Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chadwick Boseman Dead at 43

Imaginarynumber1

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actor Chadwick Boseman, who played Black icons Jackie Robinson and James Brown before finding fame as the regal Black Panther in the Marvel cinematic universe, died Friday of cancer, his representative said. He was 43.

Boseman died at his home in the Los Angeles area with his wife and family by his side, his publicist Nicki Fioravante told The Associated Press.

Boseman was diagnosed with colon cancer four years ago, his family said in a statement.

https://apnews.com/5f4352111fdead278da3651b44d311b8

• Sad 9

He was young for that particular cancer.  He wasn't even old enough to have regular screening in mind.  RIP.  :( 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, and then said:

He was young for that particular cancer.  He wasn't even old enough to have regular screening in mind.  RIP.  :( 

Diagnosed in 2016. Sucks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He is really young for that form of cancer, but I guess you never know. This is so sad. RIP. 

• Like 3

43... wow.

His poor family, they must be devastated.

• Like 3

He filmed all these movies between chemo and surgeries 

2020Da 5 Bloods
Stormin' Norman
 201921 Bridges
Andre Davis
 2019Avengers: Endgame
T'Challa / Black Panther
 2018Avengers: Infinity War
T'Challa / Black Panther
 2018Black Panther
T'Challa / Black Panther
 2017Marshall
Thurgood Marshall
 2016Message from the King
Jacob King
 2016Captain America: Civil War
T'Challa / Black Panther
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

He filmed all these movies between chemo and surgeries 

2020Da 5 Bloods
Stormin' Norman
 201921 Bridges
Andre Davis
 2019Avengers: Endgame
T'Challa / Black Panther
 2018Avengers: Infinity War
T'Challa / Black Panther
 2018Black Panther
T'Challa / Black Panther
 2017Marshall
Thurgood Marshall
 2016Message from the King
Jacob King
 2016Captain America: Civil War
T'Challa / Black Panther

And he looked amazing doing it. What a fighter 

• Like 2

I've seen on a lot of new stations sites, his death has a lot of people talking about early screening and has raised a lot of awareness that younger people need testing also. Insurance companies have always recommended screening every 5 yrs starting at the age of 50 if you don't have issues. There are some that are now saying every 10 yrs. Colon cancer has always been considered a very slow progressing form. This is bull. I just reached the 5 yrs since my last colonoscopy and I just went to my doctor last Thursday. He's given me a test package that I can do at home. I take a sample and mail it to the lab. (It's called an FIT (fecal immunochemical test) and has a high sensitivity and specificity and are FDA cleared. This is from the pamphlet enclosed with the package.) They can do this test every year and if there is a positive result, they will schedule a colonoscopy. Everyone, regardless of age, needs to start asking their doctors about this test and doing it. Colonrectal cancer has a 91% survival rate if caught at stage 1. That drops to 11% if caught at stage 4. It's the second highest killer form of cancer in the US.

Edited by susieice