Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Victoria Australia a Police State

Knob Oddy

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

With all due respect, you don't really have a dog in this race 

That never seems to stop you guys, with no dog in the race, critiquing America and Americans.  Welcome to the other perspective. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

That never seems to stop you guys, with no dog in the race, critiquing America and Americans.  Welcome to the other perspective. 

Not quite, it gets personal after some of the more obnoxious posters get involved. It usually starts as criticism of gun culture as opposed to attacking the individual. American gun nuts tend to go straight for the direct insult and call Aussies themselves weak. They like to make it personal. That's not cricket dear fellow, or how this place is supposed to work. They give all gun owners a bad name. You would be better chastising them for the stereotype they perpetuate as opposed to their targets. Gun nuts and gun owner aren't seen in the same light, it's just that those lines are often blurry.

Dingo knows it's not everyone. It's easy to generalise when the discussion holds veiled insults that are equally generalised. Not once did dessertrat apologize, or even update his stupid stereotypes. The animosity is all deservedly his in this case due to his deliberate ignorance and idiotic remarks. 

On 9/2/2020 at 11:54 PM, Gwynbleidd said:

What is happening here?   It feels so out of control. 

Sounds like a perfect example of tyranny to me.  

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 2:19 AM, Golden Duck said:

Chins up Victoria.  Apparently, a lot people think this thing will go away with the heat.

Then it will "go away" sooner than the heavy handed behavior of their politicians.  What they did is disgusting, IMO.  I hate to imagine what OZ will look like in a few years...

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, and then said:

Then it will "go away" sooner than the heavy handed behavior of their politicians.  What they did is disgusting, IMO.  I hate to imagine what OZ will look like in a few years...

What heavy handed behaviour?

You know restrictions are being lifted bit by bit don't you? 

14 minutes ago, and then said:

Over two months in the Australian Capital without a new case.

States, on the advice of their health departments, starting to implement travel bubbles.

The heaviest restrictions are in the places with the greatest hotspots in the second wave.

And, now - as @psyche101 has already said - restrictions are being eased.

You're invited to give more details of what actually disgusts you.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

With all do respect, it's nothing for you to take offense about; you're not a man.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear about being facetious. Everybody is so busy being offended about every little thing I was feeling a little left out. :P

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Not quite, it gets personal after some of the more obnoxious posters get involved. It usually starts as criticism of gun culture as opposed to attacking the individual. American gun nuts tend to go straight for the direct insult and call Aussies themselves weak. They like to make it personal. That's not cricket dear fellow, or how this place is supposed to work. They give all gun owners a bad name. You would be better chastising them for the stereotype they perpetuate as opposed to their targets. Gun nuts and gun owner aren't seen in the same light, it's just that those lines are often blurry.

Dingo knows it's not everyone. It's easy to generalise when the discussion holds veiled insults that are equally generalised. Not once did dessertrat apologize, or even update his stupid stereotypes. The animosity is all deservedly his in this case due to his deliberate ignorance and idiotic remarks. 

I take pacifist bogan hand-wringing lightly. I have all the sympathy in the world for people cringing in terror because of their gun phobia, a terrible affliction.:P

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

I take pacifist bogan hand-wringing lightly. I have all the sympathy in the world for people cringing in terror because of their gun phobia, a terrible affliction.:P

Ha! Those guns really do turn heads! This is how the animosity started to begin with, and standing up for your nations phallic symbol has you defending rudeness on his behalf :). And you wonder why gun culture is seen in such a dim light by so many. The last remnants of a barbaric bygone era. It's even affected your normal ability to reason, that is if you really do think anyone has such a phobia. Your sympathy isn't required, yore providing plenty of comic relief in its place. 

This is on topic how? 

11 hours ago, Michelle said:

I'm sorry I wasn't clear about being facetious. Everybody is so busy being offended about every little thing I was feeling a little left out. :P

Shame you didn't bother to read the thread. That's exactly what it's about. Some right wing racist wife bashing YouTuber who dropped to the ground is crying about police violence. Perhaps you think he should have had a gun to defend himself? Is that why you entered the topic? 

I'm sure you comments on topic would be as colourful as your veiled insults. 

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Ha! Those guns really do turn heads! This is how the animosity started to begin with, and standing up for your nations phallic symbol has you defending rudeness on his behalf :). And you wonder why gun culture is seen in such a dim light by so many. The last remnants of a barbaric bygone era. It's even affected your normal ability to reason, that is if you really do think anyone has such a phobia. Your sympathy isn't required, yore providing plenty of comic relief in its place. 

This is on topic how? 

The topic is a Police State---a totalitarian state controlled by a political police force that secretly supervises the citizens' activities.Police States ban the private ownership of firearms. I've known plenty of people with a gun phobia to varying degrees. For some, it raises their anxiety level to see someone open carry a handgun. Others totally freak and go into full panic mode. I was allowed to own firearms as a teenager, but both my parents had a motorcycle phobia and wouldn't allow me to have one. I didn't ride 'till my early twenties.

Guns are alive and well and have killed tens of thousands, in war and peace, in this century already. You really do have to have some guts to--not only own one--but be able to master them and become proficient with them. They're not for everyone. I prefer long guns like my M1 Garand or my Lee Enfield, myself. 

Edited by Hammerclaw

The topic is a Police State---a totalitarian state controlled by a political police force that secretly supervises the citizens' activities.Police States ban the private ownership of firearms. I've known plenty of people with a gun phobia to varying degrees. For some, it raises their anxiety level to see someone open carry a handgun. Others totally freak and go into full panic mode. I was allowed to own firearms as a teenager, but both my parents had a motorcycle phobia and wouldn't allow me to have one. I didn't ride 'till my early twenties.

But that's been shown to be overhyped rubbish to support a racist wife basher in order to try an incite the sort of unrest seen in the US of late. 

As far as I know, only Bees actually buying it. I don't call the experience I read being violent in any way, that's a ridiculous exaggeration.

Firearms have not been an issue regarding the situation. Dessertrat brought the subject up. I asked him how that would not make such a hostile much worse, especially considering the reports history, yet crickets. You can't surely be suggesting that a gun would have made this situation better? As a citizen, I'm totally supporting the police here, I consider the actions taken appropriate. A fun would have escalated this situation out of control.

Guns are alive and well and have killed tens of thousands, in war and peace, in this century already. You really do have to have some guts to--not only own one--but be able to master them and become proficient with them. They're not for everyone. I prefer long guns like my M1 Garand or my Lee Enfield, myself. 

I don't see the big deal. I grew up with then on a large farm. It was common for me to take of on my motorbike with a .22 Winchester semi auto strapped to my back. In a rural situation it's a norm. Ive taken my kids clay pigeon shooting, I've got videos even,  and my son wanted to try a rifle range, so I took him. My daughter had about 80% hit rate with the clay pigeons. I suppose she is a natural. They aren't inaccessible, nor are they feared, they controlled because are disliked because of the damage they have done in the hands of the wrong people. Now the wrong people can't get them. Only people who follow a sensible guideline. Gun nuts should be your nemesis, they give the culture a bad name. I recognise that there are gun nuts, and gun owners, which are as alike as target shooters and big game hunter's. Gun owners don't seem to get that though, you all seem to see yourselves as equal. I don't. 

1 minute ago, psyche101 said:

But that's been shown to be overhyped rubbish to support a racist wife basher in order to try an incite the sort of unrest seen in the US of late. 

As far as I know, only Bees actually buying it. I don't call the experience I read being violent in any way, that's a ridiculous exaggeration.

Firearms have not been an issue regarding the situation. Dessertrat brought the subject up. I asked him how that would not make such a hostile much worse, especially considering the reports history, yet crickets. You can't surely be suggesting that a gun would have made this situation better? As a citizen, I'm totally supporting the police here, I consider the actions taken appropriate. A fun would have escalated this situation out of control.

I don't see the big deal. I grew up with then on a large farm. It was common for me to take of on my motorbike with a .22 Winchester semi auto strapped to my back. In a rural situation it's a norm. Ive taken my kids clay pigeon shooting, I've got videos even,  and my son wanted to try a rifle range, so I took him. My daughter had about 80% hit rate with the clay pigeons. I suppose she is a natural. They aren't inaccessible, nor are they feared, they controlled because are disliked because of the damage they have done in the hands of the wrong people. Now the wrong people can't get them. Only people who follow a sensible guideline. Gun nuts should be your nemesis, they give the culture a bad name. I recognise that there are gun nuts, and gun owners, which are as alike as target shooters and big game hunter's. Gun owners don't seem to get that though, you all seem to see yourselves as equal. I don't. 

We are very wary of anti-gun nuts. We don't approve of their behavior and feel they should seek some kind of therapy or counseling.

21 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

:rolleyes:

you literally have no shame ...... the way you maliciously misrepresent people and situations - 

and do the very thing you are complaining about..  (bolded above)...

1 minute ago, bee said:

:rolleyes:

you literally have no shame ...... the way you maliciously misrepresent people and situations - 

and do the very thing you are complaining about..  (bolded above)..

Hey a grip bee, it's a public forum. Individuals can support their claims. That's just foreign to you is all. 

Please show where Avi was violently thrown to the ground. He wasn't. The OP failed to back up that claim already. You're a fear monger.

While your at it, have a look at Timothy's photos.

48 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

We are very wary of anti-gun nuts. We don't approve of their behavior and feel they should seek some kind of therapy or counseling.

That's not been an issue, not raised by such. The gun nut is the one at fault here. Veiled insults are rarely well received.

On 9/3/2020 at 1:48 AM, Golden Duck said:

So does he "definition of a police state" include:

• allowing her to change out of her pyjamas before being taken into custody; and,
  • releasing her on bail to appear in court in January?

For Michael O'Brien, Campbell Newman, et al to try gain any political mileage by casting aspersions at any BLM protest across the nation is contemptuous of their public office.  Black Lives Matter is the modern nomenclature for the issue of Aboriginal deaths in custody. - an issue examined under the lens of Royal Commission in 1987-91.  It has been reviewed, and reviewed, and reviewed in the subsequent three decades - and there's still evidence of inadequate implementation of the recommendations.  It's time for those particular gutter tactics to end - unless of course you're actually discussing the Muirhead Commission.

The second wave has no proven link with the Melbourne protest; nor, any other protest across the country.  The lock down in Victoria is, or was, to arrest the rise in cases in Victoria.

Am I missing something?  Did your government not arrest a citizen for simply protesting peacefully?  Not just any citizen but a pregnant woman?  I'm not assuming she's being tortured or held in grievous confinement.  That isn't the issue, IMO.  The issue is that your government punishes dissent.  It's up to each citizen to decide how far is too far but we're seeing the same kind of nonsense over here in some Democrat controlled cities.  The ruling class is literally destroying the economy for the sake of perpetuating their control.

On 9/16/2020 at 8:22 PM, DingoLingo said:

I wont though.. it does not fit their perspective of the situation.. They have it in there mind the cops are foaming at the mouths attacking anyone.. 

Exactly. And chat to any police; they are relieved when they talk to decent people. 
Relieved they don’t have to push law with the idiots testing it. 

Funny this has turned into a gun thread!

Edited by Timothy
Typo.
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 9:35 AM, psyche101 said:

What heavy handed behaviour?

You know restrictions are being lifted bit by bit don't you? 

Maybe you would care to comment on this new bill being proposed by the Vic government , it certainly appears to be heavy handed, and certainly doesnt appear as if restrictions are being lifted by any measurable margin.

sounds about as much of Big Brother/Nanny/Police State as one can possibly get , arrest, detention, quarantine, with no legal rights given.

Mainstream media are finally reporting on the Victorian government’s new bill to hand authorities the power to arrest anyone, even if they have not committed an offence.

10 News Melbourne reports: “[The] new law would give police the power to preemptively detain anyone with COVID or their close contacts even if they haven’t broken the law. All that’s required is that the officer thinks they might breach restrictions in the future.”

The report notes that the Health Department could also empower non-police, such as Public Safety Officers or Work Safe Inspectors, to preemptively detain citizens.

The new legislation places “no limit on detention time, no legislative oversight and no clear avenue for appeal.” Those detained could be placed in quarantine facilities to be monitored by authorities.

The law could see the arrest, not only of anyone the state deems a “conspiracy theorist” and therefore likely to neglect current restrictions, but also their family members and close contacts even if a crime has not been committed.

https://caldronpool.com/pre-crime-victorian-government-pushes-for-powers-to-preemptively-arrest-anyone-even-if-they-havent-broken-the-law/

New powers to detain people considered a high risk of negligently spreading COVID-19 are set to be debated in State Parliament this week.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/people-who-refuse-to-self-isolate-could-be-detained-under-proposed-victorian-law-20200914-p55vm0.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, and then said:

Am I missing something?  Did your government not arrest a citizen for simply protesting peacefully?  Not just any citizen but a pregnant woman?  I'm not assuming she's being tortured or held in grievous confinement.  That isn't the issue, IMO.  The issue is that your government punishes dissent.  It's up to each citizen to decide how far is too far but we're seeing the same kind of nonsense over here in some Democrat controlled cities.  The ruling class is literally destroying the economy for the sake of perpetuating their control.

No she was encouraging people to break the law.  There are other ways to protest.

Remember the executive is elected.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DodgyDaoist said:

Maybe you would care to comment on this new bill being proposed by the Vic government , it certainly appears to be heavy handed, and certainly doesnt appear as if restrictions are being lifted by any measurable margin.

sounds about as much of Big Brother/Nanny/Police State as one can possibly get , arrest, detention, quarantine, with no legal rights given.

https://caldronpool.com/pre-crime-victorian-government-pushes-for-powers-to-preemptively-arrest-anyone-even-if-they-havent-broken-the-law/

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/people-who-refuse-to-self-isolate-could-be-detained-under-proposed-victorian-law-20200914-p55vm0.html

The heading in article from The Age makes it clear the laws apply to those already required to self isolate.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DodgyDaoist said:

Sure.

Purposefully spreading a disease is an offence. If you have AIDs and knowingly sleep with someone without declaring that, unprotected, you will be arrested too.

It is a shame it was not enacted sooner. It would have stopped the Queensland outbreak. Remember these two who knowingly brought Covid to Queensland?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSx8HqITXyHxOQaw-Vpn76

I don't think anyone would have shed a tear had they been arrested. People like this are who that law is aimed at.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, and then said:

Am I missing something? 

Bucket loads. I suggest you read the thread.

On 9/19/2020 at 5:58 PM, and then said:

Why yes, we could follow the US approach and just have shot her because “the officer felt afraid for his life”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1