Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump supporter shot and killed in Portland

Will Due

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

No motive?  Okay.

It's safe to say the motive was somebody didn't agree with his politics.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/us/portland-protest-fatal-shooting/index.html

You might not like CNN, some of the other sources are locked behind a pay wall.  

According to most of the  sources, the Pro-Trump supporters were in a car caravan going through downtown Portland.  Trump supporters in the back of pickups were shooting protesters on the street with paintball guns and Mace.  (How many were doing that, who knows) According to this street report, the  reporter heard a few seconds of shouting, one of the Trump supporters sprayed a person in the face with bear spray and then the shot was fired.  The reporter was unsure if it was the victim who sprayed the other individual or not.  It also seems that the victim was not in a truck but on the street (?)

It seems more likely a physical confrontation than a political disagreement.  We don't have a stand your ground law in Oregon.   As of this morning, no suspect.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/us/portland-protest-fatal-shooting/index.html

You might not like CNN, some of the other sources are locked behind a pay wall.  

According to most of the  sources, the Pro-Trump supporters were in a car caravan going through downtown Portland.  Trump supporters in the back of pickups were shooting protesters on the street with paintball guns and Mace.  (How many were doing that, who knows) According to this street report, the  reporter heard a few seconds of shouting, one of the Trump supporters sprayed a person in the face with bear spray and then the shot was fired.  The reporter was unsure if it was the victim who sprayed the other individual or not.  It also seems that the victim was not in a truck but on the street (?)

It seems more likely a physical confrontation than a political disagreement.  We don't have a stand your ground law in Oregon.   As of this morning, no suspect.

The guy that was shot was not in a car caravan he was walking down the sidewalk hours later.  There is footage.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, lightly said:

Correct...know why?   Because they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform.  And equal justice.  ,,,,,,,,,,,

ok so by your logic, it would be perfectly fine for a person A, to burn your car in protest because cops gave that person a ticket for going 70 in 45 zone?  cuz that is exactly what you saying whether you realize it or not

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Kismit said:

The Manual Beau talks about in the video says to find common ground with the people in the streets.

The mayors in Chicago, Seattle and Portland gave in to their every demand.  Have you seen the mob becoming more civilized or rational?  These people are being paid to cause chaos in hopes of taking Trump down.  There is no "common ground" because they want nothing less than total control.  Have you seen or heard any of them asking to sit down and talk?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

ok so by your logic, it would be perfectly fine for a person A, to burn your car in protest because cops gave that person a ticket for going 70 in 45 zone?  cuz that is exactly what you saying whether you realize it or not

How do you get that out of    "they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform and equal justice."  ?

i'm getting concerned about your comprehension now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Robotic Jew Is it funny that someone was murdered?  Is it funny that the murderer had been cited for having an illegal weapon at the protest, charges were dropped and he later shot a man at another protest?  I don't think it's funny at all personally. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Why will the election end that?  Will electing the man that wrote the crime bill responsible for privatizing prisons and sending half the black men in the country to prison sound like a remedy?  Hmmm...I don't think so.

Hmm, thanks OverSword, I didn't know Biden wrote some fat bill for fat privateers.   I think Biden stinks...but I think Trump is insane.  Highly dysfunctional at best.

Because then the demonstrations will become less politicized? 

Edited by lightly

5 minutes ago, lightly said:

Hmm, thanks OverSword, I didn't know Biden wrote some fat bill for fat privateers.   I think Biden stinks...but I think Trump is insane.  Highly dysfunctional at best.

I think that running the guy that wrote the crime bill during a time of racial unrest , who's faculties are obviously diminishing and choosing as a running mate the candidate that in the primaries came last in her own state, is an clue that the democrats aren't trying to win the presidency.  Maybe they don't want to take over during such a bad time because if they can't fix it in four years then they won't control the white house for a full eight.  Or maybe they're just really out of touch idiots, I don't know.  Doesn't make a lot of sense.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lightly said:

Because then the demonstrations will become less politicized? 

How do you not know this? It's amazing to me how little research people do in electing who is supposed to represent them.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@Robotic Jew Is it funny that someone was murdered?  Is it funny that the murderer had been cited for having an illegal weapon at the protest, charges were dropped and he later shot a man at another protest?  I don't think it's funny at all personally. 

No. What's funny is using a Tim Poole video to try to add anything of substance to an argument. 

2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

No. What's funny is using a Tim Poole video to try to add anything of substance to an argument. 

Then you didn't watch it.   What substance have you added?

Edited by OverSword

1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

I didn't. I avoid him at all costs. As should everyone else. 

Well if you can't dispute facts then attack the source.  That's what people do when they can't actually argue about the subject, right? :tu:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lightly said:

How do you get that out of    "they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform and equal justice."  ?

i'm getting concerned about your comprehension now.

you keep saying that yet, the argument you bring up are ridiculous bordering with extremism, and stupidity,  you justifying riots destructions for  some imaginary equal justice and police reforms, ??? lamo,.   it is like ****ing for virginity, or shooting heroin for sober way of life., it is like cnn talking here,  you;ve been watching it too much

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

it is good opportunity for his family to sue DA, and the state. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

The mayors in Chicago, Seattle and Portland gave in to their every demand.  Have you seen the mob becoming more civilized or rational?  These people are being paid to cause chaos in hopes of taking Trump down.  There is no "common ground" because they want nothing less than total control.  Have you seen or heard any of them asking to sit down and talk?

Paid? All of them? Or just some? And who will benefit more from the chaos politically?

Not that I have any evidence at all that people are being paid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kismit said:

And who will benefit more from the chaos politically?

It will probably be republicans but all the chaos comes from democratic strongholds like mine.  Weird, right?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It will probably be republicans but all the chaos comes from democratic strongholds like mine.  Weird, right?

Yes it is. It is very weird.  It makes no sense at all for democrats to pay for or encourage the violent behaviors. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kismit said:

who will benefit more from the chaos politically?

You're gonna find out in November. :D

• Like 2

Just now, Will do said:

You're gonna find out in November. :D

I have stated many many times that I believe Donald Trump will be re elected.  

But I think America has much bigger issues than an election right now.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2020 at 11:13 AM, Gromdor said:

The Feds were there- they failed and gave up.  We have a whole thread on it. 

What do you mean they gave up?  Isn't the court house still standing?  The Feds are still there, it's just that the mayor has assigned local police to do their jobs, which should have been the case in the first place 3 months ago.  But Trump doesn't need the Mayor's or even the Governor's permission to come in to defend federal property.

Article IV, secs 2 and 4 give further direction for the President to come in to quell the rioting. 

Section. 2.

The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States.

Section. 4.

The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.

Antifa and BLM are in effect, an invasion and domestic violence.  The law abiding citizens are entitled to all privileges and immunities, which mean they are entitled to be safe in their own homes and businesses and protections from a mob of which the Mayor has failed to do in order to maintain a Republican Form of Government.  The President has the authority to move federal troops in to restore law and order.  The military can accomplish this without being armed.  They can equip themselves with riot gear and move 10,000 soldiers into an area to physically push out the rioters.  Have officers armed with sidearms just in case.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Kismit said:

But I think America has much bigger issues than an election right now.

Not America. The entire world.

What's the issue?

That those on the Left are head long allowing themselves to be led in denying what's true.

And not just about politics. 

Edited by Will do
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, lightly said:

Mhm^  :rolleyes:

Fair enough :)

i know the protests weren't political in the beginning....but they're getting more so?   The protests were ,and still should be, about Police Reform.   Police should be peace keepers.  When they arrest someone they should ,of course, maintain their and the public's safety     BUT  they need to use the least amount of force necessary to get the job done.   Inflicting pain on someone will cause them to RESPOND....it's human nature..    Twisting the arm more will not convince the person to "STOP RESISTING" !!!   Many of the accepted procedures are idiotic and counter productive.   And how many cases of two and three cops dealing with one unarmed man resulting in his death does it take to prove a case for excessive force ?    Hello?

How many of the democrat mayors have pushed for meaningful reform to hold bad police accountable?   

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Will do said:

Not America. The entire world.

What's the issue?

That those on the Left are head long allowing themselves to be led in denying what's true.

And not just about politics. 

The issue is that people view the world through us and them Will. Just as your post shows. So dangerous and so damaging. 

Thank goodness it isn't like that everywhere. 

I hope people learn to stop finding delight in belittling and attacking others

• Like 1