Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Edward Snowden vindicated

Eldorado

"Seven years after former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden blew the whistle on the National Security Administration's (NSA) mass surveillance programme; the federal appellate court has ruled that the programme was unlawful and possibly unconstitutional."

Full report at Money Control: Link

Reuters: Link

Washington Examiner: Link

Court Opinion in PDF: US Courts dot Gov

Edited by Eldorado
add link
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 6

Took them seven years to come round to that eh...

sheesh

• Like 3

Can we finally get a mother ****en pardon then :angry:

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Can we finally get a mother ****en pardon then :angry:

:lol: Don't hold your breath.  He sinned against authority.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Both Obama and Trump could easy if done it/do it. But nope.

And even worse is during the primaries I didn't notice one candidate bring him up or mention they would pardon him.

It's not even up for discussion. 

Does Snowden have any legal avenues now?  Appeal Court, Supreme Court, or something?

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

Good for him. I l always thought he was a whistle blower for illegal Government activities, while some saw him as a traitor. If the Government is in the wrong, he isn't a traitor.

• Like 3

I give it two days before this becomes the latest Democrat stick used to try and beat Trump with. 

• Like 2

Yeah right and you think he Will be that gullible.... 

The more important revelation is that the National Security Agency is a criminal organization.  How many ways does that need to be said, before it really sinks in?

Before the U.S. caught coronavirus, the NSA had Edward Snowden, but they never caught him. He just plowed through them like the largest tornado in world history, shortly afterwards.

On May 20, 2013, Snowden flew to Hong Kong after leaving his job at an NSA facility in Hawaii, and in early June he revealed thousands of classified NSA documents to journalists ..... Source

...... but then, who would ever think in a million years to link illegal spying in the U.S. with tornadoes?

Raptor Witness     1,918

Raptor Witness

Their power is derived by keeping secrets from men, but far greater power is given to those who reveal the danger we are in.

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

Mr Julian Wikileaks and Mr Blabba-Mouth Snowden are two people I think should be locked up for a long time.

All states have secrets, all states have to get their hands dirty with dodgy practices to keep their populations safe, all leaders are from time to time have to select from a range of options to deal with a problem where none of the solutions are moral. Exposing what goes on not only compromises defence, it puts a lot of ordinary citizens at risk. 

They should both be locked up until the information they exposed no longer presents a danger. If that means they spend the rest of their lives in prison then so be it.

Here I thought the Fascism Koolaid flavor was intense.

Now folks are advertising the "worship the police state" flavor... wowzers:w00t:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

They should both be locked up until the information they exposed no longer presents a danger. If that means they spend the rest of their lives in prison then so be it.

I strongly disagree.  That's never going to happen in this day and age of the internet.  As far as I'm concerned, they brought to light what few people only suspected and some knew nothing about it.  Imagine living in a world without whistleblowers.  I definitely do not want to live in a world that is full of Govts that are not held accountable for their down and dirty crimes upon fellow humanity.  No way. :angry::angry::angry:

3frety.thumb.jpg.04c05cda6f76fdd2b7366ee91bb33eaa.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

I give it two days before this becomes the latest Democrat stick used to try and beat Trump with. 

Didn't Trump say a few weeks ago that he is considering a pardon for Edward Snowden ?

Good for him but do you think the NSA really cares? Do you think big brother is going to stop listening to you’re phone conversations, emails, text and internet search? Think again it’s all part of the plan. You want privacy? Throw out the cell phones and do away with internet and you got privacy but how long can you live without it? 

Snowden's effing traitor. He runs first to the Red Chinese and then into the arms of the Russians. Gee, and all this happened while sleepy joe was VP. 

Once lawlessness becomes institutionalized to the degree that it has in the United States, the only option is for a Higher Power to destroy the state of confusion.

It’s always fair to argue the existence of said Higher Power, but given the weakened condition of the United States, at present, it’s hard to imagine that this was purely random.

Too much innocent blood has been shed by weapons manufactured in the United States, for too long. Too much rabid arrogance exists in the halls of power to imagine for even a moment that we own our control any part of outer space.

While Edward Snowden was certainly a glimmer of hope, he was sent by said Power to punish and embarrass the state of confusion; to make a mockery of them, and to fulfill the forecast made here, “by your mocks shall your mayhem be magnified, by your taunts, shall your torment tally.”

The only chance I see of the United States surviving, would be a lottery based form of elected representation coupled with educational requirements; but that sort of constitutional convention is very unlikely to happen, given the rampant deception by the rabid oligarchs, and the military industrial Kool-Aid.

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 9/3/2020 at 7:22 PM, quiXilver said:

Here I thought the Fascism Koolaid flavor was intense.

Now folks are advertising the "worship the police state" flavor... wowzers:w00t:.

Not everyone is led into their darkness.

In The End, the state of confusion becomes the enemy of The People. The plagues, like Snowden, underline not just their failure, but how powerless they are to save anyone.

They embrace blindness and Death like they are assets, so their escape is cut off .... by design.

Edited by Raptor Witness