Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Göbleki Tepe ‘decoded’

Herbert Sanders

4 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

I’m not discussing the matter. Take the respect offered or don’t. Your reaction says more about you than me. 

My reactions tells you that I find it all nonsense. The whole gender issue. True, I’m a medievalist: I know all too well what happens when reason and practicality are subsumed by magical thinking...

It is precisely that: magical thinking. If you’re unfamiliar with the specific term, Google exists for that very reason. 

—Jaylemurph 

Who says I am implying causality? Parallelism I would say ok, so shoot me. But Magical thinking, no I have to object.

Edited by Orestes_3113

I’m not discussing the matter. Take the respect offered or don’t. Your reaction says more about you than me. 

It is precisely that: magical thinking. If you’re unfamiliar with the specific term, Google exists for that very reason. 

—Jaylemurph 

Magical thinking, or superstitious thinking, is the belief that unrelated events are causally connected despite the absence of any plausible causal link between them, particularly as a result of supernatural effects.

Example: this thread

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Please share

Link to the last page as at the start, though weird, there is still involvement by other forum members as the full extent of the weirdness was not yet fully clear. You'll note that he is literally talking to himself, and has been for many pages previously.

A descent into madness in KV62

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Link to the last page as at the start, though weird, there is still involvement by other forum members as the full extent of the weirdness was not yet fully clear. You'll note that he is literally talking to himself, and has been for many pages previously.

A descent into madness in KV62

Not clicking that link, but I expect to see the same thing as here. Guy poses an idea. The wrecking crew comes on board, thread distorted. Yeah no one entering that anymore. Off to the next...

40 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

blabla. All that matters is the pattern. Is it there or not. You say no, I say you are blind

But, swami, how may we open our eyes and see the truth of your words, to see as you do, to see the patterns of the universe and the truths they encode.

Wait, I know...

Oh Great God who is in the Horizon, mayest thou shine thine light upon me to openeth mine eyes, and let thine rays enter me and reveal to my heart the truth!  Er, wait, wait just a moment as I adjust the antennae of my tinfoil hat for better reception. Nearly there, nearly there, yeah, got it, go for it, beam that truth down to me.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Wepwawet said:

But, swami, how may we open our eyes and see the truth of your words, to see as you do, to see the patterns of the universe and the truths they encode.

Wait, I know...

Oh Great God who is in the Horizon, mayest thou shine thine light upon me to openeth mine eyes, and let thine rays enter me and reveal to my heart the truth!  Er, wait, wait just a moment as I adjust the antennae of my tinfoil hat for better reception. Nearly there, nearly there, yeah, got it, go for it, beam that truth down to me.

May I suggest this instead:

5653cf51cd83f46ec92c70c800ce479a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Not clicking that link, but I expect to see the same thing as here. Guy poses an idea. The wrecking crew comes on board, thread distorted. Yeah no one entering that anymore. Off to the next...

No, for if you did read any part of that thread you would see that there is no "wrecking crew" and that genuine attempts at dialogue with him were made, until, just like you, he made it clear that only he "could read the signs and see the truth". The distortion was entirely from him parading his ignorance of the history and culture of Ancient Egypt, and in several posts he even admits that he knew nothing of the tombs I mentioned here a few posts back, and knows nothing of their religious and mortuary practices. Yet you deem it fit to back him up, I wonder why.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

No, for if you did read any part of that thread you would see that there is no "wrecking crew" and that genuine attempts at dialogue with him were made, until, just like you, he made it clear that only he "could read the signs and see the truth". The distortion was entirely from him parading his ignorance of the history and culture of Ancient Egypt, and in several posts he even admits that he knew nothing of the tombs I mentioned here a few posts back, and knows nothing of their religious and mortuary practices. Yet you deem it fit to back him up, I wonder why.

Only me can read hahah... that is rich. Have you even tried? I am merely concerned with my topic. I am proposing that Myth is related to Stars that is it. As an anchor we have Abraham (Yay). With this you can do the same, it is not magic, it is not for me alone to decipher. But if you don't look then you can't see, simple as that. I'll simply continue to add content until something, or the whole body, sticks.

5 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Only me can read hahah... that is rich. Have you even tried? I am merely concerned with my topic. I am proposing that Myth is related to Stars that is it. As an anchor we have Abraham (Yay). With this you can do the same, it is not magic, it is not for me alone to decipher. But if you don't look then you can't see, simple as that. I'll simply continue to add content until something, or the whole body, sticks.

Except that the Jews themselves, for the duration of their known existence meaning the last 2000 - 3000 years, have believed that the Biblical chronology was a real, physically human one where Biblical characters were their actual ancestors. You’re attempting to promote the unevidenced and untenable idea that they couldn’t tell the difference between physical ancestors and astronomical occurrences. In short promoting a fantasy. We all understand that. 

cormac

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Yeah, if only we would open our eyes like you have, if only we were as "open minded" as you are, everything would be wonderful.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Yeah, if only we would open our eyes like you have, if only we were as "open minded" as you are, everything would be wonderful.

Yes, however this one image fully and wholly disproves his contention - its plainly obvious by the way. 1462 BCE

1463-BC.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

Except that the Jews themselves, for the duration of their known existence meaning the last 2000 - 3000 years, have believed that the Biblical chronology was a real, physically human one where Biblical characters were their actual ancestors. You’re attempting to promote the unevidenced and untenable idea that they couldn’t tell the difference between physical ancestors and astronomical occurrences. In short promoting a fantasy. We all understand that. 

cormac

I say at best both could be true. At worst the there were no physical ancestors. I am siding with the latter but am open to be proven wrong.

6 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

This is a new field so what do you expect? Do you know how planets revolve? Crawl, walk, run, fly...

3 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

Yes, however this one image fully and wholly disproves his contention - its plainly obvious by the way. 1462 BCE

1463-BC.jpg

Nice, progress... Now just scroll through the ages and see what happens. It will take a few hours getting the hang of it but you will get there.

Revisit the images I posted earlier, scroll through time and see what happens. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Nice, progress... Now just scroll through the ages and see what happens. It will take a few hours getting the hang of it but you will get there.

Revisit the images I posted earlier, scroll through time and see what happens. 

So you acknowledge that the previous image demolishes your position and that you are indeed wrong. Great

Bye

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

I say at best both could be true. At worst the there were no physical ancestors.

It doesn’t matter if there were no actual physical ancestors the Jews knew the difference between such and astronomical occurrences. You’re attempting to make their myths something they never were. That’s intellectually dishonest. Add to that that the earliest attestation of Israel is in the Merneptah Stele circa 1207/8 BC you’ve shown you know NOTHING meaningful about their culture. 

cormac

Edited by cormac mac airt
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

This is a new field so what do you expect? Do you know how planets revolve? Crawl, walk, run, fly...

Gravity and conservation of angular momentum. And, though not in my field by a long chalk, I had always thought that there is a coriolis effect from the Sun that helps with rotation. I get this, right, or probably very wrong, from the coriolis effect in fluid couplings where one rotating element imparts spin onto a second element, not by mechanical connection, but by the force of the fluid acting on that element. So, maybe, we get his effect on the planets by way of the Sun's rotating magnetic field. Whether I'm totaly wrong in this is not really a concern to me, but I mention it because your reply begged this sort of answer, but the first sentence is right.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Hanslune said:

So you acknowledge that the previous image demolishes your position and that you are indeed wrong. Great

Bye

Did you download the software or simply google an image? No acknowledge that his shows anything.

15 minutes ago, cormac mac airt said:

It doesn’t matter if there were no actual physical ancestors the Jews knew the difference between such and astronomical occurrences. You’re attempting to make their myths something they never were. That’s intellectually dishonest. Add to that that the earliest attestation of Israel is in the Merneptah Stele circa 1207/8 BC you’ve shown you know NOTHING meaningful about their culture. 

cormac

How do you know that they knew the difference? Maybe they knew but kept the public in the dark? I am simply stating that there is a pattern, which is true. For all I know Israel started in 500 BCE. That does not prove my theory wrong it simply means that they started to write their story at a later time.

4 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Gravity and conservation of angular momentum. And, though not in my field by a long chalk, I had always thought that there is a coriolis effect from the Sun that helps with rotation. I get this, right, or probably very wrong, from the coriolis effect in fluid couplings where one rotating element imparts spin onto a second element, not by mechanical connection, but by the force of the fluid acting on that element. So, maybe, we get his effect on the planets by way of the Sun's rotating magnetic field. Whether I'm totaly wrong in this is not really a concern to me, but I mention it because your reply begged this sort of answer, but the first sentence is right.

Gravity hmm kay. What I meant was do you know how they cycle. Have you watched rotate along the heavens. Fast forwarding hours/day/months etc. Do you have a feel for it. That first sentence does not give you any intuitive feel for it.

5 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Gravity hmm kay. What I meant was do you know how they cycle. Have you watched rotate along the heavens. Fast forwarding hours/day/months etc. Do you have a feel for it. That first sentence does not give you any intuitive feel for it.

What you meant was, why do the planets orbit the Sun, and the answer is gravity. There is nothing to get a "feel for", this is just you putting your spin on this to make it seem there is more to it all than meets the eye, something, supernatural? when it is just physics.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Did you download the software or simply google an image? No acknowledge that his shows anything.

How do you know that they knew the difference? Maybe they knew but kept the public in the dark? I am simply stating that there is a pattern, which is true. For all I know Israel started in 500 BCE. That does not prove my theory wrong it simply means that they started to write their story at a later time.

Planets do not live and die as humans. Planets do not begat succeeding generations of humans. Planets do not build arks to protect humans and animals from natural catastrophes. Planets have no bearing on the origin of multiple languages. Your pattern has no bearing on what the Israelites knew or believed and is therefore irrelevant to same. In short, more fiction. 

cormac

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

I thought you were saying that Gobekli Tepe was used as an astrological predictor to assist in the formulation of the Old Testament. Or am I still not seeing this right?

10 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Science and rigor is what keeps you from understanding. Cast it aside.

Oh boy. I hope no one plans on crossing any bridges or flying on any planes designed by Oreste's school of SCIENCE. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wepwawet said:

What you meant was, why do the planets orbit the Sun, and the answer is gravity. There is nothing to get a "feel for", this is just you putting your spin on this to make it seem there is more to it all than meets the eye, something, supernatural? when it is just physics.

No what I mean is if you are riding a bike for example you experience the velocity at which you are going, you adjust. So too with this you learn how to operate the software, know what to look for. You know computers and stuff, learning a new skill.

1 hour ago, cormac mac airt said:

Planets do not live and die as humans. Planets do not begat succeeding generations of humans. Planets do not build arks to protect humans and animals from natural catastrophes. Planets have no bearing on the origin of multiple languages. Your pattern has no bearing on what the Israelites knew or believed and is therefore irrelevant to same. In short, more fiction. 

cormac

Wut? You are making up a whole new story here haha. A hands on a wheel might spin on a disc but they do not create hours, nor do they dictate when the sun goes up or down. Somehow my watch tells me what time it is... in short, tool!

33 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I thought you were saying that Gobekli Tepe was used as an astrological predictor to assist in the formulation of the Old Testament. Or am I still not seeing this right?

GT I find interesting as it seems that the carvings are astronomical in design. Of course there are no manuals to these pillars but by simply observing the engravings you can see what was meant.

15 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Oh boy. I hope no one plans on crossing any bridges or flying on any planes designed by Oreste's school of SCIENCE.

More blabla. Science is also applying logic to confined areas... 

• Confused 1

When it comes to the Flood. The protagonist Mercury and its female counterpart Venus safely rested in the Ark (Capricorn) in the year 2243 BCE.

144205788_458427912195974_42910243103041

Remember this is like clockwork.

1656 years after creation Adam and Eve.

and 290 years before Abraham.

There might be errors in the bible though because one version says this many years and another says that many years for the birth of certain individuals. But the fact is when it comes to the flood itself it sits perfectly where it ought to be.

Best viewed from the South America or West Africa btw. Meaning has probably been calculated in hindsight or the region was connected as far as W. Africa (not impossible)

stellarium-000.png

The verses that comes with it are:

Genesis 8:4-6

4 And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat.

5 And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen.

6 And it came to pass at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which he had made:

This moment is within the forty day period before Noah opened the window. Ark at mount Ararat (Capricorn, the mountain).

Edited by Orestes_3113
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Orestes_3113 said:

Such faith on the old and set ways... 

Sound, credible research is of notably more import than fantasies.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Orestes_3113 said:

When it comes to the Flood. The protagonist Mercury and its female counterpart Venus safely rested in the Ark (Capricorn) in the year 2243 BCE.

But how does this work?

1. The Moon passes in front of the Sun. 
  2. At the same time Mercury and Venus seem nearby, although they're really millions of miles apart. 
  3. And thousands of light years beyond, certain stars make a pattern that someone (probably drunk) once said - "'that looks like a goat." 1

How does this translate to: "And lo! it pi$$ed down for 40 days and 40 nights, and everyone drowned, except Noah and his gang and their pets.  'Cos I am a God of Love and Compassion."

How does anyone know that this time Mercury is Noah, but next time it's Isaiah, then Romulus, then Zebedee, and after that Pinocchio?  And Venus is Mrs Noah.  Or perhaps lots of animals.  Two by two.  How does any of this make sense?

1 At least admit this - 'Capricorn' does not look like a goat.

Capricornus - Wikipedia

Or an ark.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

But how does this work?

1. The Moon passes in front of the Sun. 
  2. At the same time Mercury and Venus seem nearby, although they're really millions of miles apart. 
  3. And thousands of light years beyond, certain stars make a pattern that someone (probably drunk) once said - "'that looks like a goat." 1

How does this translate to: "And lo! it pi$$ed down for 40 days and 40 nights, and everyone drowned, except Noah and his gang and their pets.  'Cos I am a God of Love and Compassion."

How does anyone know that this time Mercury is Noah, but next time it's Isaiah, then Romulus, then Zebedee, and after that Pinocchio?  And Venus is Mrs Noah.  Or perhaps lots of animals.  Two by two.  How does any of this make sense?

1 At least admit this - 'Capricorn' does not look like a goat.

Capricornus - Wikipedia

Or an ark.

It is a language. Much like you know how to write. This time the letter "x" means this...

Yeah or an ark (boat) that was my first impression but then I remembered that Capricorn is often seen as a mountain. And the month is indeed the month that the Ark landed Ararat and so it could be both in this case.

Mercury is always the protagonist for God, Mars always the son of Man (hierarchy). Hard to put a philosopher on the throne...

As to why? or how it works... beats me. It taps into astrology on a meta level. Generations instead of individuals.

But more importantly is the distinction between who is righteous and who is not. The essence of man to see through someone I guess. Extrapolate over time and projected on society. 

Also... remember the tower of Babel ("gate of God")... the whole word spoke one language... perhaps this is that language. If so then you wouldn't need much records. You don't over explain the obvious, or esoteric.

I would like to mention the duration on the ark is exactly 365 + 29.5 days. 1 solar year and 1 month. The year itself had 13 months due to intercalation. Imo this year was a calendar reset of sorts.

Edited by Orestes_3113

• The topic was locked