Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Shadow Creature' Filmed in Maine

Still Waters

9 minutes ago, acute said:

It could be a skateboarding warthog. Maybe interdimensional.

Oooh me likey that idea! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/5/2020 at 11:05 PM, NCC1701 said:

It runs like a pig, maybe the blur is because of the camara performance in low light conditions.

Exactly, those cams slow down shutter speed to gain more light in dark conditions, blur/edge transparency is due to this.

Anyone else notice that where it crosses the road, there are marks by the lane lines?

1822443556_Screenshot_20200906-224237_SamsungInternet2.thumb.jpg.4760067be4653d151c02a82b204f7fd4.jpg

Might be someone rigged up a trash bag on a line. Or something like that. With the marks on the road to tell them where to look for the effect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Anyone else notice that where it crosses the road, there are marks by the lane lines?

1822443556_Screenshot_20200906-224237_SamsungInternet2.thumb.jpg.4760067be4653d151c02a82b204f7fd4.jpg

Might be someone rigged up a trash bag on a line. Or something like that. With the marks on the road to tell them where to look for the effect.

Very clever and very keen you caught that detail, i await him posting the alleged deer.

13 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Those are common on northern New England roads. They come in two types: a flexible plastic kind used when roads are repaved to mark the lane lines until the lines are repainted (and then often left in place until they wear out) and a permanent hard plastic kind that help define the contours and limits of the (often unlit or underlit) roads at night.

Both kinds feature reflective strips.

ETA: In case you want to buy a few for your next project:

https://www.trafficsigns.com/pavement-markers

Edited by eight bits
  • Like 3

Ironic thats where the shadow passes by

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Ironic thats where the shadow passes by

Everybody has to be somewhere :su

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Honestly,  I have no idea what it is althouh at the end when the video is paused it does look like an animal of some kind.  I do find the story behind why they went back to look at the video footage a little suspect.  

• Like 2

A dark colored Maine Coon Cat.

See the source imageSee the source image

Edited by Hammerclaw

On 9/5/2020 at 12:25 AM, Alpha_Q said:

What is it?

"Love Isn't Always on Time" by Toto and it needs to be stopped.

Watching the short clip, and hearing the song made me think of the show Supernatural.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, BriannaFox said:

In the UK they have a black dog legend. Shadow being, dog shaped

Black Shuck, and other ghost legends got dogs. Black dogs show up in the folklore of the wee folks too, and some of the ghost legends probably derive from that lore. 

All I will add is that for chrissake, buy a 1080p FULL HD (not just HD) dashcam, folks, and make sure it is recording at highest quality.  Also, it should display at least date/time - why the heck would you turn that off?

That really is a dreadful quality video, and given the above (low-res makes faking dead easy) it smells bad....

• Like 2

Dog or cat. How this became a popular story saddens my hope for common sense in my fellow humans. Crap like this is why most people don't take shadows ghosts or entities seriously. smh