Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Victoria Australia a Police State

Knob Oddy

1 minute ago, bee said:

he isn't a nobody to the authorities - he's someone they want to control and silence - 

Why? He's a nobody.

What's the gain to the authorities? How does a YouTuber charged with domestic abuse offer a clear and present threat to anyone or anything other than those who have taken him to court? 

I'm not getting it. I don't see how him being arrested changes anything. He's not exactly a household name.

1 minute ago, bee said:

it wasn't a scuffle it was a clean take down maneuver by the police-  

Very clean I agree. Hardly what one could call violent. Violently thrown to the ground I believe was the phrase used? Post #26. 

That's being violently thrown to the ground is it? Would you agree with that description? 

24 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd said:

LMAO did he really do that? Oh my that made my day LOLOL

Apparently, it is an AUSLAN sign for something Anne Dandrews was saying.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

He would have complied, would he?  How can you purport such a counterfactual belief? Is it clean criminal history? Was it his demonstrated compliance when released and ordered to move on?  Was it demonstrated understanding that freedom of the press does grant any rights other than of an otherwise ordinary citizen?

Avi has complied with every police order given. You can watch the whole video, where the police check out his permits and say he's free to attend the rally as media.

There are other media personal near Avi when he is arrested. The other media were told to move AFTER Avi was arrested. No reason was given for the arrest at the time and "hindering police" was an excuse at a later stage. No charges were filed. It was literally police removing a journalist because they could without consequences and were worried about his reports.

If you aren't worried about police overreach in this situation then i don't know when you will. I see Rebel News has an interview with a former Victorian police officer today. Perhaps you should listen to see what people are concerned about.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Very clean I agree. Hardly what one could call violent. Violently thrown to the ground I believe was the phrase used? Post #26. 

That's being violently thrown to the ground is it? Would you agree with that description? 

Far more violent then it had to be. Have you ever been arrested? Do you think all arrests require the accused being handcuffed and manhandled? 

If the police had asked Avi to proceed with them to the station/squad car/processing point because he was under arrest, he would have complied. Instead they proceed straight to getting him to the ground and kneeling on him. 

Why do you think this tactic was used, when Avi was complying with every order given that day?

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Avi has complied with every police order given. You can watch the whole video, where the police check out his permits and say he's free to attend the rally as media.

There are other media personal near Avi when he is arrested. The other media were told to move AFTER Avi was arrested. No reason was given for the arrest at the time and "hindering police" was an excuse at a later stage. No charges were filed. It was literally police removing a journalist because they could without consequences and were worried about his reports.

If you aren't worried about police overreach in this situation then i don't know when you will. I see Rebel News has an interview with a former Victorian police officer today. Perhaps you should listen to see what people are concerned about.

He was released and ordered to move on.  He then wanted argue with the police telling one of them "just a second" so he could demonstrate his ignorance of the meaning of "freedom of the press".

He still "filed his report" so the true meaning of freedom of the press was fulfilled.

Why do use quotation marks around the term hindering police?  Where's the violence that Yemeni?  There was no injury to Yemeni.

Who is Rebel News? The ABN for them was cancelled last FY.  And, their other citizen journalists/mummy bloggers have been banned.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Far more violent then it had to be.

Like another poster said it looks like a standard procedure. If you look in the background you can see another person being detained in exactly the same manner. 

Have you ever been arrested? Do you think all arrests require the accused being handcuffed and manhandled? 

No, I haven't been arrested. 

All arrests are different aren't that, I can't see how it makes sense to compare them all.

You seem to be toning down your description? He wasn't violently thrown to the ground at all was he? You did day that to begin with. As stated, it looks to me like he drops. 

If the police had asked Avi to proceed with them to the station/squad car/processing point because he was under arrest, he would have complied. Instead they proceed straight to getting him to the ground and kneeling on him. 

Who kneeled on him? I can't spot that in the video. At what time signature does that happen? 

There's two stories here. One is that police asked him to move on several times and that he was between police lines which would well explain why several officers were close by to arrest him.

If the police can confirm their story with body cam footage that they had asked him to move along several times before he laughed in the face of the officer, how would you feel about the situation?

Why do you think this tactic was used, when Avi was complying with every order given that day?

As the video shows it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Everyone between police lines received the exact same. Why do you think he should get special treatment? 

As I said, I think he purposefully played up the event to be much more than it actually is. And his history shows he has no problems breaking the law. 

I do feel you are purposefully exaggerating the situation. 

• Thanks 1

I don't really want to engage with you guys if you are denying whats in front of your eyes. But i'll give it a go after posting this

Here's some more reasonable behavior by police in Melbourne. I'm sure you're allowed to grab phones out of citizens hands if they are recording.

I'm sure these two elderly ladies deserve whats coming to them.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, psyche101 said:

Like another poster said it looks like a standard procedure. If you look in the background you can see another person being detained in exactly the same manner. 

TThe person being arrested in the background is there to protest. Avi has all the required documentation to report on this event as a journalist. Why are you comparing the protesters to reporters?

No, I haven't been arrested. 

All arrests are different aren't that, I can't see how it makes sense to compare them all.

What about Avi's behavior warranted the manor of his arrest? 

You seem to be toning down your description? He wasn't violently thrown to the ground at all was he? You did day that to begin with. As stated, it looks to me like he drops. 

Avi decides to drop to the ground according to you? He was manhandled to the ground. Perhaps violence is too strong a word, but definitely more force than necessary to move someone on. They could have asked him to move, but decided he wasn't there for "any purposeful reason" (whatever that means) and arrested him. Why did they decide that?

Who kneeled on him? I can't spot that in the video. At what time signature does that happen? 

There are two officers kneeling on Avi at the 16 second mark in the video. I am surprised you didn't see it as it was so early. As you most likely will dismiss and say you can't see it i will try and post a screenshot (won't let me post a screenshot atm as it's too big)

There's two stories here. One is that police asked him to move on several times and that he was between police lines which would well explain why several officers were close by to arrest him.

Where is any evidence of this happening?

If the police can confirm their story with body cam footage that they had asked him to move along several times before he laughed in the face of the officer, how would you feel about the situation?

So they asked Avi to move on, but not the other media within 2m of Avi who were ignored by the police? EDIT: I would feel differently if police provided any evidence to back up their claims.

As the video shows it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Everyone between police lines received the exact same. Why do you think he should get special treatment? 

Once again, there are other media both sides of Avi. They didn't get arrested. Why do you think they got special treatment considering they were "between police lines"?

As I said, I think he purposefully played up the event to be much more than it actually is. And his history shows he has no problems breaking the law. 

I believe he has one conviction from a while ago, but i'll look into it. Nothing to do with his reporting

I do feel you are purposefully exaggerating the situation. 

I feel like you are deliberately misconstruing the situation considering you are comparing a journalist to a protester. Avi was allowed to be there by police, made it through the roadblocks with appropriate paperwork and was doing his lawful work. Can you tell me of any other journalist in the same situation, or of any person arrested with similar paperwork?

Sorry about the format, it was the easiest way for me to answer IN RED all the points raised

Edited by Hugh Mungus
  • Thanks 2

1880322093_OthermedianexttoAvi.thumb.jpg.83058629e1cc09422c2bf079a330e1a1.jpg

Question for Psyche. Can you see other media in this screenshot? Perhaps looking over Avi's left shoulder you might see media closer to the police lines than Avi? Why were they not arrested do you think? Were they there for "any purposeful reason"?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I don't really want to engage with you guys if you are denying whats in front of your eyes. But i'll give it a go after posting this

Here's some more reasonable behavior by police in Melbourne. I'm sure you're allowed to grab phones out of citizens hands if they are recording.

I'm sure these two elderly ladies deserve whats coming to them.

You are overplaying it.  "Police State" is exagerated rhetoric.  Every case that's been mentioned in this forum you will find the citizen has been released.

As I said earlier, this is Anne Dandrews "Pink Bats" moment.

Victoria locked down harder than anywhere else in the country.  Why fishing was banned, I don't know. However, according to ABS, Melbourne CBD has the highest population density in the country. In fact, the the public housing towers were the suspects for the second wave. There's a story on that in this forum too.

The "Pinks Bats" moment came when, like Geeta Parrot, he was more worried about delivery rather than quality; and so, had untrained personnel in the Stamford Hotel quarantine. Didn't @Gwynbleidd say there was already a Royal Commission looking into it?

Anyway, conceding that Anne Dandrews is ultimately responsible for the Stamford; it's his responsibility to own it, fix it, and move on.

While the other states don't want visitors from the biggest hotspots the hard borders will remain in place for the first time since Federation.

Come first Tuesday in November Anne Dandrews might even be known as the bloke that stopped the race that stops a nation.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The "Pinks Bats" moment came when, like Geeta Parrot, he was more worried about delivery rather than quality; and so, had untrained personnel in the Stamford Hotel quarantine. Didn't @Gwynbleidd say there was already a Royal Commission looking into it?

That was the Liberals screaming for one over the security guard debacle.  Then when questioned about it, Andrews denied he was over offered the military to oversee the ppl coming back into the country (overseas returnees that had to be quarantined for the 14 days).  It was ScoMo that offered the mil - but then the Liberals down here screamed back louder and showed the Press Release that Andrews had indeed been offered the mil guard by ScoMo and that he would take it iirc.  However, he ended up using sec guards untrained or minimal training and that's where that whole debacle ended up becoming bigger than Ben Hur.  It's been like kids throwing insults back and forth, trying to prove each other wrong non stop.  It's turned into this b****fest over who did what and who said what.  Completely pitiful.  

That said, the Liberal guy (opp leader down here) just keeps firing insults at Andrews' handling of covid, yet I just said to my Hubby the other day, the Opp Leader NEVER HAS ANYTHING TO SAY HOW HE'D HANDLE IT BETTER.  So imo they're both just playing the game of politics as usual......meanwhile, I'm still sipping on coffee at home, staring longingly out the window.....waiting for anything to happen really.  Let me just say, it's rather boring.  :lol:

But I'm definitely not one of those people who endanger others and heads off to a Protest though.  I wouldn't want to put my Hubby and children in danger, let along myself too.  I just wouldn't put myself in that position.  However, I do think the Police could perhaps be a little gentler on ones who aren't necessarily doing something incredibly wrong.  There has to be some sort of leeway here - like that poor old Dear in the vid (sorry, I do have to watch it yet still) hopefully she doesn't turn out to be some violent old granny! I'll eat my words! :lol:

• Thanks 1

TThe person being arrested in the background is there to protest. Avi has all the required documentation to report on this event as a journalist. Why are you comparing the protesters to reporters?

How do you know this?

I don't see any indication of the person's reason for being there. 

What about Avi's behavior warranted the manor of his arrest? 

That he was allegedly asked to move on several times but obviously didn't.

Did you notice he was not wearing his mask? Everyone else was. 

Avi decides to drop to the ground according to you? He was manhandled to the ground. Perhaps violence is too strong a word, but definitely more force than necessary to move someone on. They could have asked him to move, but decided he wasn't there for "any purposeful reason" (whatever that means) and arrested him. Why did they decide that?

So you admit violently thrown to the ground was an exaggeration?

Yes, it does look just like he drops to his knees and lies down. I don't see any raised arms, no blows punches or kicks. 

If you fall over violently when people put their arms under yours, I'd see a GP and get him to check my middle ear. 

Did you not read the police side of the story or are you dismissing it out of hand? He was asked to move on and we can see he wasn't wearing a mask. 

There are two officers kneeling on Avi at the 16 second mark in the video. I am surprised you didn't see it as it was so early. As you most likely will dismiss and say you can't see it i will try and post a screenshot (won't let me post a screenshot atm as it's too big)

Your making things up. One clearly had his knees between his ankles which is more apparent from the angle st the 21 second mark and the other has one knee on the ground and one over his butt, which doesn't actually seen to be making contact with his butt. 

Where is any evidence of this happening?

You seem to have missed a great deal from your own links and story?

How is it you have not seen the Police side of the story?

Victoria Police said Yemini was asked to move multiple times by the forward commander 'as he was obstructing the police response to the protest'.

'After repeatedly failing to comply with police direction, he was arrested for hindering police. He was then released with enquiries pending,' it said.

'Investigations are currently underway to determine whether the man will be charged with offences in relation to the recording made while under police arrest.'

So they asked Avi to move on, but not the other media within 2m of Avi who were ignored by the police? EDIT: I would feel differently if police provided any evidence to back up their claims.

Are you reading any of the links to this story? 

What about Mark Santomartino from 9 and Paul Dowsley from 7?

The police statement is above. 

Once again, there are other media both sides of Avi. They didn't get arrested. Why do you think they got special treatment considering they were "between police lines"?

I'll wait for your comments on the above two points.

I didn't see anyone else having extensive chats with police and the police media either. He seemed to be getting pretty good treatment in those cases l, wouldn't you agree? 

I believe he has one conviction from a while ago, but i'll look into it. Nothing to do with his reporting

That's the wife bashing one. I left you a link earlier about him encouraging his far right wing viewers to target Nyadol Nyuon. That incident I feel reflects his credibility in this instance.

I feel like you are deliberately misconstruing the situation considering you are comparing a journalist to a protester.

Please show how you know the other person arrested was a protector. 

And you have those two names above to ponder. 

Avi was allowed to be there by police, made it through the roadblocks with appropriate paperwork and was doing his lawful work. Can you tell me of any other journalist in the same situation, or of any person arrested with similar paperwork?

I don't consider him a journalist. I would say he is just another YouTuber. Rebel news is not mainstream journalism, it's a far right group. Why do you think Rebel News is comparable to the big players like 7 & 9 anyway? They stated that it's worse than China. Do you think that is the case? It also seems to be where the BS phrase "Violently thrown to the ground" originated.

Why are you promoting far right groups as mainstream media? It's fear mongering. Why would you promote that, and promote a bad image against police who are just doing their jobs?

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Come first Tuesday in November Anne Dandrews might even be known as the bloke that stopped the race that stops a nation.

Omg I never thought about that GD - wow that's going to be a big drama for some, if that doesn't go ahead.  Well, we can always watch it live on tv.  The wealthy will just have to do twirls in their outfits at home on that day, get smashed on their expensive champagne and try to outdo each other in the fashion stakes whilst linked up on Zoom parties together.  Hahaha 

Reminds me of that old Kath and Kim episode where they went to the Melbourne Cup! LOLOL

They're still whining down here about having to move the AFL Grand Final to Qld this year.  Personally, I couldn't care less as I don't watch it anyway - me being a Queenslander born and bred, NFL rules!  I've just never been able to get into AFL like the rest of the Victorians down here do.  It's like AFL is the main religion of Victoria!kk5abb3218847a522572489b2916631ea6.jpg.3177a43e2d8898e348ab3db7f45a3687.jpg

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 1

How do you know this?

I don't see any indication of the person's reason for being there. 

That he was allegedly asked to move on several times but obviously didn't.

Did you notice he was not wearing his mask? Everyone else was. 

So you admit violently thrown to the ground was an exaggeration?

Yes, it does look just like he drops to his knees and lies down. I don't see any raised arms, no blows punches or kicks. 

If you fall over violently when people put their arms under yours, I'd see a GP and get him to check my middle ear. 

Did you not read the police side of the story or are you dismissing it out of hand? He was asked to move on and we can see he wasn't wearing a mask. 

Your making things up. One clearly had his knees between his ankles which is more apparent from the angle st the 21 second mark and the other has one knee on the ground and one over his butt, which doesn't actually seen to be making contact with his butt. 

You seem to have missed a great deal from your own links and story?

How is it you have not seen the Police side of the story?

Victoria Police said Yemini was asked to move multiple times by the forward commander 'as he was obstructing the police response to the protest'.

'After repeatedly failing to comply with police direction, he was arrested for hindering police. He was then released with enquiries pending,' it said.

'Investigations are currently underway to determine whether the man will be charged with offences in relation to the recording made while under police arrest.'

Are you reading any of the links to this story? 

What about Mark Santomartino from 9 and Paul Dowsley from 7?

The police statement is above. 

I'll wait for your comments on the above two points.

I didn't see anyone else having extensive chats with police and the police media either. He seemed to be getting pretty good treatment in those cases l, wouldn't you agree? 

That's the wife bashing one. I left you a link earlier about him encouraging his far right wing viewers to target Nyadol Nyuon. That incident I feel reflects his credibility in this instance.

Please show how you know the other person arrested was a protector. 

And you have those two names above to ponder. 

I don't consider him a journalist. I would say he is just another YouTuber. Rebel news is not mainstream journalism, it's a far right group. Why do you think Rebel News is comparable to the big players like 7 & 9 anyway? They stated that it's worse than China. Do you think that is the case? It also seems to be where the BS phrase "Violently thrown to the ground" originated.

Why are you promoting far right groups as mainstream media? It's fear mongering. Why would you promote that, and promote a bad image against police who are just doing their jobs?

Remember, that other mummy blogger from Rebel? The one showed all the Sharia Law in Lakemba in front of a pub with a big VB sign?

...Southern, now resident in Australia, ...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/10/lauren-southern-is-on-the-comeback-trail-and-australian-conservatives-are-all-too-happy-to-help

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Remember, that other mummy blogger from Rebel? The one showed all the Sharia Law in Lakemba in front of a pub with a big VB sign?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/10/lauren-southern-is-on-the-comeback-trail-and-australian-conservatives-are-all-too-happy-to-help

I honestly hope the posters supporting Rebel and their ideologies are doing it out of ignorance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I honestly hope the posters supporting Rebel and their ideologies are doing it out of ignorance. 

Right there on the Rebel News site, it states it was Yemini's first day. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Avi Yemini interviewing an ex cop...

Ex-cop ‘DISGUSTED’ by police state in Victoria speaks out

couple of short quotes

1:22   "........now it's becoming a joke - we feel like the French Resistance in WW2..."

2:12 "...... you can get an expert to say anything..."

This was a ex policeman  - and the police in Victoria are just following orders - it's the people giving the orders that are to blame and the (IMO) unnecessary decision to declare a State of Emergency.....

I think all people would understand if it was a REAL emergency.... and not just a politically motivated MSM hyping up a virus - scaring people half to death on a daily basis... ''''emergency''''

What happens if a REAL emergency comes along - and the trust of the people has been weakened and/ or destroyed by the politicians and police chiefs that are running the show at the moment...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bee said:

Avi Yemini interviewing an ex cop...

Ex-cop ‘DISGUSTED’ by police state in Victoria speaks out

couple of short quotes

1:22   "........now it's becoming a joke - we feel like the French Resistance in WW2..."

2:12 "...... you can get an expert to say anything..."

This was a ex policeman  - and the police in Victoria are just following orders - it's the people giving the orders that are to blame and the (IMO) unnecessary decision to declare a State of Emergency.....

I think all people would understand if it was a REAL emergency.... and not just a politically motivated MSM hyping up a virus - scaring people half to death on a daily basis... ''''emergency''''

What happens if a REAL emergency comes along - and the trust of the people has been weakened and/ or destroyed by the politicians and police chiefs that are running the show at the moment...

Yes and a cop from the VICPOL hey day.

You can read the polls if you want the general attitude of citizens.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I think there are some complicated psychological things going on with all this,......

it's such an extreme reaction to call a State of Emergency... and people are subjected to such extreme measures...

that many are feeling humiliated and oppressed to be treated like this (for no really good reason).... so to avoid the feelings of oppression and humiliation they go into denial and a kind of Stockholm Syndrome...

but some are quick to fall into line and avoid feeling like an outsider.... so double down on their approval... getting more aggressive with those who question the wisdom of what's happening with the state of emergency and lockdown...

Making comparisons with Germany in the 1930's is fair I think and a warning of how all that panned out...

When extreme positions are taken by politicians and police chiefs etc .... it can lead to extreme situations that run out of control..

(IMO)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Right, so you'll just be guided by your imagination.

no more than you are guided by yours

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bee said:

no more than you are guided by yours

Oh ok, I stand corrected because Victoria is Nazi Germany, because it's suits some ego of liberty.

• Thanks 2