Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

California DA’s new policy

itsnotoutthere

A California district attorney is requiring her prosecutors to consider looters’ “needs” when weighing criminal charges against them.

The new mandate, set forth by Contra Costa County District Attorney Diane Becton, makes it tougher to prosecute looting cases in the county, which sits just outside San Francisco.

Investigators must now consider “was this theft offense substantially motivated by the state of emergency, or simply a theft offense which occurred contemporaneously to the declared state of emergency?,” according to the policy reported by local outlet East County Today.

In making that determination, they must also consider five other factors, including “was the theft committed for financial gain or personal need?”

https://nypost.com/2020/09/02/das-policy-to-consider-looters-needs-before-charging-them/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_source=NYPTwitter

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Then who considers whether or not the business needed their merchandise... to sell... to recoup the money they spent on it? Not that any this this should need spelled out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I could loot for my family if they were hungry. I don’t advocate the behavior or doubt the law against it, but if you end up with another Depression era, you will spend far more attempting to jail desperate people, than by providing free assistance. It’s simple mathematics, not liberalism.

Next we’ll hear how the Deep State is providing fresh human meat to their cannibal hierarchy, and sharing some with Bigfoot, in secret high Sierra ceremonies.

The QAnon crowd here is possessed by the need to lie about everything under the sun, but simple human needs should be the last thing we lie about to ourselves.

Some people will only loot to feed their families, and they may be too proud to ask for help, which is more about human nature than criminal behavior.

Edited by Raptor Witness

Yeah, you guys know i try to take a comic approach to politics but wtf???

To proud to ask for help but getting busted for looting, thats cool.

This isnt a kind hearted treatment of people in need, because before a poor person resorts to looting they need to exhaust all food banks and soup kitchens, the church next door has a free meal day, so looting even to feed ones family isnt justified, yet, anyway.

And wheres the cut off? im hungry so i break into piggly wiggly to steal food and grab a big screen too, so i walk on the food do time on the TV?

This reminds me of a clickbait story a lady out of work broke shoplifts like 40 bucks worth from a health food store, the cops come out, arrest her?

No, they pay for her food, true story? I dont know but all this will do is cause a lot of people to loot food and use the hungry being poor excuse, hey homeless, if you are hungry looks like you are good to take what you want in cali.

Edited by the13bats

2 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Some people will only loot to feed their families, and they may be too proud to ask for help, which is more about human nature than criminal behavior.

Then why aren't they looting grocery stores instead of running off with big flat screens?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, skliss said:

Then why aren't they looting grocery stores instead of running off with big flat screens?

As I recall, a good number of the President’s own men are in jail for stealing from The People.

There is nothing about law and order, which is unique to class, only the manner and size of the theft$.

The whole idea that looters are losers, and winners steal from the contractors that work for them, or their Trump University students, is a lie to anyone with a basic grasp of reality.

8 hours ago, skliss said:

OMG what a brilliant response @skliss hahahahahaha

I'm dying here :lol:  

I don't know what's funnier, the fact that people attempt to justify this or what?!?  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Build a wall around the place no doors or gates just a wall.

On 9/6/2020 at 4:13 PM, Raptor Witness said:

As I recall, a good number of the President’s own men are in jail for stealing from The People.

There is nothing about law and order, which is unique to class, only the manner and size of the theft$.

The whole idea that looters are losers, and winners steal from the contractors that work for them, or their Trump University students, is a lie to anyone with a basic grasp of reality.

Not sure what that had to do with looters......

2 hours ago, skliss said:

Not sure what that had to do with looters......

Let's take stock of the number of presidential aides and associates who've faced felony charges:

* Roger Stone, a longtime Trump adviser and confidant, has been convinced on multiple counts.

* Michael Cohen, Trump's former lawyer and business associate, is in prison.

* Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign chairman, is in prison.

* Rick Gates, Trump's former campaign vice chairman, has been convicted and is awaiting sentencing.

* Michael Flynn, Trump's former White House national security advisor, has been convicted and is awaiting sentencing.

* George Papadopoulos, Trump's former campaign advisor on foreign policy, has already served his prison sentence.

* Alex van der Zwaan, a lawyer who worked with Manafort and Gates. has already served his prison sentence.

Source

Given the President’s attempts to re-design the district attorneys offices in New York, I don’t think there’s much chance that he’s concerned about coming out lily white, once those probes ramp up next year.

There are likely quite a few co-conspirators, linked to the Trump inaugural committee, the Trump foundation, which was forced to close, and probably many many more looters.

They are called white collar looters.

Edited by Raptor Witness

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

Let's take stock of the number of presidential aides and associates who've faced felony charges:

* Roger Stone, a longtime Trump adviser and confidant, has been convinced on multiple counts.

* Michael Cohen, Trump's former lawyer and business associate, is in prison.

* Paul Manafort, Trump's former campaign chairman, is in prison.

* Rick Gates, Trump's former campaign vice chairman, has been convicted and is awaiting sentencing.

* Michael Flynn, Trump's former White House national security advisor, has been convicted and is awaiting sentencing.

* George Papadopoulos, Trump's former campaign advisor on foreign policy, has already served his prison sentence.

* Alex van der Zwaan, a lawyer who worked with Manafort and Gates. has already served his prison sentence.

Source

Given the President’s attempts to re-design the district attorneys offices in New York, I don’t think there’s much chance that he’s concerned about coming out lily white, once those probes ramp up next year.

There are likely quite a few co-conspirators, linked to the Trump inaugural committee, the Trump foundation, which was forced to close, and probably many many more looters.

They are called white collar looters.

Nah...Now you're stretching....that just means you can't answer the original question of why arent they looting grocery stores instead of Best Buys.

1 hour ago, skliss said:

Nah...Now you're stretching....that just means you can't answer the original question of why arent they looting grocery stores instead of Best Buys.

No, I don’t think I’m stretching, I think that the damage done by this Present and his men far surpasses any damage caused by the theft of a television or two.

It’s sort of like Jesus saying to the far Right in His day, don’t stone the prostitutes, unless you are without sin yourselves, they’re just trying to make a living. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

23 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

No, I don’t think I’m stretching, I think that the damage done by this Present and his men far surpasses any damage caused by the theft of a television or two.

It’s sort of like Jesus saying to the far Right in His day, don’t stone the prostitutes, unless you are without sin yourselves, they’re just trying to make a living. 

But that's "your truth". The absolute truth is something entirely different. 

9 minutes ago, Will do said:

But that's "your truth". The absolute truth is something entirely different. 

The only thing “absolute” is the penalty for lying to the Spirit of Truth.

25 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

The only thing “absolute” is the penalty for lying to the Spirit of Truth.

That's not the only thing that's absolutely true because another much more important thing that's absolute is the reward received for living in accordance with God's will.

Edited by Will do

Silly becomes stupid, stupid became those who think this is acceptable.