Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video: Fast Flying UFOs, The Future Transport

nordicboy

18 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

lol It is not me who is rude and ignorant, mate :)  Some people just don't like being shown that their education is lacking, or incomplete.

Dont confuse being persistent, with rudeness or ignorance.  I was a teacher for over 40 years.You have  to be persistent with some people. 

I gave you an out by explaining that this maybe common usage, or vernacular language, but you refused to take it.

Since i was child  (70 years ago) every one ive known, from  highly educated down, has called a fishpond a fishpond whether it has water in it or not.  It is how they  re advertised and sold, and commonly referred to.  That is good enough for me.  My brother built a large concrete fish pond That is what it was called, even before it had water placed in it 

A pond liner is generally a flexible plastic or rubber liner inserted into a pond (  I've built a number of ponds in large tractor types, using those)

A pond is the structure which contains water AS WELL AS  a body of water. I gave you sources showing dry ponds, so named and described.

And you are trying to wiggle.

I dont believe you would  never have  said, "The fishpond is dry (and all the fish are dead)"  You just don't want to admit to it, since engaging in this debate.

So its not me who's wrong, and may be you need to grow up and be a bit more knowledgeable and  tolerant about word usage outside your own experience, so far.

A pond is certainly  a body of water No argument. A swimming pool is a body of water, but also the structure which  can be filled with water  

A pond is also a structure which can contain water (either artificial or natural, and so you do (and can) have dry ponds ) 

I am no longer arguing with you, because your mind is fixed, but i am letting others know you are just not  giving or allowing the full definition of a  fish pond.

You aren't wrong, just not completely correct. 

A pond is a body of water.

You have shown your poor education in every thread we have met. Here again you have shown that you are ignorant.

I don't believe you were a teacher. Why would anyone hire such a poorly educated person to do anything.

Just because you tell stories which I doubt are true of uneducated people does not change the situation.

A pond is a body of water. You have made no headway with your uneducated claptrap.

Sorry, but it doesn't matter if you hang out with uneducated people such as yourself.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mr Walker said:

Sorry mate (again) its not acyrologia.

it is me correcting you, and others who are limited in their use and knowledge of language.

Some people dont even know that t verb and noun forms of a word can have quite different meanings.eg sheep run ( verb) vs sheep run  (noun)    Few have studied the etymology of english words, and i wonder how many ever studied latin or chaucerian English or classical poetry . 

Dont try and excuse your errors by blaming me for a condition i dont have :) 

Nice try,but   

If anything i have a slight tendency to  acryologiaphobia or pedantry  but ive learned (in general ) to be tolerant of others.

Ps the  most common reference available  for this word is a fake one, using sarcasm and deliberate errors to create humour. 

Thus i suspect it is an artificial construct without historical existence.

But i am happy to play along :)  

It is a real ancient greek word   whose latin roots would mean  impropriety  and the french mal a propos, meaning ill suited 

I think shakespeare may have used this deliberately in some of his plays  to create humour, being the clever fellow that he was. When done deliberately it can be quite punny :)  

In ancient greece it was primarily a device used for a similar purpose in rhetorical debates. 

You are again wrong. It's so funny when you are always wrong.

Have you ever considered learning for a change? That would be a wonderful change of pace for you.

You get rid of your uneducated pals and you learn.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

I wasn't expecting the challenge to be taken up.but i still find the stories interesting.weather they're lies, fantasies or lucid dreaming.

I take peoples stories with a pinch of salt weather it be obe's ,ghosts or ufo's.

I may suggest a more logical explanation but i tend not to call people out as liars, especially if they really believe something happened.

Videos and pics on the other hand,if i can see a hoax, or natural phenomena,i will call it.

I think Hollywood does a much better job of making stuff up. 

Considering the pond fiasco, I'd seriously reconsider my position if I was you. But each to their own I suppose.

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

Have you ever considered learning for a change? That would be a wonderful change of pace for you.

Please stop the personal comments, which are untrue and ill informed.

Instead make some effort to show how or why a single one of my arguments is not correct or at least an arguable alternative with supporting evidences.

Your comments have no effect on me, largely because the y are ridiculously ill informed and incorrect,  but demonstrate something  about your own character.

This is not a forum for personal attacks but for informed debate.

I get you  dont accept my definitions and understandings, however the y are shared with every person i have spoken with on fishponds since i was a child. We have built fishponds and we have bought them In every case the y were known as a pond before any water was ever put into them.

I am well aware of the old english origins of pond and how it is commonly defined as a body of water 

However it is actually from the same root as poundm meaning an enclosure So a pond can be an enclosure to hold water as a pond was/is an enclosure to hold animals 

Edited by Mr Walker

5 hours ago, stereologist said:

Prove me wrong :) 

15 hours ago, diddyman68 said:

I wasn't expecting the challenge to be taken up.but i still find the stories interesting.weather they're lies, fantasies or lucid dreaming.

I take peoples stories with a pinch of salt weather it be obe's ,ghosts or ufo's.

I may suggest a more logical explanation but i tend not to call people out as liars, especially if they really believe something happened.

Videos and pics on the other hand,if i can see a hoax, or natural phenomena,i will call it.

Good attitude.

21 hours ago, the13bats said:

Oh thanks, you sold me on anyone denouncing evidence must match claim.

But the cherry on top is anyone who thinks a trip to mars for evidence and a trip to a little pond in ones yard is equal,

Poor guy, pethaps you need to consider why he is the way he is.

Back in orlando i helped a buddy make a pond, raccoons kept eating the fish.

So why do you believe that one claim requires greater evidences to establish its truth than the other?   Every claim of fact requires the same levels of evidence to prove  true or false  Otherwise one is not proven true but accepted on faith because its easy to believe.  If you want to KNOW  that life exists in my empty fish pond, or on mars, then BOTH must be investigated and evidences found  Otherwise you have a logical assumption, not knowledge.

Indeed you dont even know if i HAVE a fishpond , unless you gather evidences.

4 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I think Hollywood does a much better job of making stuff up. 

Considering the pond fiasco, I'd seriously reconsider my position if I was you. But each to their own I suppose.

Well maybe that's because my stories are true, and thus lack some of the mystery and suspense of a hollywood movie.  Plus the y only have little old me starring in them, not household names :) 

2 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

Well maybe that's because my stories are true, and thus lack some of the mystery and suspense of a hollywood movie.  Plus the y only have little old me starring in them, not household names :) 

Going on history, I don't think you could ever convince me that your stories are true. 

9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Going on history, I don't think you could ever convince me that your stories are true. 

I dont expect to, but on the other hand  no one has ever proven one of them to be basically  untrue, or a lie 

There are experiences and stories which i admit i can't validate,  yet i experienced them.

Anyone who came to my neighbourhood could check out all the claims Ive made in some areas like finding lost objects and telling people about things i had observed while traveling. Experiences beyond the solar system cant be proven, but i could prove things like my memory, reading speed and past life experiences.

I   can prove my education, qualifications, teaching experiences, intelligence, community reputation  etc.  I can prove the amount i read and the other claims Ive made about past reading  My younger siblings are all still alive and can verify childhood accounts and those of my teenage years. My wife can verify many of the physical  contacts we've had with"angels" or "god"  and/ or simply unexplained physical phenomena.  

5 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I dont expect to, but on the other hand  no one has ever proven one of them to be basically  untrue, or a lie 

There are experiences and stories which i admit i can't validate,  yet i experienced them.

Anyone who came to my neighbourhood could check out all the claims Ive made in some areas like finding lost objects and telling people about things i had observed while traveling. Experiences beyond the solar system cant be proven, but i could prove things like my memory, reading speed and past life experiences.

I   can prove my education, qualifications, teaching experiences, intelligence, community reputation  etc.  I can prove the amount i read and the other claims Ive made about past reading  My younger siblings are all still alive and can verify childhood accounts and those of my teenage years. My wife can verify many of the physical  contacts we've had with"angels" or "god"  and/ or simply unexplained physical phenomena.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqYmXJvrXpC0-P1KO_hBR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqYmXJvrXpC0-P1KO_hBR

Oh i can do dragon stories as well.

Did i never tell you about my experiences riding dragons and fighting a medieval type battle from  the back of a dragon, crewed by a dozen men and with a wingspan greater than  the   length of a  cricket pitch?  Or i can tell you about using a flying carpet and designing a seat belt and then inertial dampening/force fields to improve  it's  safety :).

Man it was fun flying those things with the wind in your face, the cold dampness flying through clouds, and the excitement of battle  I will never forget my first immelman roll/turn, on both a flying carpet and a smaller  one man dragon. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

i could prove things like my memory, reading speed and past life experiences

You would be the first ever to prove its not just imaginations of a delusional mind, do you offer more than anecdotal proof?

1 hour ago, Mr Walker said:

My wife can verify many of the physical  contacts we've had with"angels" or "god"  and/ or simply unexplained physical phenomena.  

No, your wife can only collaborate your stories with more stories of her own.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With those levels of long-suffering empathy, she must be a remarkable woman, indeed.

If she exists.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

You would be the first ever to prove its not just imaginations of a delusional mind, do you offer more than anecdotal proof?

No, your wife can only collaborate your stories with more stories of her own.

I could but i dont need to  My life and history is its own proof 

No one can prove anything at all to a person who is not prepared to accept their proofs.

No my wife can collaborate things to the point where I can know the y did not occur inside my head. So can other independent witnesses Eg if i remember having chicken schnitzel for lunch and my wife confirms she saw me eat it, i know i was not imagining eating it  :)  No one can prove any thing about their life to a person who won't listen, but you  can prove  your own experiences are real (or unreal) through various forms of evidence, including contextual/physical and witnesses 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

With those levels of long-suffering empathy, she must be a remarkable woman, indeed.

If she exists.

lol She is indeed long suffering, but stoic,  strong, independent,   and empowered.

She is indeed remarkable.

Along side my mother, she stands as the most remarkable woman in my life. 

I was hit by the thunderbolt the first time i saw her (at my 21st birthday party)

It took me   4 and a half years to woo her, and we have been happily married and a team for almost 45 years 

However i am the empathetic one in the relationship. She doesn't do emotions. She cares for people but sees actions as the only important way to show you care   I've only seen her cry a couple of times in 45 years, Once  after the death of a loved one who died too young. (oh and yes a couple of times when a beloved dog had to be put down ) She didn't even cry when we lost our house and generations of family treasures in a bushfire. She just carried on 

There are things i dont discuss about her, and our relationship, here,  because the y are no one's business, but you would only find them unbelievable anyway. :) 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Walker said:

I could but i dont need to  My life and history is its own proof 

No one can prove anything at all to a person who is not prepared to accept their proofs.

No my wife can collaborate things to the point where I can know the y did not occur inside my head. So can other independent witnesses Eg if i remember having chicken schnitzel for lunch and my wife confirms she saw me eat it, i know i was not imagining eating it  :)  No one can prove any thing about their life to a person who won't listen, but you  can prove  your own experiences are real (or unreal) to YOURSELF,  through various forms of evidence, including contextual/physical and witnesses 

• Haha 1

Walker, please take your offtopic verbal diarrhoea elsewhere.  You've polluted enough threads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Walker, please take your offtopic verbal diarrhoea elsewhere.  You've polluted enough threads.

Can't blame him really. Posters like @diddyman68 are encouraging him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ChrLzs said:

Hes odd, but sure loves to hear himself babble and bleat,

My guess is he so deeply craves to be praised and honoured. Told how great and wise he is. he needs that huge fragile ego placated,

And now i see its not happening in his home life so he seeks it here, sad when you think about it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Hes odd, but sure loves to hear himself babble and bleat,

My guess is he so deeply craves to be praised and honoured. Told how great and wise he is. he needs that huge fragile ego placated,

And now i see its not happening in his home life so he seeks it here, sad when you think about it.

It's the opposite I think. Nothing fragile about that ego. It's a mutated horrible monster that grows with each attempt to rationalise it 

That he can't admit to errors, like his pond failure show that no matter what the evidence is, he will always claim to be correct. He will make up sciences, definitions, pretend he has special powers you name it. One thing he struggles with is admitting error.

Funny how those who subscribe to the paranormal have such vast experience with it and yet are unable to proved anything more than cheesy stories to support the claims. 

Personally, I suspect it's something more like this.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/science/2009/jul/04/buzz-aldrin-moon-space-apollo

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Can't blame him really. Posters like @diddyman68 are encouraging him. 

Er,how many times have i encouraged him compared to the amount of times you have challenged him.

Look back through the thread, you'll be surprised.if he gets challenged you counter .

So who's encouraging him you or me.

I think you'll find you have made a lot more comments on this thread compared to me.:yes:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, diddyman68 said:

Er,how many times have i encouraged him compared to the amount of times you have challenged him.

Look back through the thread, you'll be surprised.if he gets challenged you counter .

So who's encouraging him you or me.

I think you'll find you have made a lot more comments on this thread compared to me.:yes:

Are you reading the posts?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Are you reading the posts?

Must admit i stopped reading them a while ago.

I only jumped in coz my name got tagged.

So is this the thread that started going on about ponds.?

If so it was entertaining for the first few pages,then the pond debate lost my interest.

The guy may be delusional but trying to convince him otherwise is a waste of time.

He's not gonna cave,your not gonna cave.

It just goes on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked