Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Victoria Australia a Police State

Knob Oddy

A pregnant anti-lockdown protester in Australia has live-streamed her arrest on social media and been charged for allegedly inciting a protest against Covid-19 restrictions in Ballarat's CBD.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12361723

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn0wWVNXmks

So inciting a protest is now a crime. This is a disgusting act from these authoritarian Police officers, but it is also rank hypocrisy from Dan Andrews government. 

When Victoria was getting on top of their first Covid outbreak they held the biggest BLM protest in Australia with 46,000 people attending. Two weeks later they had an "unexplained" resurgence in cases in Melbourne. Dan Andrews told the police not to fine BLM protesters, but tried to persuade people not to turn up. He said it was impossible to stop the protest, or to lock up 10,000 people.

Now that there are anti lockdown protests planned for this Saturday, as Melbourne is stuck in a level 4 lockdown with no end in sight, Victorian Police are using their powers granted by Dan to prevent protests.

Some of the restrictions for residents in Melbourne are currently:

-Police do not need a warrant to enter private property.

-Residents are not allowed to be more than 5kms from their home,

-Curfew in place, no leaving the house at night,

-maximum 1 hour allowed outside the house per day,

If you aren't happy with the new rules, you better not plan a protest as that is clearly illegal. I'm not sure what recourse there is for the average citizen to show their displeasure with the government. This is the definition of a police state. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

... Two weeks later they had an "unexplained" resurgence in cases in Melbourne. ...

Unexplained was it?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

-Police do not need a warrant to enter private property.

-Residents are not allowed to be more than 5kms from their home,

-Curfew in place, no leaving the house at night,

-maximum 1 hour allowed outside the house per day,

Oh my, that does sound a little draconian.

• Like 5

Im not surpriced anyway I bettet keep my mouth shut..... :P

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

There's a good reason our government DOESN'T attempt such harsh measures...just sayin'...  Government is NOT our friend and never was.  It/They will take every bit of power it can until it is resisted.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

If you aren't happy with the new rules, you better not plan a protest as that is clearly illegal. I'm not sure what recourse there is for the average citizen to show their displeasure with the government. This is the definition of a police state. 

You're goddamn right it is!  (My best American accent)

I am surprised someone hasn't tried to kill the Premier yet.  He's got no plan in sight for us to come out of this lockdown.  The figures are obscure that they release, so nobody, including a data scientist can get what they need to actually to see how we are realistically doing in relation to covid.  

I cannot explain to you how bad it is here.  People are getting angrier and angrier by the day.  We've been locked up since March this year.  

Australia was just trying to get on it's feet from the horrible bushfires, then floods began ravaging the country.  Then Covid hit and we were locked up like prisoners and except for 3 weeks in June, we were let out to go to a park.  But then cases soared due.

When Australians were returning from overseas due to covid, they were to stay at specific Hotels for a quarantine period of 14 days.  The Federal Govt offered security in the way of govt funded agencies such as military to stand guard etc.  However the Premier decided he'd hand the guarding over to private security guard agencies with 5 minutes of training on what they were to do, some with masks, some without, some with gloves, some with none.  Some of the private security guards were even having sex with some of the quarantined people, then after leaving their job, went onto other jobs and home, therefore spreading the possibility of the virus all over the place.

So now there is a Royal Commission (investigation) into this happening as we speak.  People argue that the Premier needs to be held accountable.  The Aged Care Home Death toll is ridiculously high.  It has gotten so out of control here - Police are arresting people on the streets for not wearing a mask.  

You have a curfew of 8pm at night and you MUST be home by then and you cannot go out again until 5am the next morning.  People that are caught out after curfew are often detained by Police and the reasons being given are that they just needed to get of the house, or they were buying fast food.  This thing is a gigantic schmozzle right now.  

Premier Andrews wants the legislation put through to ensure that he is given the power to extend this State of Emergency that Victoria is currently is, ie. longer than the 6 months.  If this legislation goes through, he wants to extend this State of Emergency for another 12 months.  He also wants to pass this obscure law where he can have Police search any person's homes WITHOUT A WARRANT.  What the heck is that about?   Is he hoping Cops will find more Covid diseased people in the home???   This is meant to be covid related after all.   Nothing makes sense right now. 

Albeit, I hope different stages are put in place of our freedom.  We cannot be held like prisoners in our homes for much longer.

I'd like to see the statistics on suicides this year just to compare with previous years.  But I'd bet those numbers are as hidden now as the covid stats are here.  

We are living in the most uncertain times here right now.  We do not know how long this is going to go on for.  We can't leave our houses for fear of just about everything right now.  Fear Fear Fear. :angry: 

I'm sick of it. 

Can you tell I'm over it? 

Sorry to others, I am just extremely frustrated with this situation we're in, and there is no end in sight for us here, because there is no plan, nothing from the Leader. 

I am dreaming of the beach now.  Can you believe people can't even go surfing during this lockdown and one guy was arrested in Victoria here for going for a morning surf.  It's making me angrier and I'm beginning to climb the walls now.  WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! :P 

*as I turn in my chair, sipping my coffee and stare longingly out the window........again*

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

We are living in the most uncertain times here right now.  We do not know how long this is going to go on for.  We can't leave our houses for fear of just about everything right now.  Fear Fear Fear. :angry: 

I'm sick of it. 

Can you tell I'm over it? 

Now, multiply YOUR anger and frustration by millions and you have to wonder how government CAN'T know where this is headed.  I think it's a plan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Depending on what you're protesting against, will have you arrested.  This pregnant woman was arrested 19  hours ago for posting on Facebook to have people attend an event on Saturday called Freedom Day (in a town outside of Melbourne).   She apparently organised this event locally that is also being held internationally elsewhere too (if I read it correctly) however, the Police are arresting her over "incitement" inciting a protest.  That covid is a hoax is the basis of their protest I think.

For the Police to be taking every single electronic device (sounded like they were going to take the Husband's phone too?) is a bit out of their scope.  This is a FB post FFS.  

What is happening here?   It feels so out of control. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@bee I wanted to share your post here too as that video is really damning.  People need to be aware of this disgraceful behaviour.  :( 

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Thanks 1

So does he "definition of a police state" include:

• allowing her to change out of her pyjamas before being taken into custody; and,
  • releasing her on bail to appear in court in January?

For Michael O'Brien, Campbell Newman, et al to try gain any political mileage by casting aspersions at any BLM protest across the nation is contemptuous of their public office.  Black Lives Matter is the modern nomenclature for the issue of Aboriginal deaths in custody. - an issue examined under the lens of Royal Commission in 1987-91.  It has been reviewed, and reviewed, and reviewed in the subsequent three decades - and there's still evidence of inadequate implementation of the recommendations.  It's time for those particular gutter tactics to end - unless of course you're actually discussing the Muirhead Commission.

The second wave has no proven link with the Melbourne protest; nor, any other protest across the country.  The lock down in Victoria is, or was, to arrest the rise in cases in Victoria.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gwynbleidd said:

@bee I wanted to share your post here too as that video is really damning.  People need to be aware of this disgraceful behaviour.  :( 

It's really disturbing and upsetting.. this must be how people in the 1930s Germany felt with the rise of fascism - police etc being used to scare and threaten and imprison people and citizens turning on each other...

this time a virus has been used and weaponized to facilitate what looks like a planned attack on the freedoms of the West...

I believe the virus is real and can be nasty for many people - fatal for a very small % mainly of the elderly and those with other medical conditions... but that's like a nasty virus would be anyway and the way it has been used to wreck economies and oppress people is a grave concern... the consequences of lockdowns on the physical and mental health of the nation is more serious than the virus itself.... but the fix in in.... the political moves are in place.... gawd knows what lies ahead as this evil creeps deeper into our lives..

:(

difficult and challenging times...

all the best to you and your family, friends and neighbours and the whole of Victoria... :tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The second wave has no proven link with the Melbourne protest; nor, any other protest across the country. 

I never thought it was due to any protests - I always thought it was due to the security guard debacle with the overseas ppl returning to Vic, hence the Royal Commission into it now.  It's just a big secretive cluster**** down here.  

On that note, it's now 9.23pm so it's well past 8pm curfew and I'm still locked up inside my house and it's time for me to...........*sip a cup of hot chocolate and stare out the window longingly.....again* :lol:

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gwynbleidd said:

I never thought it was due to any protests - I always thought it was due to the security guard debacle with the overseas ppl returning to Vic, hence the Royal Commission into it now.  It's just a big secretive cluster**** down here.  

On that note, it's now 9.23pm so it's well past 8pm curfew and I'm still locked up inside my house and it's time for me to...........*sip a cup of hot chocolate and stare out the window longingly.....again* :lol:

The OP tried to make the link.  I don't know why people insist on arguing against the Muirhead Commission while completely ignoring it.

• Thanks 1

So after Dictator Dan yapped on today about his plan to get Victoria out of this mess, it looks like our curfew may be lifted from 8pm at night to 9pm at night in October, but only if the cases keep going down at this stage.  They want the cases to be Zero.  Personally, I think that's unreasonable.  It's not going to happen.  Maybe I'm just too depressed now. 

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 1

We should build a wall around Victoria and make them pay for it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

We should build a wall around Victoria and make them pay for it.

Queensland tired that, but Scotty from Marketing and Gladys Binchicken had a sooky fit over it.

• Haha 1

Update: Saturdays protest in Ballarat resulted in media being moved on and in one case arrested and released without charge.

I encourage everyone to watch the whole thing. Avi is arrested without breaking any laws or being told to move on. Later the police insist he was told to move on and did not, thereofe he was guilty of "hindering police". The entire event was recorded. Near the end Avi tries to question two mainstream journalists who attended, but they won't comment on the polices' handling of things. Unfortunately for them, they were caught by Avi's cameraman stating the police were heavy handed with them and others, which is not what they reported on the national news.

There is no excuse for arresting media who have the appropriate paperwork/exemptions to work during the lockdown. Also, Avi has been visited at night by the police to check he is in compliance with the lockdown curfew. This is despite never breaching the curfew once, nor disobeying a police order. 

• Thanks 1

If it can happen in a developed and democratic nation like Australia (specifically in Victoria), it could happen in the US or any one of our 50 states. In times of emergencies and crisis, we forego the notion of liberty for the sake of security. I don't know how long the world's toughest lockdown in the second spike of the COVID-19 pandemic will last, but the US has a strong constitution and we're proud to have it as one of our country's social and cultural traditions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

but the US has a strong constitution and we're proud to have it as one of our country's social and cultural traditions. 

We have a Constitution, yet most Australians are completely unaware that we have one.  Dictator Dan is awaiting his November election.  I wonder if he'll get back in after this whole schmozzle.  That said, since we're all in lockdown here, I gather we'll all be voting via Postal Vote.  Thank goodness for the ID system here or it could end up like the USA's problem.  :hmm:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Update: Saturdays protest in Ballarat resulted in media being moved on and in one case arrested and released without charge.

I encourage everyone to watch the whole thing. Avi is arrested without breaking any laws or being told to move on. Later the police insist he was told to move on and did not, thereofe he was guilty of "hindering police". The entire event was recorded. Near the end Avi tries to question two mainstream journalists who attended, but they won't comment on the polices' handling of things. Unfortunately for them, they were caught by Avi's cameraman stating the police were heavy handed with them and others, which is not what they reported on the national news.

There is no excuse for arresting media who have the appropriate paperwork/exemptions to work during the lockdown. Also, Avi has been visited at night by the police to check he is in compliance with the lockdown curfew. This is despite never breaching the curfew once, nor disobeying a police order. 

OMG @Hugh Mungus this is disgusting.  Totally unprovoked.  He copped it from the "Cops" even driving on the way there.  Jeeesh.  Polite State indeed. I also think the cops probably targeted him because he's not your typical "anglo" even though he's most likely 2-3 gen Aussie.

I can't believe they tackled him to the ground.   :o  

Arrested whilst standing alone for hindering...........Hahahahahaha oh dear. 

Cop reply: "To be honest, I don't really care" 

Wow.  First arresting a pregnant woman for a post on a Facebook group to have a protest in Ballarat, peaceful, masks, social distancing all of that jazz.  Now a Journo arrested for "hindering" whilst standing in a group of other Journos.  Interesting times. 

That said, the Police Media Unit woman sounded nice, she also sounded busy as hell too.  

edit:  Plus I also signed his petition.

Edited by Gwynbleidd
  • Like 1

I have also signed the petition. This should be trending around the world. A false claim by police lead to a false arrest, a "move on" order to prevent a journalist covering a story of international significance, a false "hindering police" claim so that the journalist is on a list of non compliance, daily curfew checks because he is now on a list. These are horrendous things to happen in a democracy, but the MSM journalists didn't even report it.

Not to mention what the police did to those poor protesters. They were herded up against the lake (river?) and penned in by rows of police. Then brutally man handled by overzealous officers. These were truly peaceful protesters and they were treated worse than rioters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

I have also signed the petition. This should be trending around the world. A false claim by police lead to a false arrest, a "move on" order to prevent a journalist covering a story of international significance, a false "hindering police" claim so that the journalist is on a list of non compliance, daily curfew checks because he is now on a list. These are horrendous things to happen in a democracy, but the MSM journalists didn't even report it.

Not to mention what the police did to those poor protesters. They were herded up against the lake (river?) and penned in by rows of police. Then brutally man handled by overzealous officers. These were truly peaceful protesters and they were treated worse than rioters.

I might be way off base here, but I think the Journos are fearful of reporting it truthfully as it could potentially cause more uproar with the public.  What do you think?

On 9/3/2020 at 7:25 AM, and then said:

There's a good reason our government DOESN'T attempt such harsh measures...just sayin'...  Government is NOT our friend and never was.  It/They will take every bit of power it can until it is resisted.  

You haven't got a clue, your wild west thinking is ridiculously outdated and not required for the idiots running this great country. 

Covid is killing people. She taped the arrest on Facebook. That's not what I'd call a police state. Would you see that in China? 

Remember these two?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx8HqITXyHxOQaw-Vpn76

They set the bar. That pregnant lady got fined 20 thousand dollars. A I can say is

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7ewik7LwxrlM4Qig86Ww

I hope this sets a precedent for all individuals putting the public at risk. Especially anti vaxers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1