Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Eldorado

Charlie Hebdo to reprint Mohammed cartoons

61 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Zaphod222
2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I agree. But cop out or not, my point is, is it worth it. Not an excuse but just an obversation.

If it draws attention to the problem and wakes up a lot of sheeple, it is worth it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Michelle
3 hours ago, seanjo said:

Appeasement never works...enjoy Sharia when it comes...

Being an independent woman I have a lot more to lose than you guys do. I won't concede under any circumstances and wouldn't be lonely. :gun:

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zaphod222

theo-van-gogh-telegraaf.jpg

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kartikg
On 9/3/2020 at 1:18 AM, seanjo said:

Your basic argument is: Christianity doesn't say no pictures of Christ, but Islam does say no pictures of Mohammed, so disrespect Christ and Christians all you want, but don't disrespect Islam because they say so...

Yes, else your life is under constant threat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
seanjo
1 hour ago, kartikg said:

Yes, else your life is under constant threat. 

Then they have no place in a Western culture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TigerBright19

Western society traditionally is based on Christian values.  As a result the western nations are largely tolerant and accept other faiths and cultures with open arms.  This unfortunately is not reciprocated in other countries.

 

religion.png

 

Yet the media and general public have absolutely no interest in these medieval style injustices.  Future generations will probably judge our time as a depraved and barbaric era that openly encouraged religious persecution.  A simple UN resolution could be passed that sanctions all nations that persecutes Christians and all other practising faiths.

 

Edited by TigerBright19
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zaphod222
8 hours ago, kartikg said:

Yes, else your life is under constant threat. 

I would think the the argument is rather that a belief system that reacts with death threats and actual murder when "offended" should not fly under the cover or "religion".

Edited by Zaphod222
mistype
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RoofGardener
5 hours ago, TigerBright19 said:

Western society traditionally is based on Christian values.  As a result the western nations are largely tolerant and accept other faiths and cultures with open arms.  This unfortunately is not reciprocated in other countries.

 

religion.png

 

Yet the media and general public have absolutely no interest in these medieval style injustices.  Future generations will probably judge our time as a depraved and barbaric era that openly encouraged religious persecution.  A simple UN resolution could be passed that sanctions all nations that persecutes Christians and all other practising faiths.

 

And curiously - with the exception of North Korea and China... all of those countries are Muslim. Whoa thunkit ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thedutchiedutch
11 hours ago, Zaphod222 said:

theo-van-gogh-telegraaf.jpg

I remember this well. Theo once said that "If you want to protect the people, you will have to bring the poison to the surface".
Theo did this by being very vocal about his feelings for churches and religion, especially Islam and unfortunately he had to pay for this with his life because one disturbed lunatic extremists coward decided to silence Theo.

Theodoor "Theo" van Gogh was a Dutch director and film and television producer, actor and author. May he rest in peace.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zaphod222
Just now, thedutchiedutch said:

Theodoor "Theo" van Gogh was a Dutch director and film and television producer, actor and author. May he rest in peace.

The European politcians who encourage islamic immigration and submission under islamic laws have his blood on their hands. And that of many other victims.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zaphod222
3 minutes ago, RoofGardener said:

And curiously - with the exception of North Korea and China... all of those countries are Muslim. Whoa thunkit ? 

North Korea and China are totalitarian dictatorships..... very close to islamic ideology.

Incidentally, China gives its Uigur muslim population the same treatment the muslim countries give to their minorities --- sort of a sad irony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.