Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Will Do

Trump supporter shot and killed in Portland

650 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

lightly
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

So self defense has been ruled out before we even have a suspect or motive? 

 

        I Object !       ( oop, sorry. )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
7 minutes ago, lightly said:

                      Mhm^  :rolleyes:

  Fair enough :)

i know the protests weren't political in the beginning....but they're getting more so?   The protests were ,and still should be, about Police Reform.   Police should be peace keepers.  When they arrest someone they should ,of course, maintain their and the public's safety     BUT  they need to use the least amount of force necessary to get the job done.   Inflicting pain on someone will cause them to RESPOND....it's human nature..    Twisting the arm more will not convince the person to "STOP RESISTING" !!!   Many of the accepted procedures are idiotic and counter productive.   And how many cases of two and three cops dealing with one unarmed man resulting in his death does it take to prove a case for excessive force ?    Hello?

well i can't argue with most of that, yea use of lethal force by cops sometimes is unjustified, even use of force is not always justified, we do need police reform, but  do you honestly think rioting, burning cities, will make police change their ways? it actually will, but not for the better, that is if did believe the riots were about that, but i just do not buy it for a second, it is not about police, or race, it is only about power. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

What is Patriot Prayer? @Setton

Quote

 

The group became a prominent presence in Portland in the summer of 2017, when Gibson organized a large rally in the city less than a week after a White supremacist fatally stabbed two men who had come to the defense of two Black teenagers – including one wearing a Muslim head-covering – on a light-rail train.

The defendant, Jeremy Christian, who was sentenced to two consecutive life sentences earlier this year, had attended a Patriot Prayer rally several months before, but was kicked out by organizers for flashing Nazi hand signs.

 

Link

Does that sound like a far right group?  No it does not.  Sounds like what happened is that someone was murdered for no good reason because people didn't share the same political beliefs.  Such a waste of a human being, and a good commentary of the state of the current far left protests.  People celebrated this murder in the streets right after it happened which reflects a moral bankruptcy of some of the left protesters. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
2 hours ago, aztek said:

and i stand by what i said relevance isn't your strongest suite,  democrats not only do not do anything to stop it but encourage it,   it has  0 difference what the cops politica, affiliation is,   what is more interesting, that dems vp candidate said that riots will continue if trump is reelected,  and if biden, it will still continue,. 

Correct...know why?   Because they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform.  And equal justice.   They are,currently, being politicized by Politics, and the press loves the carnage and footage.   But...the election will end that.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, lightly said:

Correct...know why?   Because they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform.  And equal justice.   They are,currently, being politicized by Politics, and the press loves the carnage and footage.   But...the election will end that.

lol, no, just no

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
Just now, aztek said:

lol, no, just no

Comprehension problems again?     

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
Just now, lightly said:

Comprehension problems again?     

nope, declined relevance  at your end. and now you showing lack of comprehension yourself

we already have equal justice, if you want to protest against police, why burn businesses that have nothing to do with police?  why destroy landmarks, and get investors leave your city? why destroy quality of life of people who have nothing to do with police or justice?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
10 minutes ago, lightly said:

Correct...know why?   Because they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform.  And equal justice.   They are,currently, being politicized by Politics, and the press loves the carnage and footage.   But...the election will end that.

Why will the election end that?  Will electing the man that wrote the crime bill responsible for privatizing prisons and sending half the black men in the country to prison sound like a remedy?  Hmmm...I don't think so.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
1 hour ago, OverSword said:

No motive?  Okay.

It's safe to say the motive was somebody didn't agree with his politics.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/us/portland-protest-fatal-shooting/index.html

You might not like CNN, some of the other sources are locked behind a pay wall.  

According to most of the  sources, the Pro-Trump supporters were in a car caravan going through downtown Portland.  Trump supporters in the back of pickups were shooting protesters on the street with paintball guns and Mace.  (How many were doing that, who knows) According to this street report, the  reporter heard a few seconds of shouting, one of the Trump supporters sprayed a person in the face with bear spray and then the shot was fired.  The reporter was unsure if it was the victim who sprayed the other individual or not.  It also seems that the victim was not in a truck but on the street (?)

It seems more likely a physical confrontation than a political disagreement.  We don't have a stand your ground law in Oregon.   As of this morning, no suspect.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/30/us/portland-protest-fatal-shooting/index.html

You might not like CNN, some of the other sources are locked behind a pay wall.  

According to most of the  sources, the Pro-Trump supporters were in a car caravan going through downtown Portland.  Trump supporters in the back of pickups were shooting protesters on the street with paintball guns and Mace.  (How many were doing that, who knows) According to this street report, the  reporter heard a few seconds of shouting, one of the Trump supporters sprayed a person in the face with bear spray and then the shot was fired.  The reporter was unsure if it was the victim who sprayed the other individual or not.  It also seems that the victim was not in a truck but on the street (?)

It seems more likely a physical confrontation than a political disagreement.  We don't have a stand your ground law in Oregon.   As of this morning, no suspect.

The guy that was shot was not in a car caravan he was walking down the sidewalk hours later.  There is footage.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
30 minutes ago, lightly said:

Correct...know why?   Because they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform.  And equal justice.  ,,,,,,,,,,,

ok so by your logic, it would be perfectly fine for a person A, to burn your car in protest because cops gave that person a ticket for going 70 in 45 zone?  cuz that is exactly what you saying whether you realize it or not

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
and then
12 hours ago, Kismit said:

The Manual Beau talks about in the video says to find common ground with the people in the streets.

The mayors in Chicago, Seattle and Portland gave in to their every demand.  Have you seen the mob becoming more civilized or rational?  These people are being paid to cause chaos in hopes of taking Trump down.  There is no "common ground" because they want nothing less than total control.  Have you seen or heard any of them asking to sit down and talk?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
2 minutes ago, aztek said:

ok so by your logic, it would be perfectly fine for a person A, to burn your car in protest because cops gave that person a ticket for going 70 in 45 zone?  cuz that is exactly what you saying whether you realize it or not

How do you get that out of    "they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform and equal justice."  ?

       i'm getting concerned about your comprehension now.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword

@Robotic Jew Is it funny that someone was murdered?  Is it funny that the murderer had been cited for having an illegal weapon at the protest, charges were dropped and he later shot a man at another protest?  I don't think it's funny at all personally. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lightly
34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Why will the election end that?  Will electing the man that wrote the crime bill responsible for privatizing prisons and sending half the black men in the country to prison sound like a remedy?  Hmmm...I don't think so.

Hmm, thanks OverSword, I didn't know Biden wrote some fat bill for fat privateers.   I think Biden stinks...but I think Trump is insane.  Highly dysfunctional at best.

        Because then the demonstrations will become less politicized? 

Edited by lightly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
5 minutes ago, lightly said:

Hmm, thanks OverSword, I didn't know Biden wrote some fat bill for fat privateers.   I think Biden stinks...but I think Trump is insane.  Highly dysfunctional at best.

I think that running the guy that wrote the crime bill during a time of racial unrest , who's faculties are obviously diminishing and choosing as a running mate the candidate that in the primaries came last in her own state, is an clue that the democrats aren't trying to win the presidency.  Maybe they don't want to take over during such a bad time because if they can't fix it in four years then they won't control the white house for a full eight.  Or maybe they're just really out of touch idiots, I don't know.  Doesn't make a lot of sense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Michelle
9 minutes ago, lightly said:

Hmm, thanks OverSword, I didn't know Biden wrote some fat bill for fat privateers.   I think Biden stinks...but I think Trump is insane.  Highly dysfunctional at best.

        Because then the demonstrations will become less politicized? 

How do you not know this? It's amazing to me how little research people do in electing who is supposed to represent them.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
46 minutes ago, OverSword said:

@Robotic Jew Is it funny that someone was murdered?  Is it funny that the murderer had been cited for having an illegal weapon at the protest, charges were dropped and he later shot a man at another protest?  I don't think it's funny at all personally. 

No. What's funny is using a Tim Poole video to try to add anything of substance to an argument. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
2 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

No. What's funny is using a Tim Poole video to try to add anything of substance to an argument. 

Then you didn't watch it.   What substance have you added?

Edited by OverSword

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Robotic Jew
Just now, OverSword said:

Then you didn't watch it. 

I didn't. I avoid him at all costs. As should everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OverSword
1 minute ago, Robotic Jew said:

I didn't. I avoid him at all costs. As should everyone else. 

Well if you can't dispute facts then attack the source.  That's what people do when they can't actually argue about the subject, right? :tu:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 hour ago, lightly said:

How do you get that out of    "they are ,at heart, demonstrations for police reform and equal justice."  ?

       i'm getting concerned about your comprehension now.

you keep saying that yet, the argument you bring up are ridiculous bordering with extremism, and stupidity,  you justifying riots destructions for  some imaginary equal justice and police reforms, ??? lamo,.   it is like ****ing for virginity, or shooting heroin for sober way of life., it is like cnn talking here,  you;ve been watching it too much

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
1 hour ago, OverSword said:

@Robotic Jew Is it funny that someone was murdered?  Is it funny that the murderer had been cited for having an illegal weapon at the protest, charges were dropped and he later shot a man at another protest?  I don't think it's funny at all personally. 

it is good opportunity for his family to sue DA, and the state. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
1 hour ago, and then said:

The mayors in Chicago, Seattle and Portland gave in to their every demand.  Have you seen the mob becoming more civilized or rational?  These people are being paid to cause chaos in hopes of taking Trump down.  There is no "common ground" because they want nothing less than total control.  Have you seen or heard any of them asking to sit down and talk?

Paid? All of them? Or just some? And who will benefit more from the chaos politically?

Not that I have any evidence at all that people are being paid. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.