point continuing this conversation.

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

You caught him out there.

Not in the least. He's just trying the same boring tricks he did in private messages because I stopped humouring him with a response.

At least he's taken on board the advice to stop posting content from private messages.

Just now, Setton said:

Sensible edit.

No, I do not get my information entirely from those sources.

As we established in private message, not much point continuing this conversation.

Care to tell us what sources you get your opinion from?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

The unfathomable phenomena, to my mind, is the level of blind worship he inspires.  

I haven't seen any form of worship, blind or otherwise.  We don't so much worship as tolerate. In fact, most Trump supporters are in a state of perpetual apprehension and embarrassment.  But we like the guy.  He gets the job done.  He's fun to be around.  He's made life better.  I once worked with a guy, and perhaps many of you will recognize the type, who was big and loud, rude and sometimes obnoxious, but nonetheless was capable and popular and could get away with things that would get anybody else fired.  It was never boring when he was around but you wouldn't invite him home for dinner.   That's Trump.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I honestly wish Trump woulda dropped Pence and picked up Tulsi...

I know she ran as a Democrat,but if Biden can run with a woman on his ticket who openly said she stood behind his accusers than Trump and Tulsi coulda worked something out...

cadence owens

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

cadence owens

Would be better than Pence,seeing as how our elections have become more along the lines of partisan popularity contests than substance and policy...almost anyone would "pop" more than Pence,who has the charisma of an old wet dish towel.

I just believe Tulsi has the "It" factor if given the chance,i know her run didn't go great,but that had more to do with the established old faces getting more speaking time and backing by other established old faces than anything else.

She absolutely crushed Kamala in mere minutes!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 6:08 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

These same leftists have spent the last four years declaring that Trump is not their president

That is because he represents the far right.  He won't even go center-right.

22 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

.almost anyone would "pop" more than Pence,who has the charisma of an old wet dish towel.

That quality positions him well to be the next President after Trump, according to a little theory of mine.  We always elect the opposite of the last President.  Bush 1 seemed old and dottering, so we got Clinton who was young and cool.  He turned out to be a bit of a sleaze so we elected Bush Jr., who seemed so naive and staid.  But he was boring and couldn't string 3 words together to make a sentence so we fell for the silver tongued Obama.  After Trump we will be ready for a little dish towel blandness and Pence will slide right in.  

• Like 1

Just now, Big Jim said:

That quality positions him well to be the next President after Trump, according to a little theory of mine.  We always elect the opposite of the last President.  Bush 1 seemed old and dottering, so we got Clinton who was young and cool.  He turned out to be a bit of a sleaze so we elected Bush Jr., who seemed so naive and staid.  But he was boring and couldn't string 3 words together to make a sentence so we fell for the silver tongued Obama.  After Trump we will be ready for a little dish towel blandness and Pence will slide right in.  

Have to hand it to ya,not a bad little theory ya got there lol 

• Thanks 1

Oversword, can you post a poll from this month, not back in March when Trump pretended to care about the first month of the COVID-19 pandemic in this country? I'm sure he's down by 25 points way behind Joe Biden. Last month, Trump tried to act like he cared about COVID-19 in its second spike of infections, and I'm like "He's going to lose the election, he has to act like the tough guy he's known for, except COVID-19 is really out of control because he did nothing about the pandemic". 

20 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Oversword, can you post a poll from this month, not back in March when Trump pretended to care about the first month of the COVID-19 pandemic in this country? I'm sure he's down by 25 points way behind Joe Biden. Last month, Trump tried to act like he cared about COVID-19 in its second spike of infections, and I'm like "He's going to lose the election, he has to act like the tough guy he's known for, except COVID-19 is really out of control because he did nothing about the pandemic". 

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

On 8/26/2020 at 7:10 PM, papageorge1 said:

I think the corona panic is losing its steam. Nothing can stay on top of the news for long.

The only reason it is still considered to be a panic is that the Left can't afford for the economy to come back until they know Biden is going to win.  I just wonder how far Democrat voters in the major cities will be willing to go to keep the fantasy alive.  

On 8/27/2020 at 1:31 PM, Cookie Monster said:

Prep now!

Only those people in Democrat run states need to worry about the backlash pity party continuing.  The rest of America is ready to get on with the business of living.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zaphod222 said:

Care to tell us what sources you get your opinion from?

2 hours ago, Setton said:

6 hours ago, OverSword said:

Not compared to the one that will happen in November.

My condolences, sincerely.  I have to say, though, that if he wins again he will have had a LOT of help from Democrat mayors and governors because of their mishandling of the rioting and violence.  THAT has been allowed to become the face of the Democrat party at a very inopportune time.  I have to believe that voters who still have an open mind, that 20% or so in the middle, realize the rhetoric about Trump being responsible for a virus' impacts on the nation is just that -rhetoric.  Add the smoking skylines of several cities that ALL are Democrat run and Biden is going to have an uphill slog.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lightly said:

But it would seem that  the entirety of the suddenly God filled rebublican party is free of any corporate connections whatsoever

Take a look around.  Those Democrat cities are the only ones on fire and being pillaged.  Historically, the Republican party has had the reputation for being the law and order party.  The Democrats know this so that tells me they genuinely have no control over the Leftist/Marxist mobs in their streets.  If they had even tried to get things under control, the people might have given them a break but they have been seen to SUPPORT the groups doing the rioting, looting and burning.

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

Take a look around.  Those Democrat cities are the only ones on fire and being pillaged.  Historically, the Republican party has had the reputation for being the law and order party.  The Democrats know this so that tells me they genuinely have no control over the Leftist/Marxist mobs in their streets.  If they had even tried to get things under control, the people might have given them a break but they have been seen to SUPPORT the groups doing the rioting, looting and burning.

All Trump needs to do is continue to be strong on law on order.

And every time the riots quieten down flame them back up with one of his classic comments. Then he will win for sure.

9 minutes ago, and then said:

My condolences, sincerely. 

No need.  I will bathe in their tears.  I'm sick to death of the over reactions to every little thing by leftists.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Big Jim said:

My son, who isn't a Pence fan, said he has a statesman-like quality...and that he looks like Race Bannon from the Johnny Quest cartoon.  :lol: