Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump supporter shot and killed in Portland

Will Due

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

According to a post right after the one you quoted it wasn't even self defense. The guy that didn't die said that what happened the first shot hit his can of bear spray on his hip setting it off the second shot killed his friend.  

How was he supposed to know it was only bear spray? It could've been some kind of deadly weapon or a precursor to a more violent attack. If a man can be shot 7 times in the back because he had a knife in his car and it's "justified" then surely this is as well. He was protecting himself from a potential threat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

How was he supposed to know it was only bear spray? It could've been some kind of deadly weapon or a precursor to a more violent attack. If a man can be shot 7 times in the back because he had a knife in his car and it's "justified" then surely this is as well. He was protecting himself from a potential threat. 

the spray wasn't in his hand it was on the belt clip.  The shooter walked up behind them and attacked.  Have you been paying any attention or watched the video of the murder?  This has nothing to do with a guy following the rules of what to do if you want to get shot in the back by the police, this was a guy walking down the street when a psycho was told he supported trump and decided to kill him.  It was no different than if someone in 1930's Germany saw a jew walking down the street and shot him for being Jewish.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

Is that really what you are going with?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Robotic Jew said:

Hard to believe you need to have this pointed out to you, but the Portland Antifa shooter is not a law-enforcement officer.  He never shouted any order to drop a weapon.  He also didn't try non-lethal force, like a taser.  He had no identifying badge or uniform.

Trying to compare the Portland Antifa shooter to a police officer is shockingly foolish.  Why would you even try?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Robotic Jew said:

And I call out BS!  The way that the Left is twisting everything is something right out of 1984.  To even entertain such a thought shows a lack of awareness and common sense.  Even ‘comparing’ the two is inappropriate.  It makes a joke of law and order.  Which the Left is intent on doing.

“War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength”

These words are the official slogans of the Party, and are inscribed in massive letters on the white pyramid of the Ministry of Truth, as Winston observes in Book One, Chapter I. Because it is introduced so early in the novel, this creed serves as the reader’s first introduction to the idea of doublethink. By weakening the independence and strength of individuals’ minds and forcing them to live in a constant state of propaganda-induced fear, the Party is able to force its subjects to accept anything it decrees, even if it is entirely illogical—for instance, the Ministry of Peace is in charge of waging war, the Ministry of Love is in charge of political torture, and the Ministry of Truth is in charge of doctoring history books to reflect the Party’s ideology.

That the national slogan of Oceania is equally contradictory is an important testament to the power of the Party’s mass campaign of psychological control. In theory, the Party is able to maintain that “War Is Peace” because having a common enemy keeps the people of Oceania united. “Freedom Is Slavery” because, according to the Party, the man who is independent is doomed to fail. By the same token, “Slavery Is Freedom,” because the man subjected to the collective will is free from danger and want. “Ignorance Is Strength” because the inability of the people to recognize these contradictions cements the power of the authoritarian regime.

https://www.sparknotes.com/lit/1984/quotes/

When I listen to Biden over the last couple days, this is what comes to mind.  I’m pretty sure, that I’m not the only one that sees this.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Myles said:

I noticed too.   He/she mentioned "both sides" in order to show he thinks both sides are wrong, but then he mostly focuses on "the backwoods individuals".    Even though most of the killing, destruction, looting and vandalism has been done by the ghetto trash leftists.   

I said both sides because that is exactly what I meant, as far back woods individuals you obviously no nothing about the area at all. You say that everything is the lefts fault,  LOL, your mind is very small and you do not want to really face reality. I personally think anyone being killed is a terrible thing, but unlike you I am not blinded and sucked into some void where my mind can only work in a single manner, and thinking has all but stopped. The individual killed in Portland was a member of the Patriot Prayer Group, which is Right Winged Extremist Group, just like Antifa is Left Wing Extremist group.

He was there for the same purpose as Antifa and that was violence, what lead up to the shooting we don't know, and who caused it doesn't matter, because it was senseless. Both of these groups are notorious for sponcering violence in Portland and neither group is better than the other. While the Patriot Prayer Group is affiliated with the Neo-Nazi group the Proud boys, Antifa is affiliated with Black Lives Matter which is worst, well I will leave that up to you, unlike you I support neither if those groups. Read the links below and just maybe you will learn something, just maybe.:rolleyes:

Here is. Link from the South Poverty Law Center that discusses the affiliation between the Patriot Prayer Group and the Proud boys.     https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/10/15/patriot-prayer-again-brings-violence-portland-flash-march-downtown-rounding-out-weekend-far

This link talks about the shooting

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/08/31/what-we-know-about-patriot-prayer

Last link covers the fact that it is time to put an end to the dangerous dodge of both-Siderism.

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2020/09/01/its-time-stop-deadly-rhetoric-and-dangerous-dodge-both-siderism

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

Is there any exaggeration too obnoxious for you to make?  Apparently not:

Bear Spray vs Pepper Spray: What’s the Difference?

https://www.selfdefenseninja.com/bear-spray-vs-pepper-spray-whats-difference/

Really, you're just so full of BS.

I am no more full of BS than you, however, things have changed concerning Bear Spray in the last 25 years since I bought any. You are right it is no longer as strong as it use to be, I should have researched it before I made my comments, because I was wrong. You see, unlike you I will admit when I am wrong, which is something you are incapable of doing. One thing is far certain though when it comes to obvious exaggerations and out right lies no one on this forum can beat you, because you are the King of BS.:)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, OverSword said:

He wasn't shot for bear spray.  He was shot because of the perception that he supported trump.  Clearly the spray and the shots happen simultaneously.  

Yes, he was just carrying the Bear Spray in case he encountered a Bear in down town Portland. I think his death was a terrible thing, and there was no excuse for it. But it can not be over looked that he was a member of Patriot Prayer, which is affiliated with the Proud Boys, and these Groups are no better than Antifa so he wasn't there to just watch. You and many others keep using the words Trump Supporter, and while that is true Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys are Right Wing Extremist Groups also, and yes like everywhere else these Right Wing Extremist Groups are Trump Suppoters. However, none of this excuses the mans death, just thought the part you and others keep leaving out should be said he was not a innocent bystander or an innocent Trump Supporter minding his own business at all like many of you keeping repeating.

Link what you need to know about Patriot Prayer.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2020/08/31/what-we-know-about-patriot-prayer

Here it talks about Patriot Prayer going fully armed to Portland Rallies.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/07/25/another-charlottesville-threats-violence-loom-over-upcoming-portland-proud-boys-patriot

Here it talks about Patriot Prayer bring violence to Portland.

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/10/15/patriot-prayer-again-brings-violence-portland-flash-march-downtown-rounding-out-weekend-far

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

@Manwon Lender I believe I have clearly stated in this thread more than once that I am against counter protesters creating more chaos for the police to deal with and risking just this kind of thing. Regardless they are not far right with designs to overthrow the government. Antifa on the other hand does.  Also, Tiny, the most famous proudboy is Polynesian. So much for racism and white supremacy.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

This guy wasn't armed.  He wasn't doing anything except walking and he was EXECUTED for his political leanings.  Those who died in Kenosha were physically attacking the 17-year-old.  Those on the Left who see this as a justified, tit for tat kind of shooting need to remember that once this little party gets started in earnest, there will be NO going back.  Innocents, including family members and friends - who had no part at all in the protest - will likely be targeted.  That's just how blood feuds unfold.  A week into such a conflict and people won't be safe outside their homes.  Antifa/BLM are already showing up in neighborhoods demanding that the citizens support them or else.  

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I am no more full of BS than you, however, things have changed concerning Bear Spray in the last 25 years since I bought any. You are right it is no longer as strong as it use to be, I should have researched it before I made my comments, because I was wrong. You see, unlike you I will admit when I am wrong, which is something you are incapable of doing. One thing is far certain though when it comes to obvious exaggerations and out right lies no one on this forum can beat you, because you are the King of BS.:)

Burn!!! But please note he didn’t have to admit anything because he was right. :whistle:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, and then said:

Antifa/BLM are already showing up in neighborhoods demanding that the citizens support them or else. 

Those scenes in DC were unbelievable. I have fantasized about how long I would last if someone tried that with me after I jacked the nearest jaw. That’s why I stay home at night.  :yes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, and then said:

This guy wasn't armed.  He wasn't doing anything except walking and he was EXECUTED for his political leanings.  Those who died in Kenosha were physically attacking the 17-year-old.  Those on the Left who see this as a justified, tit for tat kind of shooting need to remember that once this little party gets started in earnest, there will be NO going back.  Innocents, including family members and friends - who had no part at all in the protest - will likely be targeted.  That's just how blood feuds unfold.  A week into such a conflict and people won't be safe outside their homes.  Antifa/BLM are already showing up in neighborhoods demanding that the citizens support them or else.  

Sad and in Washington dc when Rand Paul was almost attacked, paid mobs were showing up in the neighborhoods, demanding people get the .... out of their homes:(  I have a nephew living there, I had to call and make sure he was all right.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well, I will pledge to always admit it when I am wrong, should such a thing ever happen.  I owe you that much, I'm sure.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I only recently purchased a couple of cans of bear spray myself and did a bit of research on it at the time.  You see, I also own some properties in Washington State and one of them is pretty popular with bears.  I have a neighbor there who was attacked by a smallish, 140 pound bear and he was nearly killed.  Lost an eye in the process.

- King of Bear Spray

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@Manwon Lender I believe I have clearly stated in this thread more than once that I am against counter protesters creating more chaos for the police to deal with and risking just this kind of thing. Regardless they are not far right with designs to overthrow the government. Antifa on the other hand does. 

I agree you are the only one who has in this entire thread made clear statements that both sides are creating more chaos for the police. But, they also both believe in Anarchy and that is there driving force, they only support President Trump because they see him as means to an end, for them thats anti-immigrant hate, and racism. I know you have spent your life in that area, but I spent around 15 years there myself. Because of the Wilderness surrounding the major cities there is everything from Religious Cults to many different anti-government Sovereign Miltary Groups that live out there in the back woods and both the Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys fall into that category whether you want to admit it or not. 

Do they want to over throw the Government, like I said above not at this time because President Trump full fills their needs. That would all change though if a Libertarian, Moderate, or Democratic President were elected. So I will stick to what I have said, no offense to your beliefs, but in my opinion none of these groups are any better than the the other, they are just on different sides of the fence and there is nothing more to than that. Both groups push hate, and racism trying to intentionally antagonize the other, and they have been fighting each other in Portland all the way back to 2017 before the current unrest Nationwide even started.

Another thing no one is talking about is that the Trump Supporter convey that was driving through pPortland when the man was shot was organized and consisted of members of Patriot Prayer, along with some Proud Boys. They did not come to Portland for a peaceful demonstration they were there to intentionally confront Antifa and BLM and that was the purpose from the beginning. Again while the man's death is terrible, I am glad it was a member of one of these groups that was killed, instead of a innocent civilian who had no affiliation with either group, that would have been much more tragic.

JIMO

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

I agree you are the only one who has in this entire thread made clear statements that both sides are creating more chaos for the police. But, they also both believe in Anarchy and that is there driving force, they only support President Trump because they see him as means to an end, for them thats anti-immigrant hate, and racism. I know you have spent your life in that area, but I spent around 15 years there myself. Because of the Wilderness surrounding the major cities there is everything from Religious Cults to many different anti-government Sovereign Miltary Groups that live out there in the back woods and both the Patriot Prayer and Proud Boys fall into that category whether you want to admit it or not. 

Do they want to over throw the Government, like I said above not at this time because President Trump full fills their needs. That would all change though if a Libertarian, Moderate, or Democratic President were elected. So I will stick to what I have said, no offense to your beliefs, but in my opinion none of these groups are any better than the the other, they are just on different sides of the fence and there is nothing more to than that. Both groups push hate, and racism trying to intentionally antagonize the other, and they have been fighting each other in Portland all the way back to 2017 before the current unrest Nationwide even started.

Another thing no one is talking about is that the Trump Supporter convey that was driving through pPortland when the man was shot was organized and consisted of members of Patriot Prayer, along with some Proud Boys. They did not come to Portland for a peaceful demonstration they were there to intentionally confront Antifa and BLM and that was the purpose from the beginning. Again while the man's death is terrible, I am glad it was a member of one of these groups that was killed, instead of a innocent civilian who had no affiliation with either group, that would have been much more tragic.

JIMO

You're glad? There's something really wrong there Manwon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

Well, I will pledge to always admit it when I am wrong, should such a thing ever happen.  I owe you that much, I'm sure.

Also, in the interest of full disclosure, I only recently purchased a couple of cans of bear spray myself and did a bit of research on it at the time.  You see, I also own some properties in Washington State and one of them is pretty popular with bears.  I have a neighbor there who was attacked by a smallish, 140 pound bear and he was nearly killed.  Lost an eye in the process.

- King of Bear Spray

I also still own a few pieces of Property in Washington State, the reason I use to carry bear spray was for the same reason. I use to do a lot of fishing and hunting and I also encountered a few Bears in my time, but I never had to Spray one. Sounds like your friend tangled with a Black Bear, they are certainly the most common unless you get up into the Cascades where I use to fish hunt. But in reality Bear spray has multiple purposes, it will stop a Mountain Lion attack, and I did use it once when I had a problem with Wolves in the Cascades, trust me it kicked the Wolves ass, and they did not come back. I am a believer that you never shoot animals for their skin or as a trophy, I only hunt for food and nothing else.

Thanks for the reply, and take care.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Will do said:

There is nothing wrong there at all, Antifa and Patriot Prayer are playing a deadly game where people will die. When it comes to the death of another human, I would prefer that it did not happen at all. However, when you have two groups of Extremists intent on violence there is no way to stop it, and if someone must die it's better that's it is a member of one of those groups since they are creating the violence, than an innocent civilian in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Obviously we have different views and we see things in different ways. This is because I don't think you have ever killed another human being, well .I have had to on some occasions due to my military service. It is nothing to be proud of, in fact even though the individuals I killed were trying to kill me, it never made me feel any better about doing it, and once you kill you never forget exactly how and what occurred when it happened it vividly stays with you forever.

So for you there is something wrong, for me like I said if someone had to die it is better that it was A member of one those groups than an innocent civilian if you can't understand that that's on you, not me, I have have made my point very clear.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Will do said:

I think he said he was glad it was a combatant and not a civilian, but that any loss of life was bad..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think Ravenhawk's reference to the Party's manipulation of the people in the novel 1984 is very relevant. It's exactly what's going on here. Both sides are being sucked in. But it isn't Trump who is driving this. The Democrats are up to their eyeballs with it. Now more than ever. Why? Because of the election of Trump. Why? Because the Left had finally gone too far.

1984 is a novel. Pretty good one too. It accurately predicted what the Left is now trying to establish. Tyrannical Secular Totalitarianism. Disguised as "socialism". For the enrichment of those who control their Party.

But it won't happen. That's why Trump is the president. Because Americans aren't asleep. Because Americans love their country. Because Americans love each other. Because Americans know what the brotherhood of man can do.

Big Brother go to hell.

• Like 1

Just now, Tatetopa said:

I think he said he was glad it was a combatant and not a civilian, but that any loss of life was bad..

That's exactly what I said, I view hunman life as very precious and never think it is funny if some one is killed.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The enemy isn't the Right. The enemy isn't the Left. 

The enemy is Ourselves.

For allowing some very diabolical people to control us.

Edited by Will do
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When did the likes of cnn and others spend any time mentioning any other deaths other than the ones that keep the narrative of Trump bad going?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Aroundthecorner said:

When did the likes of cnn and others spend any time mentioning any other deaths other than the ones that keep the narrative of Trump bad going?

When they decided they will be Big Brother.

Edited by Will do
  • Like 2