Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Finding ET: do aliens even use radio signals?

UM-Bot

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I have a documentry one of the seti guys guarantees whatever odds you like they will find extraterrestrial life within 10 years, the doc is much older :whistle:

What's his name?  I think we need a "please explain".  :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the13bats said:

I have a documentry one of the seti guys guarantees whatever odds you like they will find extraterrestrial life within 10 years, the doc is much older :whistle:

Every five years or so, one of them comes out of the observatory and says that. They've recently altered the message to say extra-terrestrial life will be detected, such as microbial life, too--but not from their efforts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Wow your even more gullible than ufo believes....SETI is just a smoke screen...for a cover-up.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

Wow your even more gullible than ufo believes....SETI is just a smoke screen...for a cover-up.

I havent a clue what you are babbling about, either you didnt read my post you quoted or you are far too dense to grasp it,

I would call you out and say if seti is a smoke screen coverup post your proof but we know you have zero zip zlitch. You will just flame bait ad hominem but not present anything of any use or merits,

So troll away.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

What's his name?  I think we need a "please explain".  :D 

I believe the documentry is "searching for ufos" with Michael Dorn from stng the narrator,

Seems the seti guys name was paul Horowitz

Thats from my horrible memory, please dont make me look it up.

15 hours ago, ufoguy said:

Alien abductions

So not proof of aliens, more stories from people?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, ufoguy said:

i believe the ufo reality...something thats against ur skeptic religion

Nothing realistic about your ufo fantasy.

• Thanks 2

On 9/11/2020 at 3:40 AM, ufoguy said:

If thousands of people including children are reporting the same thing and the numbers are increasing every year, along with ufo sightings thats on the rise, then thats evidence enough, for me anyway.

Data? No data.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Data? No data.

Im not sure collaborating data showing an increase in what is clearly to me a mental disorder would do much, it would be badly biased.

The people who would compile such alleged data are like hopkins who make or made a great living out of validating alleged alien abductees that aliens really are doing these things to them,

scientists like blackmoore and persinger do real research on the phenomenon and show its in the minds of the believers which is far more intertesting to study than delusions that ET is doing this to people, but the later pays better and makes the person feel more special.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

On 9/10/2020 at 7:40 PM, ufoguy said:

If thousands of people including children are reporting the same thing and the numbers are increasing every year, along with ufo sightings thats on the rise, then thats evidence enough, for me anyway.

1.) Millions of people and more and more suffer phycological disorders

2.) Millions of people and more and more drink too much

3.) Millions of people and more and more seek for attention

4.) Children believe in Santa Claus as well

5.) Besides digital cameras, still and video, there are 3,5b Smartphones in operation. But up until today, there is not a single sharp and clear record, not a lousy single one, available of a spacecraft of extraterrestrial origin. Why?

Edited by toast
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wow!_signal

there maybe is the only one as a connection or a signal for the search for extraterrestrial intelligence of the aliens :)

the signal as an intentional communication from another intelligent life form,Wow! signal

The "wow!" Signal was cool but it only happened once a really wow for me would be it repeating

• Like 1

Yikes, right after my above post i recalled the Species movies

25 minutes ago, the13bats said:

The "wow!" Signal was cool but it only happened once a really wow for me would be it repeating

Its possible it did. If its frequency was very low and directed somehow, the Earth could had left the beams track already when it repeated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Its possible it did. If its frequency was very low and directed somehow, the Earth could had left the beams track already when it repeated.

This is a great example, lets say "wow" was from an alien race not unlike us, they shot that out there we got it, it said nothing if we replied did they get it or miss it,

Great example how very hard it would be to have communications not like hitting ET with a text message.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:50 PM, ufoguy said:

i believe the ufo reality...something thats against ur skeptic religion

what is the skeptic religion? I'm a skeptic (as are many others in here) & I, as I'm sure most feel it's highly unlikely, bordering on impossible that we (us humans) are the only intelligent/ sentient life-forms in this vast universe of ours.

I believe in the possibility of these life-forms on this planet. Again= I'm a skeptic so what is it you feel I'm skeptical of? Just out of interest

• Like 1

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

This is a great example, lets say "wow" was from an alien race not unlike us, they shot that out there we got it, it said nothing if we replied did they get it or miss it,

Great example how very hard it would be to have communications not like hitting ET with a text message.

It's also a great example of how nobody covers these things up.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2020 at 2:37 AM, psyche101 said:

So not proof of aliens, more stories from people?

To me the existence of flying saucers are proof in it self that alien abductions are real and that they are here. I cant understand why any skeptic would separate the two. Its common sense to me.  Flying disk are going around abduction people. People are seeing flying disk. Capturing them on camera and photographs. How can u not relate the two phenomenons or make that assumption . Especially if u dont know were these disk are coming from or who they belong to. Its just baffling to me.

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, the13bats said:

Im not sure collaborating data showing an increase in what is clearly to me a mental disorder would do much, it would be badly biased.

The people who would compile such alleged data are like hopkins who make or made a great living out of validating alleged alien abductees that aliens really are doing these things to them,

scientists like blackmoore and persinger do real research on the phenomenon and show its in the minds of the believers which is far more intertesting to study than delusions that ET is doing this to people, but the later pays better and makes the person feel more special.

First off your scientist dont study the whole ufo and abduction phenomenon as a whole. They cant come to a real conclusion if they dont study the whole thing...to me their just insulting their own intelligence. 

6 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

To me the existence of flying saucers are proof...

...People are seeing flying disk. Capturing them on camera and photographs.

So, what's the very best case, in your opinion, of a flying saucer?  I'm hoping it's not your avatar...  :D 

I propose we start with the very best example, in ufoguy's opinion...

9 minutes ago, ufoguy said:

To me the existence of flying saucers are proof in it self that alien abductions are real and that they are here. I cant understand why any skeptic would separate the two. Its common sense to me.  Flying disk are going around abduction people. People are seeing flying disk. Capturing them on camera and photographs. How can u not relate the two phenomenons or make that assumption . Especially if u dont know were these disk are coming from or who they belong to. Its just baffling to me.

The discs never go near space. There's plenty of RADAR records, check them. Not one has ever been tracked heading into or out of space. Hessdalen had offered more solid information on UFOs than any other study in the field. 

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 1

• The topic was locked