Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Piers Corbyn fined £10,000

itsnotoutthere

Piers Corbyn has become one of the first people to receive a £10,000 fixed penalty under new coronavirus laws restricting public gatherings of more than 30 people.

The weather forecaster and climate change denier, who is the older brother of the former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, was arrested and fined for his part in organising Saturday’s demonstration in central London against lockdown restrictions.

He said he was arrested on the stage set up in Trafalgar Square at the end of the event, while protesters marched off down Whitehall.

The 73-year-old told the Guardian: “After the rally had finished, I was saying goodbye to people … I was just looking around thinking I had better go now, and then they [the police] just grabbed me from behind

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/30/piers-corbyn-fined-10000-for-organising-anti-lockdown-rally

Hmm....wonder how many BLM protesters were similarly fined?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Piers Corbyn has become one of the first people to receive a £10,000 fixed penalty under new coronavirus laws restricting public gatherings of more than 30 people.

The weather forecaster and climate change denier, who is the older brother of the former Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, was arrested and fined for his part in organising Saturday’s demonstration in central London against lockdown restrictions.

He said he was arrested on the stage set up in Trafalgar Square at the end of the event, while protesters marched off down Whitehall.

The 73-year-old told the Guardian: “After the rally had finished, I was saying goodbye to people … I was just looking around thinking I had better go now, and then they [the police] just grabbed me from behind

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/30/piers-corbyn-fined-10000-for-organising-anti-lockdown-rally

Its probably only a weeks wages for him. Pocket money.

• Like 1

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Its probably only a weeks wages for him. Pocket money.

funny how they've made an example of him, someone who can pay the fine or have his supporters pay for it, jail is the answer. then shipped out to a deserted Island.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Thank you very much for posting this, they certainly were nothing but Conspiracy Theorists and a bunch of uneducated idiots. I think the 10,000 fine wasn't enough, they should put that fool and all the others like him behind bars, they are a danger to other British Citizens. Also thanks for the link you provided, it clearly explains just how deluded these people really are, and the real sad part is there are deluded people just like them worldwide.

Why should they fine BLM Protestors? They were not responsible for organizing this rally, all I can say is it's about time that some Governments will hold these people accountable. America needs a leader that will do the same thing, sadly instead we have an idiot who has bigger rallies than the one you posted about, what a shame.

Edited by Manwon Lender

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Thank you very much for posting this, they certainly were nothing but Conspiracy Theorists and a bunch of uneducated idiots. I think the 10,000 fine wasn't enough, they should put that fool and all others like him behind bars, they are a danger to other British Citizens. Also thanks for the link you provided, it clearly explains just how deluded these people really are, and the real sad part is there are deluded people just like them worldwide.

Why should they fine BLM Protestors? They were not responsible for organizing this rally, all I can say is it's about time that some Governments will hold these people accountable. America needs a leader that will do the same thing, sadly instead we have an idiot who has bigger rallies than the one you posted about, what a shame.

If there is any justice in the world BLM organizers should face similar fines. The only difference between the two is that this one was peaceful and didnt end with criminal damage and violence.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

If there is any justice in the world BLM organizers should face similar fines. The only difference between the two is that this one was peaceful and didnt end with criminal damage and violence.

Justice, Justice is gone with the wind the world is a crazy place these days, it's like a ticking time bomb just waiting to explode. None of these groups are any better than the other in reality they are all Anarchists' and nothing more. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Arrest all BLM protestors and put them under forced quarantine at makeshift hospitals.

They are spreading around coronavirus.

19 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Arrest all BLM protestors and put them under forced quarantine at makeshift hospitals.

They are spreading around coronavirus.

Says the man who openly bragged about breaking lockdown rules from the start...

At what point will you be joining them in these concentration camps hospitals?

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

oh let me take a guess........

none..?

Other gatherings that were as technically 'illegal' as the Piers Corbyn one didn't have a problem...

I did see a tweet yesterday as well  about a large group of Muslims walking the streets of London celebrating something but I can't find it now - it may have been removed... there were hundreds .... 

Now.... I think all the nonsense about Coronavirus has got to stop... enough is enough  .. and people should be able to go onto the streets if they aren't breaking laws and intimidating the public... at first when it was a bit of an unknown, being a 'new' virus I could see the sense in precautions,  but now we know it's basically just another Virus... a nasty, sometimes dangerous virus, but just a virus at the end of the day.. 

so fairs fair... and if Piers Corbyn gets fined then the others should too... but it doesn't work like that and it must be the Marxist 'Coalition of Minorities' thing playing out... where the Coalition of Minorities are protected ... and the law doesn't apply equally..

or

Maybe the Government are trying to go softly softly with the volatile BLM marches.... so they don't have anything much to get their teeth into regarding opposition - and hoping that they will fade into a manageable, contained fringe organization with no mainstream influence..? 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

on the subject of BLM...and Sasha Johnson...

apparently after the 'slavery' tweet her account was suspended ... probably because Twitter is trying to help publicly preserve the more benign image of BLM... so they don't lose (more) support - because they (BLM) are a central part to the calculated creation of division and unrest in America and other Western Nations.... 

the irony... when statues of anyone connected to slavery in history are being destroyed by protesters / mobs..
a prominent BLM activist SUPPORTS slavery.... :wacko:

Edited by bee

10 minutes ago, bee said:

on the subject of BLM...and Sasha Johnson...

apparently after the 'slavery' tweet her account was suspended ... probably because Twitter is trying to help publicly preserve the more benign image of BLM... so they don't lose (more) support - because they (BLM) are a central part to the calculated creation of division and unrest in America and other Western Nations.... 

the irony... when statues of anyone connected to slavery in history are being destroyed by protesters / mobs..
a prominent BLM activist SUPPORTS slavery.... :wacko:

I suspect she's on Mi5s blacklist (no pun intended).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bee said:

I did see a tweet yesterday as well  about a large group of Muslims walking the streets of London celebrating something but I can't find it now - it may have been removed... there were hundreds .... 

Now.... I think all the nonsense about Coronavirus has got to stop... enough is enough  .. and people should be able to go onto the streets if they aren't breaking laws and intimidating the public... at first when it was a bit of an unknown, being a 'new' virus I could see the sense in precautions,  but now we know it's basically just another Virus... a nasty, sometimes dangerous virus, but just a virus at the end of the day.. 

so fairs fair... and if Piers Corbyn gets fined then the others should too... but it doesn't work like that and it must be the Marxist 'Coalition of Minorities' thing playing out... where the Coalition of Minorities are protected ... and the law doesn't apply equally..

or

Maybe the Government are trying to go softly softly with the volatile BLM marches.... so they don't have anything much to get their teeth into regarding opposition - and hoping that they will fade into a manageable, contained fringe organization with no mainstream influence..? 

Or maybe it's because the BLM protestors have a genuine grievance to protest against while the anti-lockdown demonstrators are apparently protesting their own stupidity.

Just now, Setton said:

Or maybe it's because the BLM protestors have a genuine grievance to protest against while the anti-lockdown demonstrators are apparently protesting their own stupidity.

Perhaps (if you agree with the present lockdown laws) you think the 'virus' has political affinities and won't spread in the BLM march? ^_^

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

I suspect she's on Mi5s blacklist (no pun intended).

one would hope so......

but another angle to consider, I suppose, is that she could work for MI5..... and has been planted as an 'agent provocateur'..... :) 

but more likely she is part of the Global Marxist Network being unleashed on an unsuspecting Western Public... 

• Like 1

Just now, bee said:

one would hope so......

but another angle to consider, I suppose, is that she could work for MI5..... and has been planted as an 'agent provocateur'..... :) 

but more likely she is part of the Global Marxist Network being unleashed on an unsuspecting Western Public... 

Just wonder what the authorities would do with Tommy Robinson if he came out with that bile.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Setton said:

What 'genuine grievance' have they got in this country?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

7 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Just wonder what the authorities would do with Tommy Robinson if he came out with that bile.

I was thinking the same thing.... 

I think we know how heavy they would come down on him...

Dangerous times when they law is not applied equally...

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

or

If we had just let it go through the population it would be over by now.

Is a 2% to 4% death rate really worth knackering up the global economy for another decade? At least with drugs and better methods of treatment emerging they should just let it go through the population now for a 0.5% death rate.

If nothing else I am bored out of my mind on furlow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

If we had just let it go through the population it would be over by now.

Is a 2% to 4% death rate really worth knackering up the global economy for another decade? At least with drugs and better methods of treatment emerging they should just let it go through the population now for a 0.5% death rate.

If nothing else I am bored out of my mind on furlow.

I agree....

enough is enough...

at first it was to 'protect the NHS'..... then the goalposts moved because the NHS is coping and the Nightingale Hospitals that were specially built weren't even needed..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bee said:

Perhaps (if you agree with the present lockdown laws) you think the 'virus' has political affinities and won't spread in the BLM march? ^_^

Not at all. Just at least they have a better reason than your conspiracy idiots.

13 hours ago, Setton said:

Not at all. Just at least they have a better reason than your conspiracy idiots.

Not really. Why are people protesting the unlawful death of an american criminal in this country? It has no bearing whatsoever in this country. All it did was increase the likelyhood of a spike in the virus & put race relations back 20 years.

Edited by itsnotoutthere