Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Victoria Australia a Police State

Knob Oddy

1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I might be way off base here, but I think the Journos are fearful of reporting it truthfully as it could potentially cause more uproar with the public.  What do you think?

i'm not entirely sure. It is very concerning

26 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You haven't got a clue, your wild west thinking is ridiculously outdated and not required for the idiots running this great country. 

Covid is killing people. She taped the arrest on Facebook. That's not what I'd call a police state. Would you see that in China? 

I hope this sets a precedent for all individuals putting the public at risk. Especially anti vaxers. 

The arrest of journalists, yes you would see that in China. What are your opinions on the arrest of Avi Yemini? Have you seen his video? He passes through the police checkpoint with all the correct paperwork and one officer singles him out saying he is not here for "any lawful purpose" and orders him to be arrested, and he was thrown to the ground violently 

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

The arrest of journalists, yes you would see that in China. What are your opinions on the arrest of Avi Yemini? Have you seen his video? He passes through the police checkpoint with all the correct paperwork and one officer singles him out saying he is not here for "any lawful purpose" and orders him to be arrested, and he was thrown to the ground violently 

The big question is what paperwork?  Media accreditation is usually only given out by a private organisation for their events; eg. Motorsport, Turf Racing, national sporting competitions.

He doesn't appear to be affiliated with the MEAA; but, he does have an "Ethics Policy" similar to the Journalist Code of Ethics.  However, how does Avi Yemini handle complaints of breaches of his own "Ethics Policy".  That's a glaring omission in governance.

He does give Jim Jeffries a fair old whack on his website; so, there's that.

How come this victim of police overreach has not had his past brought up to cloud the current issue.

5 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

The arrest of journalists, yes you would see that in China.

While being filmed on Facebook and discussing the charge with police? 

I don't think so. Is that what you call a police state? Telling the officers you don't agree with the charge so you should be let of, but not getting your way? That's an abuse of power?

I'd like to see such laws extended to all menaces like the anti vax movements. They should have to offer solid proof of their public claims or be charged. 

5 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

What are your opinions on the arrest of Avi Yemini? Have you seen his video? He passes through the police checkpoint with all the correct paperwork and one officer singles him out saying he is not here for "any lawful purpose" and orders him to be arrested, and he was thrown to the ground violently 

I just watched it. That's why I didn't reply earlier. I thought he was passive aggressive. Especially when he tried to make out he is as important as channel 9 & 7. I never heard of him until today. And also when he said the first couple hours was peaceful but then violent police arrests started. I didn't see him filming violent police arrests, and the police said he was getting in the way. He said she said. I also don't think he was violently thrown to the ground, I think he purposefully dropped. That's what it sure looks like to me. I honestly think you're exaggerating a lot there. He had a chat with the officers and police media unit, and then released pending further enquiries. That doesn't sound to draconian and the police officers politely answered his questions to the best of their knowledge. The police media offered him further chance to voice his grievances. Did he take that opportunity? A detaining officer isn't the arresting officer either. What the hell would he or she know about the charges?

What do I think? YouTuber with a big ego was making sure that there is a story to film. Storm in a b cup. 

Not like he hasn't got a record of doing just that.

https://m.thechronicle.com.au/news/vile-abuse-after-tv-appearance/4039702/

She said the video creator, Avi Yemini, who was previously convicted of "brutal" abuse against his wife last year, had "specifically asked" viewers to target her.

Yeah, great guy ...... so innocent..... :rolleyes:

• Thanks 1

I'm not Yemeni knows what he's talking about when he mentions freedom of the press.  Normally, there are no protections for journalists.  It's only because of the restrictions that he got an exemption.

I posted this a little more than a year ago.

John Lyons should know more.  But, Chas Licciardello has a few run-ins as a member of The Chaser. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Personally, I think a lot of this has to do with common sense anyway.  For example, the nearest store to us is a Woolworths and it's 20km away from where we are currently (up in the Yarra Valley).  Unfortunately, we are right on the edge of the Stage 4 Restrictions.  However, in the beginning they did say if a store was further than 5km from you, then obviously you had to drive that bit further to get there.

I don't have a problem with wearing a mask at all.  In fact, I love it.  There is the issue of the Reporter Avi where he wasn't wearing his mask in the video and the Police Officer asked him repeatedly to put it on.  It's only fair when in public, to wear it properly, over your nose etc.  

I hope I get asked to answer a poll one day. 

But in all fairness, those of you living outside of Victoria have not, and are not forced to live like this.  You have not had to experience feeling oppressed to the point that you fear being pulled up by the Police if you have to drive a child to a Doctors at night after the curfew of 8pm, just hoping the Doctors is still open.  In fact, you fear you're going to be pulled over when you go out in the car to pick up the mail (as we have no postal delivery where we are).   I fear for my Husband being pulled over by the Police as he has to drive 57km to get to the nearest Chemist as there is nowhere closer.  You guys should think yourselves very lucky right now that you are not here in Victoria, because everyone's lives are definitely not as straight forward and easy as these polls make it sound.  

• Thanks 1

I think movement restrictions should remain in place, BUT if your postcode has no cases, your postcode opens up. One or two cases? Level 1 restrictions in place And so on and so forth. 
Melbourne? They can have their level 4 but Nagambie? No cases, go forth and live your lives. Any other hot spot? Level 4. 
Maybe make masks state mandatory for a while, but everything else opens up again unless there are active community cases.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I think movement restrictions should remain in place, BUT if your postcode has no cases, your postcode opens up. One or two cases? Level 1 restrictions in place And so on and so forth. 
Melbourne? They can have their level 4 but Nagambie? No cases, go forth and live your lives. Any other hot spot? Level 4. 
Maybe make masks state mandatory for a while, but everything else opens up again unless there are active community cases.

This is another problem.  He simply will not do this or even entertain ANY ideas outside of his own.  It's his way, or the highway.  Thus the name, Dictator Dan came about because of this.  There is no plan that lowers the Police State we're in, that has realistic goals to affect this in any way.   Our kid's school Principals had a "Couch Chat" with parents on Zoom yesterday where they feel it's entirely unrealistic too.  There is no way our children will be able to return to school this year AT ALL.   

The saddest part is, the mental health toll this is having on children who are an only child, their parents are working or cannot work at home during this time.  People who live in small studio apartments and have to work from home.  The suicides of people who have lost their jobs due to covid, cannot support their family, arguments ensue because of financial stress, parents trying to juggle helping young children do online schooling who are not tech literate AND work full time. 

We had some random guy go missing up here the other week because he drove up simply to get away from the arguing with his wife, who had left him and taken the children, as he lost his job, a manager of a Gym closed down due to covid.  Thankfully they found him barely conscious but alive near the Yarra River, but he was lost for a few days in the bush up here in the freezing cold weather.  These are the things that people forget about or are totally ignorant of, as the media doesn't focus on the real-life stuff going on. 

And Don't get me started on Scaredy-Cat-Scotty who does nothing.  He's going to hold back funding to Vic?  He needs to do something quickly, as this is utterly ridiculous.  

I realise I am speaking out of frustration, but I'm not sorry.  I literally have not spoken to a friend outside of this house in person for over 6 months now.  I don't know how people who actually suffer from depression and/or anxiety get on, but it's got to be hell for them.

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 4:37 AM, Hugh Mungus said:

Avi Yemini is demonized by the Mind Control Media because he is a 'Citizen Journalist' who doesn't just go along with all the BS -

On the video where he is arrested it's clear the police had been ordered to target him and arrest him... and they made sure they did it as dramatically as possible to intimidate him - then tried to say he was hindering police when he wasn't... (without going back to check I think they used the word 'hindering'..)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, bee said:

Avi Yemini is demonized by the Mind Control Media because he is a 'Citizen Journalist' who doesn't just go along with all the BS -

On the video where he is arrested it's clear the police had been ordered to target him and arrest him... and they made sure they did it as dramatically as possible to intimidate him - then tried to say he was hindering police when he wasn't... (without going back to check I think they used the word 'hindering'..)

What is the problem with use of the term "hindering police"?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Golden Duck said:

What is the problem with use of the term "hindering police"?

if they were using that (term) as a reason to arrest him - when he wasn't... then that's a problem..

because it means the police themselves were acting unlawfully..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bee said:

if they were using that (term) as a reason to arrest him - when he wasn't... then that's a problem..

because it means the police themselves were acting unlawfully..

He was standing in zone between police lines where he wasn't meant to be.  The police explained that to him and the other journalist explained that to him.

He doesn't even know what "freedom of the press" means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bee said:

Did you read the link I left? Do you think the people he has targeted are demonizing him? 

He's a YouTuber. 

35 minutes ago, bee said:

Target?

He's a nobody. What's the gain? 

5 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I realise I am speaking out of frustration, but I'm not sorry.  I literally have not spoken to a friend outside of this house in person for over 6 months now.  I don't know how people who actually suffer from depression and/or anxiety get on, but it's got to be hell for them.

thanks for post.... (just put last bit here).... you have every right to feel frustrated 

the official response to the virus is completely over the top and disproportionate to the reality of the situation..
and Lockdowns are causing more problems and suffering than the virus.... the virus is a nasty one but not nasty enough for all the oppressive measures that are being forced on the citizens...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

He was standing in zone between police lines where he wasn't meant to be.  The police explained that to him and the other journalist explained that to him.

He doesn't even know what "freedom of the press" means.

The police just walked up to him and arrested him... they didn't explain anything and hadn't asked him to move...
he knows that he has to play it by the book and would have complied had they given him the chance...

I will go and look at the video again later when I have time... 

5 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Did you read the link I left? Do you think the people he has targeted are demonizing him? 

yes I read it and looked into it a bit further.... it was a misrepresentation...

because he isn't just falling in with all the divisive BLM stuff... so they twist things and try to make him look bad...

he's a patriotic Australian 

On 9/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, Rlyeh said:

We should build a wall around Victoria and make them pay for it.

*pats the nice hard west australia border* there's a good border.. 

On 9/6/2020 at 7:16 PM, Rlyeh said:

We should build a wall around Victoria and make them pay for it.

22 minutes ago, bee said:

The police just walked up to him and arrested him... they didn't explain anything and hadn't asked him to move...
he knows that he has to play it by the book and would have complied had they given him the chance...

I will go and look at the video again later when I have time... 

He would have complied, would he?  How can you purport such a counterfactual belief? Is it clean criminal history? Was it his demonstrated compliance when released and ordered to move on?  Was it demonstrated understanding that freedom of the press does grant any rights other than of an otherwise ordinary citizen?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DingoLingo said:

Even Chive Paragiana proof, even when he does pay. That's certainly a big beautiful border.

1 hour ago, bee said:

yes I read it and looked into it a bit further.... it was a misrepresentation...

How so? The court seemed to see the incident with his wife otherwise and I don't see anything to defend his online attack and encouraging others to. Ate you referring to his own website? 

1 hour ago, bee said:

because he isn't just falling in with all the divisive BLM stuff... so they twist things and try to make him look bad...

He was convicted in court of domestic abuse. Nobody needs to make him look bad. He already does. 

1 hour ago, bee said:

he's a patriotic Australian 

If you insist, what's that got to do with the question I asked? What's to gain out of arresting a nobody? 

There's a lot of people in the scuffle, but I honestly think it looks like he drops to his knees and lies down. I don't see any violent action. Overkill in numbers maybe, which more supports the police claim that he was between police lines, but no hits or kicks that I saw. Considering the situation, I thought the police kept their cool quite well in the situation. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

If you insist, what's that got to do with the question I asked? What's to gain out of arresting a nobody? 

he isn't a nobody to the authorities - he's someone they want to control and silence - 

18 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

There's a lot of people in the scuffle, but I honestly think it looks like he drops to his knees and lies down. I don't see any violent action. Overkill in numbers maybe, which more supports the police claim that he was between police lines, but no hits or kicks that I saw. Considering the situation, I thought the police kept their cool quite well in the situation. 

it wasn't a scuffle it was a clean take down maneuver by the police-  

• Thanks 1