Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump supporter shot and killed in Portland

Will Due

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

I wouldn't bet big money on it.  Do you think he was even trying to survive?

I don't think Reinoehl wanted to die.  In fact, I think there is a chance that police killed him because they didn't want to see him get acquitted...which might have happened had he been prosecuted.  Eyewitnesses said 30 to 40 shots were fired, after all.

Not that I would agree with an extra-judicial killing by police...but emotions are running pretty high right now.

2 minutes ago, ian hacktorp said:

I don't think Reinoehl wanted to die.  In fact, I think there is a chance that police killed him because they didn't want to see him get acquitted...which might have happened had he been prosecuted.  Eyewitnesses said 30 to 40 shots were fired, after all.

Not that I would agree with an extra-judicial killing by police...but emotions are running pretty high right now.

Reinoehl wanted to die to support the left wing Marxist communists terrorism,  

5 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Reinoehl wanted to die to support the left wing Marxist communists terrorism,  

Well he is supporting them now from a pine box.

To me the BLM`s protesters  shouldn't riot the matters. but go through the law and orders of the justice in the courts , not destroy them

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Back up that first paragraph.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleeing_felon_rule

Under U.S. law the fleeing felon rule was limited in 1985 to non-lethal force in most cases by Tennessee v. Garner, 471 U.S. 1. The justices held that deadly force "may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious bodily harm to the officer or others."[3]

A police officer may not seize an unarmed, nondangerous suspect by shooting him dead...however...Where the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a threat of serious physical harm, either to the officer or to others, it is not constitutionally unreasonable to prevent escape by using deadly force.

— Justice Byron White, Tennessee v. Garner[4]

Fleeing felons may be followed into places not open to the public without a warrant if the officer is in "hot pursuit."[5]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Under the justice system they shot an innocent man.

Go with that, I'm sure cops will believe you to be correct.  This dirtbag was acting like a zombie, I think he knew he was about to to prison and decided to play the suicide by cop game.  Had this guy been left to his choices the officer behind him would have had no margin for self defense.  What's so difficult to understand?  They shot a man that had already physically resisted and gave every indication he was going for a weapon.  Under OUR justice system, he bought a ticket to the room temperature challenge.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Where was the knife found?

Driver's side floor boards.  

https://nypost.com/2020/08/26/jacob-blake-had-a-knife-in-his-car-when-he-was-shot-by-police-doj/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

To me the BLM`s protesters  shouldn't riot the matters. but go through the law and orders of the justice in the courts , not destroy them

to add they should nt  destroy the police and the court houses.:(  love and forgiveness in America in the old  right conservative ideas of Jesus  is the answers. Not the new left  Liberalism ideas

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

Hillsboro is not Portland.  I'd suggest you get out a bit more, but I don't want you to take an unnecessary risk.

Dude I'm a natural born Oregonian, its one of the myriad neighborhoods that sort of congealed into the greater Portland Metro Area over the decades. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ian hacktorp said:

don't think Reinoehl wanted to die.  In fact, I think there is a chance that police killed him because they didn't want to see him get acquitted...which might have happened had he been prosecuted.  Eyewitnesses said 30 to 40 shots were fired, after all.

Good assessment.

1 hour ago, and then said:

Go with that, I'm sure cops will believe you to be correct.  This dirtbag was acting like a zombie, I think he knew he was about to to prison and decided to play the suicide by cop game.  Had this guy been left to his choices the officer behind him would have had no margin for self defense.  What's so difficult to understand?  They shot a man that had already physically resisted and gave every indication he was going for a weapon.  Under OUR justice system, he bought a ticket to the room temperature challenge.

Pfft.  Can't tackle without pads.

They stoppef him getting in the car, they stopped the threat.

Everything else that woulda or coulda done is imagination.

Pfft.  Can't tackle without pads.

They stoppef him getting in the car, they stopped the threat.

Everything else that woulda or coulda done is imagination.

So, they should have, what?  Tackled him and piled on to hold him down?  Then what?  That had already happened.  He got loose and made his move.  I have ZERO sympathy for anyone who acts the way this guy did.  HE CHOSE.  They REACTED.  

• Like 2

And how does that factor into the 10' or 21' rule?

Are you actually trying to be obtuse?  How in hell were they supposed to KNOW he wasn't reaching for a gun?  You have zero empathy for the dangers that police face, daily.  IMO, it was a clean reaction to what this thug was seen doing.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, and then said:

So, they should have, what?  Tackled him and piled on to hold him down?  Then what?  That had already happened.  He got loose and made his move.  I have ZERO sympathy for anyone who acts the way this guy did.  HE CHOSE.  They REACTED.  

You know... do what other police do after they arrest someone. Control the suspect.

Some move.  Slowly walk around a car.

12 minutes ago, and then said:

Are you actually trying to be obtuse?  How in hell were they supposed to KNOW he wasn't reaching for a gun?  You have zero empathy for the dangers that police face, daily.  IMO, it was a clean reaction to what this thug was seen doing.  

You have what?  How could possibly may, or may not have?

They stopped him reaching into the car.  The could have done plenty before he even reached the driver's door.  And walking past the passenger door doesn't add any credence to your counterfactual fantasies.

So the 10 foot deal?  Are you completely abandoning that yet?

Edited by Golden Duck

14 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The US Police are legally allowed to shoot someone trying to escape who is suspected of a felony.

The guy can be seen not complying with the police, he walks off, tries to get into his car to escape, where upon one of the officers rightfully shoots him in the back. Its his own fault he is paralysed, and with the three offenses he committed his prison sentences will be his own fault too.

I have no sympathy for criminal scumbags, they need to take personal responsibility for their actions. And this guy was a scumbag. We arent talking parking offences, one of them is sexual assault.

Anyone who isn't a sold-out political hack would admit that if it had been THEY who was faced with a thug reaching for a weapon, they'd have shot too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, and then said:

Anyone who isn't a sold-out political hack would admit that if it had been THEY who was faced with a thug reaching for a weapon, they'd have shot too.

I think they'd be dead...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, acidhead said:

There must be something in the water in Portland 

Your post seems like Deja Vu, or else you post the same thing every night. :D

• Haha 1