Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Shadow Creature' Filmed in Maine

Still Waters

A curious piece of dashcam footage from a motorist in Maine appears to show some kind of shadow creature dart across a road. The eerie video was posted on Wednesday afternoon by the Facebook group 207 Paranormal, which specializes in reporting accounts of high strangeness in Maine. According to them, the footage was captured in the town of Falmouth "a few days ago" and that the anomaly was only noticed by the driver when he later revisited the video from their drive in the hopes of seeing a deer that had been spotted earlier in the trip.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-shadow-creature-filmed-in-maine/

• Like 6

Kinda screamed cgi to me but and i hate to say it its nothing,

I find the back story fishy, i was looking on my dashcam for a deer i didnt find the deer but found a harry potter dementor...that i didnt notice while driving.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

A black Labrador retriever.

At least that's what my neighbor's looks like when she gets loose.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, eight bits said:

A black Labrador retriever.

At least that's what my neighbor's looks like when she gets loose.

There's nothing worse than trying to find a lost pet that becomes semi-transparent when it escapes.

:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Canine.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, acute said:

It does appear to be translucent.

It doesn't at all. I cant see the yellow lines as it runs over it. 

Clearly a dog or wolf or whatever wildlife lives in that area.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Looks like something out of focus passing between the camera and windshield. A bug probably. Definitely does not look like it's actually out in the road.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Looks like something out of focus passing between the camera and windshield. A bug probably. Definitely does not look like it's actually out in the road.

It definitely does look like something on the road. It's blatantly a four legged mammal.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, the13bats said:

Kinda screamed cgi to me but and i hate to say it its nothing,

I find the back story fishy, i was looking on my dashcam for a deer i didnt find the deer but found a harry potter dementor...that i didnt notice while driving.

In their defense, shadow people do look an awful lot like dementors. 

Just saying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big Black Cat

I dont buy it. The car's not traveling very fast, and the "thing" isnt moving very fast, and dash cams are meant to see fast things moving fast.

I think it's either a hoax, or some kind of artifact on the windshield caused by someone in the car. Maybe even a car behind him turning off, or something.

If you watch the blur travels level across the video, and seems always the same size.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 2

^^

Yeah, it doesnt have an organic feel to me, more like a shadow going across the windscreen or perhaps road ,

As far as hoaxed, well did he find that deer pic he claimed is why he went back to study the video,

It has that something found after the fact so lets call it paranormal feel

• Like 3

It's a shadow projected from the headlights hitting a high point on the road into a shallow in the road. At least that's my guess. I've seen similar shadows driving at night although this one's pretty freaky and kinda does come from far left screen where the grass is and not exactly on the road. Weird video.

• Like 1