Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Göbleki Tepe ‘decoded’

Herbert Sanders

9 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Not exactly the table form but here are some side by sides.  in 3899 BCE "God" "created" Adam & Eve...

141608408_453763459329086_58161997683561

What you need to focus on is the solar eclipse in Leo, near Regulus, sign of the King.  Genesis 5:3  And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:  3899 BCE + 130 years = 3769.  Again we see a solar eclipse near Regulus! 130 years apart. This is hardly random...

143745855_457672912271474_22234067371886

Doing the math we can calculate that Jesus was born in 2 BCE (trust me on this). Jesus is a type of Adam, perfect, we can expect him to be born in "his image":

141660158_453763355995763_14998911614925

Again a solar eclipse near, or on top even, of Regulus...

Eclipses are not really rare. There are two eclipse seasons each year but they do not strike the same place in the sky. Here we do not consider visibility from the earth because it is my understanding that these eclipses have been calculated at a later time and not necessarily have been witnessed at said time. This is Babylonian mystery religion at work.

So how impossible is this? You decide. Along with the story of Abraham and all others. I simply trust my eyes ^_^.

(I've shrunk your images because they don't mean a great deal to me.  I'm not disparaging them - it's just that I can better interpret what is written.)

Okay - assuming you're correct and there were no other solar eclipses in Leo near Regulus between 3899 BC and 3769 BC - I still need to know:

1. Were there solar eclipses in Leo near Regulus in 3664 BC, 3574 BC, 3504 BC, 3439 BC, 3277 BC, 3212 BC, 3025 BC, 2843 BC and 2343 BC (Gen 5:6, 5:9, 5:12, 5:15, 5:18, 5:21, 5:25, 5:28, 5:32)?  If so I'd agree you've established a pattern.  Without them all you have is a coincidence.  If your theory is correct, and the Bible encodes eclipses and stuff, then all these verses should relate to similar events.
  2. Which astronomical events are encoded by Gen 5:5, 5:8, 5:11, etc., (the lifespans of the antediluvian patriarchs)?  Are there similar events that mark their deaths?  (I would have to check the dates.)
  3. Which version of the Biblical texts are you using to derive your dates?  As I understand it the recorded lifespans and ages begin to diverge after Seth, giving a multitude of possible dates to examine.
  4. How do you account for all the eclipses and alignments that aren't encoded in the Bible?  After all it's your understanding that the ancients were able to calculate celestial events (apparently even those only visible in Botswana?) and worked them into their narratives.
  5. Where exactly does your date 3899 BC come from?  Is it calculated from the Bible or just from your astronomical software?
  6. Does Genesis chapter 5 stand alone?  Do the previous four chapters contain any astronomical observations?
  7. What happened during the five thousand years between Gobekli Tepe and Genesis?

If you choose to answer please assume I'm not able to interpret more star charts - just tell me the facts in writing.  Thanks.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

(I've shrunk your images because they don't mean a great deal to me.  I'm not disparaging them - it's just that I can better interpret what is written.)

Ok, I am visually minded so I can understand the miscommunication.

Okay - assuming you're correct and there were no other solar eclipses in Leo near Regulus between 3899 BC and 3769 BC - I still need to know:

There could have but not say within decades. Unless there is an atypical 2 eclipse situation in a single year but then one is right on the mark the other slightly off. After that there is a the next eclipse moves a few degrees and so per sign until 180 degrees (two eclipse seasons per year). Within a 30 degree space it can be closer or less close on the mark. So these eclipses are rare, and impossible in combination to the source text which creates constraints of blocks of time. Like the 130 year gap between Adam and Seth.

1. Were there solar eclipses in Leo near Regulus in 3664 BC, 3574 BC, 3504 BC, 3439 BC, 3277 BC, 3212 BC, 3025 BC, 2843 BC and 2343 BC (Gen 5:6, 5:9, 5:12, 5:15, 5:18, 5:21, 5:25, 5:28, 5:32)?  If so I'd agree you've established a pattern.  Without them all you have is a coincidence.  If your theory is correct, and the Bible encodes eclipses and stuff, then all these verses should relate to similar events.

Not necessarily in Leo. The eclipse is like a signal, or a beat. A call to attention. Then you compare the text with the situation in the heavens. Compare with previous assessments, does the story fit. What more can we find out about it (this is the sudoku part). I have a list of dates from Adam until Shem (son of Noah). But here there is a 2 year problem that I need to solve. Scripture either has an error, or it is a paradox. This is a well known problem. How old was Shem when he got Arphaxad? Look it up.

2. Which astronomical events are encoded by Gen 5:5, 5:8, 5:11, etc., (the lifespans of the antediluvian patriarchs)?  Are there similar events that mark their deaths?  (I would have to check the dates.)

Yes they are, I will process them much like I did with Seth and Enos.

3. Which version of the Biblical texts are you using to derive your dates?  As I understand it the recorded lifespans and ages begin to diverge after Seth, giving a multitude of possible dates to examine.

That is true. I use the Masoretic. Remember I am not implying these events have been witnessed. My opinion is that they have been antedated using clever calculations.

4. How do you account for all the eclipses and alignments that aren't encoded in the Bible?  After all it's your understanding that the ancients were able to calculate celestial events (apparently even those only visible in Botswana?) and worked them into their narratives.

It is not the goal to capture all eclipses merely to provide narrative for scripture. So if Adam and Seth are almost a century apart and they calculate 130 then you use that. By the 2nd century BCE people could calculate eclipses and even had mechanized machines to calculate them with stunning accuracy. If the Masoretic is a work of reconstruction using these means then it is entirely possible to include solar eclipses that are not visible. Due to the time of day (night), or due to the location (Botswana). Why reconstruct? I dunno I am simply guessing their motive. The book of Jubilees makes use of 49 year cycles, 7 weeks of 7 day, a day for a year. This too could have been a reconstruction event. Technology advances and the Masoretic might simply be the end product.

5. Where exactly does your date 3899 BC come from?  Is it calculated from the Bible or just from your astronomical software?

The insight came from Abraham that he might have been born on February 27th, 1953 BCE. According to this blogger:

https://dream-prophecy.blogspot.com/2007/08/astrology-of-grand-conjunction.html

I read it a bit over a year ago and I started to wonder if this was applicable throughout the Bible, and it is. As I continued to dig in more and more of the puzzle became visible (again Sudoku). 

6. Does Genesis chapter 5 stand alone?  Do the previous four chapters contain any astronomical observations?

Genesis 5 is a small part. The life's of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob are described in great detail, not merely eclipses. They revolve around a "dance" between Mars and Mercury where Mars is the antagonist and Mercury the protagonist. Their whole lives are simply astronomical observations. The story themselves follow the "laws" of the planetary motions. This is all Hermeticism in essence.

7. What happened during the five thousand years between Gobekli Tepe and Genesis?

I don't know. I find it fascinating that a connection (albeit very loose) can be drawn. The Jews sojourned in Egypt so we have the Egyptian connection. From Egypt we can see many drawings also proto-dynastic which are obviously, to "the trained eye" (haha), sky maps. And always concerned with the crossing of the Milky Way over the Ecliptic like here:

1*_E1ycxiWRhCJ0x0HQRu_Cg.png

1*wbkDGN55B2QpYEUEDR5XCQ.jpeg

1*U_zRw70m6yUZnCxPchcllQ.png

This is all Egypt.

Going further back in time we find Nabta Playa (7000 years ago):

1*J1XO2sh4Jz4biGuwMLnfWQ.jpeg

1*3fbIaJIn5sAomZS4eENGxQ.png

Which means they looked to the "luminaries". In the Middle Nile rock art was found dating 5000-3000 BCE:

0*sKAl2sxhPpOhHkhZ.jpg

unknown.png

So when I saw this I was like hmmmm. Perhaps we can go further back. And that is when I noticed all the carvings at GT. And again a big focus on the crossing of the Milky Way and the Ecliptic. The fox is at the vernal equinox.

What happened in between? Good question...

Edited by Orestes_3113

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

If you choose to answer please assume I'm not able to interpret more star charts - just tell me the facts in writing.  Thanks.

Genesis 5:9

9 And Enos lived ninety years, and begat Cainan:

143628946_457769068928525_46612092582096

Again a solar eclipse near regulus.

Genesis 5:12

12 And Cainan lived seventy years and begat Mahalaleel:

143748772_457787182260047_85936048956343

Mahalalel means "praise of God" in Hebrew.

Daniel's 1335 year prophecy, Daniel 12:12 reads:

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

This is the culmination of prophecy, the end of the Bible so to speak. It started in 749 CE and ends in 2085 CE, there is a one year rounding error. December 749 CE - June 2085 CE.

140769907_453763472662418_40611175594435

Look at how exact that solar eclipse is... Amazing!

Edited by Orestes_3113

Edited by cormac mac airt
Double post

The Jews sojourned in Egypt so we have the Egyptian connection.

No they didn’t, so we have that fantasy. :yes:

ETA:  Also why use a book, Jasher, which has NO BIBLICAL PROVENANCE NOR ANCIENT TEXT EXTANT, to promote what is otherwise a fabrication? 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

No they didn’t, so we have that fantasy. :yes:

ETA:  Also why use a book, Jasher, which has NO BIBLICAL PROVENANCE NOR ANCIENT TEXT EXTANT, to promote what is otherwise a fabrication? 

cormac

Just stop it. The text states that they went into Egypt from Joseph until Moses. If it merely happened as a fable or in the skies what difference does it make at this point? Why use Jasher because all books are palatable if discernment is used. Just because some books were left out, perhaps to protect consistency, does not mean that there are no shards of truth to be found elsewhere. Loosen up, do not be so up tight. You have not addressed anything other than spewing one-liners. 

On 1/27/2021 at 3:37 PM, Orestes_3113 said:

What would he know btw? Sometime what you know can hinder you in accepting what is obvious. This is why newcomers in market often have the edge.

Those who are set in their ways are heavily invested.

The Jews would want to protect their 'ethnicity', the Christians their godhead Jesus, the atheists would want none of it for obvious reasons, new agers don't welcome it as it dispells the power of astrology. The Islamic branch would shake on its foundations. Eastern philosophies are cornered as they have no answer for the proper way in the same way as the new agers... you cannot stop what is coming.

Basically what I am stating, if true, would rebuke all and have everyone riled up.

And this is what I see here.

1) In regards to the topic at hand, a great deal more than you. Should you have the courage to actually deal with a few, you will find that they are generally quite learned men, not only in respect to the religion, but also in respect to the culture and its practices. Such hubris.

2) The "problem" that you see on these pages is not related to religion per se, but to your abysmal "research" practices and fabrications. Though your abuse of religio-cultural factors hardly strengthens your fantasy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

1) In regards to the topic at hand, a great deal more than you. Should you have the courage to actually deal with a few, you will find that they are generally quite learned men, not only in respect to the religion, but also in respect to the culture and its practices. Such hubris.

2) The "problem" that you see on these pages is not related to religion per se, but to your abysmal "research" practices and fabrications. Though your abuse of religio-cultural factors hardly strengthens your fantasy.

Such faith on the old and set ways... 

9 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Just stop it. The text states that they went into Egypt from Joseph until Moses. If it merely happened as a fable or in the skies what difference does it make at this point? Why use Jasher because all books are palatable if discernment is used. Just because some books were left out, perhaps to protect consistency, does not mean that there are no shards of truth to be found elsewhere. Loosen up, do not be so up tight. You have not addressed anything other than spewing one-liners. 

You've done NOTHING but promote BS as fact. It doesn't matter what the text states as the actual evidence shows that the Jews DID NOT sojourn in Egypt, which makes it a fabrication. As to Jasher, there is NO textual evidence that the modern Book of Jasher belonged to or originated in Biblical times, hence another fabrication. You continue to use fabrications to promote what can only be taken as fantasy, nothing more. 

cormac

• Like 6

1 minute ago, cormac mac airt said:

You've done NOTHING but promote BS as fact. It doesn't matter what the text states as the actual evidence shows that the Jews DID NOT sojourn in Egypt, which makes it a fabrication. As to Jasher, there is NO textual evidence that the modern Book of Jasher belonged to or originated in Biblical times, hence another fabrication. You continue to use fabrications to promote what can only be taken as fantasy, nothing more. 

cormac

Could you please separate "actual evidence" from myth please.

Genesis 5:18

18 And Jared lived an hundred sixty and two years, and he begat Enoch:

144105205_457910328914399_27213526595391

Admittedly this is a weaker link so I am going all out on it. Enoch is an oddball. The year consists of 4 solar eclipses and 2 lunar eclipses (blood moons). So you could pick what you want...

The year is firmly set by genealogy through Jared and his son Methuselah in connection to the flood which is established at 2243 BCE.

Now there are things to be said about Enoch. 

He walked with God:

22 And Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters:

He did not die but was taken:

24 And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.

Typically speaking you could say he was dead in Christ. Dead, entombed, laid in a cave... this is all Piscean (think Lupercal). Now when you are dead in Christ the idea is that God fights the battles, you simply have to remain true. And if you remain true then who can make war with God?

Daniel 8 speaks of a he goat that came from the west on the face of the whole earth.... this he goat is a great asterism which I have described here:

https://orestes-3113.medium.com/göbleki-tepe-decoded-comparing-the-bull-relief-8a6cf8399581

1*Qo6lpMF9lDzpdxZMwAM_Bw.jpeg

1*hJ4qES4mRm2_dbT5El82gw.png

But yeah, Enoch... oddball. 

Edited by Orestes_3113

14 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Could you please separate "actual evidence" from myth please.

LOL. You're asking someone else to separate evidence from myth? Look at what you just posted right above this reply, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Genesis 5:21

21 And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah:

143841605_457885148916917_71805301003349

Genesis 5:25

25 And Methuselah lived an hundred eighty and seven years, and begat Lamech.

143834377_457848198920612_11820490772390

Methuselah and Lamech all point towards the Flood. It is said that the end will be like the days of the Flood.

Matthew 24:37

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Ready the ship, I mean Bride!

Revelation 19:7

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

This happens at the end of the 1290 and 1260 year prophecy in 2040 CE:

141416658_453763435995755_11497560010417

Notice here, as with the days of Lamech that all visible planets happen to be in Virgo (this is extremely rare).

It seems there were periods.
First the focus was on Regulus, then Orion and now Virgo. with two exceptions in Enos and Enoch, who happen to be similar in name...

Again I want to reiterate this should all have been calculable a few centuries BCE.

Edited by Orestes_3113

34 pages in and still nothing that would make reasonable sense. I'm getting the feeling that we may eventually see an outline of Greenland soon in this thread to "tie it all together".

• Haha 8

Genesis 5:28-29

28 And Lamech lived an hundred eighty and two years, and begat a son:

29 And he called his name Noah, saying, This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord hath cursed.

143745850_457862018919230_28323128983798

Noach was born 600 years before the flood. Which is 2243 + 600 = 2843 BCE. However if we add 182 years to Lamech's birth, which was 3026 BCE you get to 2244 BCE. The Bible is off by a single year here. 

There exists different versions:

Genesis 5:28–31 records that Lamech was 182 (182 according to the Masoretic Text; 188 according to the Septuagint.)

So I propose 183 years. Because in 2843 BCE we are exactly 600 years before the flood, and this solar eclipse carries a lot of story. Solar eclipse in Libra (judgement), Mars (son of Man, and Jupiter in Aquarius hinting at what is to come). Mercury and Venus together in Sagittarius. To me this paints the story...

Genesis 5:32

32 And Noah was five hundred years old: and Noah begat Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

144073588_457885042250261_80313212723511

In like fashion Shem (Mercury), Ham (Mars) and Japheth (Venus) were born. Mercury (Shem) is getting some special attention. Which is why the Israelites are Semitic, Semitism is pertains to Mercury.

54 minutes ago, Trelane said:

34 pages in and still nothing that would make reasonable sense. I'm getting the feeling that we may eventually see an outline of Greenland soon in this thread to "tie it all together".

Just needs a few more charts and meaningless numbers with some name more dropping and assorted planets, and maybe a little Greenland with a splash of Atlantis. 

• Haha 3

Guys, at this point, I think he's either trolling us or he's cuckoo for cocoa puffs. You decide! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Guys, at this point, I think he's either trolling us or he's cuckoo for cocoa puffs. You decide! 

B. And completely irrelevant to ancient history and ancient myths/legends as well. 

cormac

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think Orestes thinks what they're doing is important and significant, and isn't interested in the more rigorous methodologies. And I think they're sincere about it, so not a troll or mentally ill.

If they choose to operate outside of science and rigor, I myself don't have much to add, but that shouldn't -- and I'm sure, won't --- stop them from posting as they see fit. I have more confidence in them and their process than other posters here (*cough cough Mario cough*).

--Jaylemurph

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cormac mac airt said:

B. And completely irrelevant to ancient history and ancient myths/legends as well. 

cormac

Scientists and non-scientists are known to 'fall in love with' an idea and become fixated on it to a point where they loose all objectivity. They become zealots and completely irrational on that specific subject however they are not insane or trolls just overly focused, misguided and stubborn.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Scientists and non-scientists are known to 'fall in love with' an idea and become fixated on it to a point where they loose all objectivity. They become zealots and completely irrational on that specific subject however they are not insane or trolls just overly focused, misguided and stubborn.

I wouldn’t include Orestes in the guise of scientist, more like fantasist. That said poster needs to reinterpret an entire cultures beliefs in support of a personal agenda while simultaneously utilizing sources that are not even original to said cultures early history are quite telling as well as quite damning IMO. 

cormac

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Similar to this thread, sometimes remarkably so in terms of the obduracy shown by the poster, is a thread in the miscellaneous section of ED titled Controversial Considerations, and started by maat. It looks like trolling at first, but it goes on and on in the most intricate, and utterly wrong detail about KV62.. Every point they make is wrong, and they dismiss all reality, and all commonsense, put before them. I believe some here are familiar with this bizzarre thread.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

I think Orestes thinks what they're doing is important and significant, and isn't interested in the more rigorous methodologies. And I think they're sincere about it, so not a troll or mentally ill.

If they choose to operate outside of science and rigor, I myself don't have much to add, but that shouldn't -- and I'm sure, won't --- stop them from posting as they see fit. I have more confidence in them and their process than other posters here (*cough cough Mario cough*).

--Jaylemurph

Them/they? I stand alone, I only noticed a pattern that I am sharing here.

Science and rigor is what keeps you from understanding. Cast it aside.

Although confirmarion bias is a problem but it should be dealt with intuitively. The idea needs to grow first, more details need to emerge. Positions corrected.

My writing last year was different then this year. Why? Because I am off my socks? No, the theme is correct, it is what it is. But I had to understand that direct visibility is not required before the times of Abraham.

I have only shared little still. There is much more to come.

Edited by Orestes_3113

• The topic was locked